Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> British Virgin Islands

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Orange_Burst
Traveler

Loc: Toledo, OH, USA
Re: Good place to stay 1 night in CA? [Re: CottageGirl]
      #1726453 - 03/13/17 11:02 AM (72.240.59.138)

I always get a better rate by calling and asking for a manager.

--------------------
Colleen

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Phlynns
Traveler

Loc: Mystic, CT
Re: Good place to stay 1 night in CA? [Re: UncleLuff]
      #1726464 - 03/13/17 11:58 AM (199.16.56.107)

If available, Olgas Fancy in Frenchtown. Stayed there a few weeks ago, it was great.

UncleLuff
Traveler

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Re: Good place to stay 1 night in CA? [Re: Orange_Burst]
      #1726466 - 03/13/17 12:14 PM (198.103.167.20)

Thanks for all the suggestions. We have stayed at Frenchman's reef the previous two trips as our last destination both times two days before flying out. This acted as our decompression stop before flying back to reality!

This time our decompression stop will be on Tortola for 4 days and I think by that time my wife will be all beached out. Having said that the choices in CA do not seem that appealing. My high standards are fighting with my stingy side as to how much I want to spend for what will amount to a bed to sleep in prior to flying out.

Right now I am leaning towards the Windward passage as the one that offers a basic standard for service and safety and its positioning right across the street from the ferry Dock an extra bonus. Right now seeing prices for $145Cn.

Swifty
Traveler

Loc: Roseville, Minnesota
      #1726482 - 03/13/17 02:42 PM (24.118.193.168)

We love both Emerald Beach and Mafolie! Emerald Beach is a great place to kick off a vacation - nice beach and bar. We just stayed at Mafolie for the first time in January and decided to stay one night at the end of our May trip as well. The pool is great and the balcony rooms have a beautiful view of the harbor. Plus, the food and drinks at the restaurant were very good so there's no need to leave the hotel until you head to the airport.

harleybuffett
Traveler

Loc: Billings, MT
      #1726499 - 03/13/17 04:18 PM (216.187.131.101)

We just returned last week and book-ended our trip with nights on STT. If your stay lands on a Thur, Fri or Sat., my vote is for Island View Guest House. Stunning views, very clean rooms, wonderful owners and Ron will grill you the best rib-eye ever ( but only on the above nights ). I think our room was $165 with tax. On our way back we stayed at Olga's fancy in Frenchtown ( it was a Tues. so no dinner at IVGH). The rooms were awesome...decorated all island-y and the bed was SUPER comfortable. It was a 3 minute walk to restaurants/bars and only about another 15-20 minutes walk into CA..for shopping if you're interested. My only caution for Olga's is there are several flights of stairs if you're schlepping luggage :) Happy Travels!

AnneQ
Traveler

Loc: Rhode Island
Re: Good place to stay 1 night in CA? [Re: Phlynns]
      #1727155 - 03/19/17 10:36 AM (68.230.156.48)

Quote:

Phlynns said:
If available, Olgas Fancy in Frenchtown. Stayed there a few weeks ago, it was great.

We stayed at Olga's in February. While it is a cab ride to the airport, it is a walk from the ferry dock. It was a great value. Rooms were recently renovated, and the woman who runs the place could not have been nicer. Great views, and it is right next door to Oceana, a wonderful place for dinner. In the morning, walk a block or so to the Frenchtown Deli for breakfast. If Olga's has rooms available, book one!

Edited by AnneQ (03/19/17 10:39 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
4 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2809

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline
A Public Service of TTOL