Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> British Virgin Islands

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
capndar
Traveler

Loc: NC, USA
Re: Cruising Tax Increase is now official - August 1 [Re: Nutmeg]
      #1738794 - 07/17/17 08:57 AM (108.171.133.172)

As Cap Jay said - it still makes sense to charter from USVI companies (CYOA and Island Yachts are my favorites) - we will plan to spend more time around the USVI and less (maybe none?)around the BVI.

--------------------
Capndar
Masters 50 GT Sail/Power/Towing
3rd generation sailor

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
camsbored
Traveler

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Re: Cruising Tax Increase is now official - August 1 [Re: Nutmeg]
      #1738795 - 07/17/17 09:48 AM (216.27.89.93)

I'm guessing that most charters originating in the USVI don't spend every night of their charter in the BVI, so the $16/pax/night is only for the # of nights you spend in the BVI. This is compared to $6/pax/night for your entire charter when originating from the BVI regardless of whether you visit the USVI for a few days. (Unless BVI will credit you tax for days in USVI upon clearing in?)

Just pointing out that the economics of USVI vs BVI originating charter are not as far apart as it seems.

RatmansWife
Traveler

Loc: Memphis, BVI, CT
Re: Cruising Tax Increase is now official - August 1 [Re: camsbored]
      #1738818 - 07/17/17 12:08 PM (73.91.187.224)

The professor is absolutely right: "There is no plan, long range or otherwise." There is never a plan: just a money grab to cover for this government's incompetence.

USVI day boats are a problem. One company does daily excursions, with two or three boats in season. They snorkel at Diamond Reef, with a well-rehearsed dance to monopolize the two moorings. They do little to no training, so their people end up standing on the coral. We have witnessed this many times.

Yet the BVI government continues to renew their license. Of course no one polices behavior at these sites, so maybe they don't know. Or maybe they don't want to know.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
9 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2434

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline
A Public Service of TTOL