TomB
(Traveler)
10/17/17 09:03 PM
Trip Report – Maine to New Brunswick, Canada

Well I took a different twist this trip. Instead of a live blog, I waited until we returned and did a trip report in blog format. It makes it a long read, but I tried to use as many pictures as I could to tell the story.

We had great trip, and hope you enjoy!

Feel free to leave questions/comments on the blog or here on TTOL – I promise to respond.

Exploring the North - Maine to New Brunswick

sailorjane
(Traveler)
10/20/17 08:59 AM
Re: Trip Report – Maine, USA to New Brunswick, Canada

Wonderful report and photos. Thanks for sharing.

TomB
(Traveler)
10/22/17 09:59 PM
Thanks

sailorjane - thanks

I am glad you enjoyed it.
We had a blast!

I had a heck of time replying to you. I guess my original title is too long. When I tried to reply to you I got a warning saying I exceeded 50 Characters. So I just changed my reply title to "thanks".

Carol can you shorten the original title - please and thank you

Carol_HillAdministrator
(Traveler)
10/23/17 08:09 AM
Re: Thanks

Tom--I changed the title but I really don't think it was too long to begin with. I haven't made the time to look at your report yet. Plan to do it today.

TomB
(Traveler)
10/23/17 08:23 AM
Re: Trip Report – Maine to New Brunswick, Canada

Thanks Carol
Not sure what was causing the error message
Sure wish I did a screen capture

Hope you enjoy the trip report.

Carol_HillAdministrator
(Traveler)
10/23/17 10:06 AM

What a lovely report and such lovely pictures! We did a Canada cruise a LONG time ago, went to the reversing falls. I think I'd have a hard time there now on a land trip, as I don't DO beer at all. Thanks for the report!

TomB
(Traveler)
10/23/17 08:24 PM

No worries Carol...
There are lots of wine available
Unfortunately we tend to go the next step above.

I am truly into wine. I presented a wine presentation to a serious wine group which the the topic was a wine you may enjoy monthly, yearly, and in a lifetime. When I enjoy a restaurant meal that is my standard. Daily or weekly wines are not considered - hope that does not sound snobbish.

Bottom line there are other beverages besides beer, but beer is heads above then the wine available.

Carol_HillAdministrator
(Traveler)
10/23/17 08:58 PM

OK, gotta say, I love wine, but I am far from a wine snob...

TravelHat
(Traveler)
10/29/17 06:13 PM

Thanks Tom. Always enjoy your reports. We have never been North of Bar Harbor so this was a treat and now in our bucket.

TomB
(Traveler)
10/29/17 10:26 PM

TravelHat - thanks and you will not be disappointed with this destination in your bucket

BEERMAN
(Traveler)
11/03/17 10:46 AM

Great report as usual Tom! Lots of great shots, but your wife at the waterfall gets my vote!!

Cleobeach
(Traveler)
11/18/17 10:13 AM

A very, very enjoyable trip report. I love your reports and sense of humor.

I am totally with you in the driving to that island tide anxiety! In fact, my parents were just in Maine and walked out to some island and didn’t pay attention to the tides or siren blowing, telling them to turn around. They ended up walking/running back to land in water up to their hips. I screamed at her on the phone when she told me the story.

We really enjoy Canada and have visited every year for the past couple of years. The border crossings, however, can be brutal on both sides. We encounter one Canadian agent that was scary aggressive and intimidating.

TomB
(Traveler)
11/19/17 09:24 PM

Cleobeach,

Thank you for the kind words and I am glad you enjoy the reports.

As for crossing the border, I do not and will not ever understand why people in positions of authority need to act like jerks. No matter what border they are protecting, politeness, manners, and efficiency should be the modi operandi for their tasks - which are very important and needed! However... jerks are neither important or needed.

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline