Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Towerislenative
Traveler

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: AZCowboy]
      #1368330 - 01/03/12 09:37 AM (64.136.164.35)

Quote:

We were never fans of Jamaica, nor all inclusives generally, but we have given up our beloved St. Martin, for now.

Yep, understood. I hear a lot of that. Most people that don't like Jamaica have experienced it on a cruise ship visit or stayed at a bad resort.

I'm not so much a fan of Jamaica as I am their ADULTS ONLY private resorts. I don't want kids running around and I don't want to be hassled by locals selling their wares.
The resorts eliminate both of these irritations and they make it very easy to relax. Unfortunately, you can't find that 'Adult Disney World' experience in the states.

I really want to check out St. Martin, but have found the cost and travel from my location to be an inconvenience.

Quote:

if you must have a beach, consider Haulover or Gunnison's

I don't like Haulover and have found Miami to be just as expensive as any Caribbean island vacation, but to each his own.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Towerislenative
Traveler

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: Cathyg]
      #1368350 - 01/03/12 09:58 AM (64.136.164.35)

Quote:

Cathyg said:
We were Braco regulars. I think we had been there 12 times or more. We tried Grand Negril and overall it was pretty disappointing. The nude facilites really lack. I think we would have been ok with the tiny pool if the A/N beach would have been decent which it was not. We also go to Club Orient every April and have considered going there more often. Braco had it's problems, but we sure miss it.

Steve

Steve, I read your post on your visit to Negril. That's a shame. I remember when Grand Lido Negril was ranked as one of the best resorts in the Caribbean. It took a step down when it was rebadged to a Breezes resort. Super Clubs seems to be suffering from financial difficulty.

It would have been nice if Couples resorts had taken over Braco just as they did Grand Lido San Souci, but it did not happen.

John
Traveler

Loc: Welland, Ontario, Canada
Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: Bill_S]
      #1368412 - 01/03/12 12:49 PM (173.238.16.108)

I second that motion Bill...let us not forget the Nudesino!

John

--------------------
May you always have sand in your shoes...and a dollar in your pocket!

Unregistered

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1368458 - 01/03/12 02:57 PM (186.3.45.146)

We've been to Desire Cancun 8 times now, Hedo a couple of times and we're so glad that Original Resorts has re-branded Temptations Cabo back to a Desire - that is next on our list. Also the new Desire Pearl sounds Amazing :)

leep75
Traveler

Loc: Indiana
      #1383093 - 02/13/12 03:02 PM (165.138.200.253)

We visited Braco every June from 2006-2009 and now that it's closed we have since ventured out to non AI vacations. In 2010 we stayed for 5 nights in St Martin (Club Fantastico) and enjoyed there clothing optional facilities as well as Orient Beach. In 2010 we stayed for 7 nights at a private villa in St Barths, which was far and away the best vacation we've ever experienced. We could be nude at our villa as we wanted, we had a hot tub for evening soaks and during the day we would visit one or two beaches. The downside during the day we could only go nude on two of the beaches (Saline and Governour) but I can live with that. My wife would go topless and where a tiny g-string so she was pretty close to nude so for her it was fine. We are going back to St Barths this summer as well and our villa this year has a pool to lounge around during the day (nude) if we wish. I can't wait for June!!

--------------------

Towerislenative
Traveler

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: leep75]
      #1383426 - 02/14/12 11:22 AM (69.72.61.195)

We just returned from 'N' resort. You can roam the whole place naked and also stroll the beach for miles.
Wow! does this place have potential. It should be on everyone's radar... It won't make it without our help.

Unregistered

#1383474 - 02/14/12 01:55 PM (205.164.56.148)

We loved Grand Lido Braco and tried to go at least once per year. Since it closed, we have found the closest thing to it to be Desert Sun Resort in Palm Springs. Not having to go through customs is an added bonus. The Desire and Hedos are just not we are looking for in a vacation. We like to meet nice people without any expectations. Desert Sun seems to provide a nice balance for a clothing optional resort. Our next trip is booked for May. Can't Wait.

timmansxm
Traveler

Loc: Eastern Long Island NY
      #1385610 - 02/20/12 06:39 PM (24.189.228.254)

We're looking into the "N" resort probably next yr 2013. Braco was and must have been awesome in it's day. We only caught the tail end of Braco to Breezes which I mentioned on another forum was the beginning to the end. We still love St. Martin and Club O and have been regulars there for years. We still have Lighthouse Beach on Fire Island in the summer. That place is the ultimate and makes Long Island rock. We are winning over more and more naturist every summer at home. Met a couple from PA & NH past yr.

Unregistered

#1399949 - 04/01/12 03:49 PM (68.194.74.129)

We met a number of Braco refugees on a recent trip to Couples San Souci.

We enjoyed CSS and Sunset Beach and are looking forward to going back.

We have also been to N and generally agree with the trip reports about N - rustic rooms, ok food, good service.

The hard-core naturist is probably a bit more at home at N, since that are catering to that demographic and nudity is ok everywhere but the resturants. Couples offers AN, but it is not the focal point of the resort and nudity is only ok at the designated beach areas.

Depending upon your price point (CSS is nicer and costs significantly more), both can be a good option for a nude beach/pool vacation.

sailn
Traveler

Loc: South East US, Carolinas coast
Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: leep75]
      #1442388 - 09/22/12 09:57 AM (68.59.22.231)

Quote:

leep75 said:
We visited Braco every June from 2006-2009 and now that it's closed we have since ventured out to non AI vacations. In 2010 we stayed for 5 nights in St Martin (Club Fantastico) and enjoyed there clothing optional facilities as well as Orient Beach. In 2010 we stayed for 7 nights at a private villa in St Barths, which was far and away the best vacation we've ever experienced. We could be nude at our villa as we wanted, we had a hot tub for evening soaks and during the day we would visit one or two beaches. The downside during the day we could only go nude on two of the beaches (Saline and Governour) but I can live with that. My wife would go topless and where a tiny g-string so she was pretty close to nude so for her it was fine. We are going back to St Barths this summer as well and our villa this year has a pool to lounge around during the day (nude) if we wish. I can't wait for June!!

are saline and governour (sp) nude beaches? Guys are nude?
------
and since tower isle is close to shore, you'd think couples would have purchased a bigger boat so that in "rough weather" you could still get out to it. How far is it a city block or two?

- n resort - how nice are the rooms- ? any travelers pictures anywhere

Edited by sailn (09/22/12 09:59 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 6568

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline