Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Without Braco, where are you going now?
      #1368017 - 01/01/12 08:46 PM (69.208.70.8)

If you were a regular/repeater at Braco and frequented the A/N side, where are you going now? Have you picked a new resort with A/N facilities-which one? Do you go to a resort without A/N facilities? Do you go to a domestic nudist facility more often instead? We had only been to Braco one time and have considered Couples San Souci, but haven't made it there yet.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sailn
Traveler

Loc: South East US, Carolinas coast
Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1368035 - 01/01/12 10:49 PM (174.56.143.41)

we went to Hidden Beach, and then to Caliente CAribe in the DR - all about 5 years ago. Both are very good.
Both nice, Hidden beach hotel services were great.
Have also day visited club O twice.

Edited by sailn (01/01/12 10:50 PM)

Reggae_RobModerator

Loc: West Virginia
Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: sailn]
      #1368050 - 01/02/12 06:33 AM (74.46.240.3)

Went to N-Resort. Fiacilities not as nice, but food even better. Service was better as well. I have found that each nudist resort is different. I've seen reviews by people who hated Braco so everyone's milage may vary. Do your research before you buy. Also, don't forget your local nudist resorts. Your paradise may be next door!

--------------------
Irie,
Reggae Rob

Unregistered

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: Reggae_Rob]
      #1368075 - 01/02/12 09:15 AM (174.56.143.41)

we really liked Braco, but it had strange warts- the two I really remember were
-water sports/snorkel trip from beach - meet on beach, every time a customer appeared for the 10 am trip, there were no snorkel fins so the attendants had to go somewhere else to get a more fins. then 40 minutes later you walk to the boat and fuel gage is on empty, so go look for a gas drum and roll it across the sand to fuel the boat

- driving from the airport to Braco the bus driver drove slowly mostly in first gear , and 1/2 of bus off the side of the road. for 10 miles. then pulled off and stopped. after 10 min someone finally asked why the h3ll are we sitting here? he was waiting to pick up a buddy to take to Braco. same at Hedo driver disappeared for 15 minutes, woman on our bus finally went looking for him and yelled at him "lets go!!"

I do not fly jamaican air for related reasons, how would jamaican air stop it?

Towerislenative
Traveler

#1368084 - 01/02/12 09:58 AM (64.136.164.35)

Couples resorts has obviously picked up Braco regulars.
We started visiting Couples resorts after a few not so great visits to Braco...and that was about 10 years ago.
Better value and Couples has always had better service, but you just could not beat Braco's nude facilities. It was a great set up.

We are trying N resort next month. It will be a big change for us. I must admit I'm partial to fancy resorts, but N resort can't improve without business. We all complain about the lack of nude resorts, so, here it is people.
Put your money wher your mouth is.

sailn
Traveler

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: Towerislenative]
      #1368106 - 01/02/12 11:10 AM (174.56.143.41)

which of the couples nude facilities in jamaica did you like best

AZCowboy
Traveler

Loc: Atlanta, GA
      #1368119 - 01/02/12 11:38 AM (24.98.92.218)

Quote:

Towerislenative said:
... We all complain about the lack of nude resorts, so, here it is people.
Put your money wher your mouth is.

For this reason, and due to the poor economy in general (not our own, which is doing just fine), since the crash in 2009, we have elected to spend our time and dollars at US based resorts.

We were never fans of Jamaica, nor all inclusives generally, but we have given up our beloved St. Martin, for now.

Of course, if you are looking to travel in the next two months, your US based options are quite limited. For March through October, you have many more choices. In the last few years, we have checked out the Palm Springs area (Desert Sun, Terra Cotta Inn, and Sea Mountain Inn), Tampa's Caliente, and Tucson's Mira Vista Resort. Our list of interests include White Tail, Avalon, and Laguna Del Sol.

We have found that these are generally a better value for the dollar, and more fun - not to mention that they don't involve international air travel either.

We now spend most of our time and money at our local resort, Paradise Valley, which I highly recommend as a nudist resort destination. It has excellent club facilities, stellar accommodations (in the condos), and is relatively inexpensive, not to mention, alot more fun than most IMHO.

If you must have a beach, consider Haulover or Gunnison's.

Disclaimer: Sea Mountain Inn is not so much a nudist resort as a "lifestyle" resort.

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: AZCowboy]
      #1368226 - 01/02/12 07:44 PM (69.250.111.143)

We think you might consider Avalon Resort near Paw Paw WV, about an hour and a half drive west of IAD. Good, diverse facilities, an actual restaurant, two pools, one indoors and heated, two bars, lodge rooms, condos and camping, and the friendliest people of ANY nudist resort. (In the good sense).

--------------------
Bill

Towerislenative
Traveler

#1368319 - 01/03/12 09:00 AM (64.136.164.35)

Quote:

sailn said:
which of the couples nude facilities in jamaica did you like best

I'm not sure if I like any one better than the other. They all have their pros and cons. Tower Isle has the private nude island, but rough sea conditions can stop the water taxi service closing down the island, San Souci has the private nude beach, but you need water shoes to safely enter the water and a river empties right next to it leaving the water murky and cold, Negril has the most beautiful beach, but the nude area is not so private and location is on the main beach with textilers.

The food is excellent at all the resorts and they have top shelf alcohol. You can't make a bad choice in that aspect.

The only one resort I would caution a person to book would be San Souci, but that's only if you have any problems or limitations navigating steps. The resort is built on very hilly terrain.

Couples Tower Isle is the cheapest in price, San Souci is in the middle and Negril the most expensive.

PS: Couples Swept Away is the only resort without an aunatural area.

Cathyg
Traveler

Loc: Missouri
      #1368327 - 01/03/12 09:24 AM (130.76.96.153)

We were Braco regulars. I think we had been there 12 times or more. We tried Grand Negril and overall it was pretty disappointing. The nude facilites really lack. I think we would have been ok with the tiny pool if the A/N beach would have been decent which it was not. We also go to Club Orient every April and have considered going there more often. Braco had it's problems, but we sure miss it.

Steve

Towerislenative
Traveler

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: AZCowboy]
      #1368330 - 01/03/12 09:37 AM (64.136.164.35)

Quote:

We were never fans of Jamaica, nor all inclusives generally, but we have given up our beloved St. Martin, for now.

Yep, understood. I hear a lot of that. Most people that don't like Jamaica have experienced it on a cruise ship visit or stayed at a bad resort.

I'm not so much a fan of Jamaica as I am their ADULTS ONLY private resorts. I don't want kids running around and I don't want to be hassled by locals selling their wares.
The resorts eliminate both of these irritations and they make it very easy to relax. Unfortunately, you can't find that 'Adult Disney World' experience in the states.

I really want to check out St. Martin, but have found the cost and travel from my location to be an inconvenience.

Quote:

if you must have a beach, consider Haulover or Gunnison's

I don't like Haulover and have found Miami to be just as expensive as any Caribbean island vacation, but to each his own.

Towerislenative
Traveler

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: Cathyg]
      #1368350 - 01/03/12 09:58 AM (64.136.164.35)

Quote:

Cathyg said:
We were Braco regulars. I think we had been there 12 times or more. We tried Grand Negril and overall it was pretty disappointing. The nude facilites really lack. I think we would have been ok with the tiny pool if the A/N beach would have been decent which it was not. We also go to Club Orient every April and have considered going there more often. Braco had it's problems, but we sure miss it.

Steve

Steve, I read your post on your visit to Negril. That's a shame. I remember when Grand Lido Negril was ranked as one of the best resorts in the Caribbean. It took a step down when it was rebadged to a Breezes resort. Super Clubs seems to be suffering from financial difficulty.

It would have been nice if Couples resorts had taken over Braco just as they did Grand Lido San Souci, but it did not happen.

John
Traveler

Loc: Welland, Ontario, Canada
Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: Bill_S]
      #1368412 - 01/03/12 12:49 PM (173.238.16.108)

I second that motion Bill...let us not forget the Nudesino!

John

--------------------
May you always have sand in your shoes...and a dollar in your pocket!

Unregistered

#1368458 - 01/03/12 02:57 PM (186.3.45.146)

We've been to Desire Cancun 8 times now, Hedo a couple of times and we're so glad that Original Resorts has re-branded Temptations Cabo back to a Desire - that is next on our list. Also the new Desire Pearl sounds Amazing :)

leep75
Traveler

Loc: Indiana
      #1383093 - 02/13/12 03:02 PM (165.138.200.253)

We visited Braco every June from 2006-2009 and now that it's closed we have since ventured out to non AI vacations. In 2010 we stayed for 5 nights in St Martin (Club Fantastico) and enjoyed there clothing optional facilities as well as Orient Beach. In 2010 we stayed for 7 nights at a private villa in St Barths, which was far and away the best vacation we've ever experienced. We could be nude at our villa as we wanted, we had a hot tub for evening soaks and during the day we would visit one or two beaches. The downside during the day we could only go nude on two of the beaches (Saline and Governour) but I can live with that. My wife would go topless and where a tiny g-string so she was pretty close to nude so for her it was fine. We are going back to St Barths this summer as well and our villa this year has a pool to lounge around during the day (nude) if we wish. I can't wait for June!!

--------------------

Towerislenative
Traveler

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: leep75]
      #1383426 - 02/14/12 11:22 AM (69.72.61.195)

We just returned from 'N' resort. You can roam the whole place naked and also stroll the beach for miles.
Wow! does this place have potential. It should be on everyone's radar... It won't make it without our help.

Unregistered

#1383474 - 02/14/12 01:55 PM (205.164.56.148)

We loved Grand Lido Braco and tried to go at least once per year. Since it closed, we have found the closest thing to it to be Desert Sun Resort in Palm Springs. Not having to go through customs is an added bonus. The Desire and Hedos are just not we are looking for in a vacation. We like to meet nice people without any expectations. Desert Sun seems to provide a nice balance for a clothing optional resort. Our next trip is booked for May. Can't Wait.

timmansxm
Traveler

Loc: Eastern Long Island NY
      #1385610 - 02/20/12 06:39 PM (24.189.228.254)

We're looking into the "N" resort probably next yr 2013. Braco was and must have been awesome in it's day. We only caught the tail end of Braco to Breezes which I mentioned on another forum was the beginning to the end. We still love St. Martin and Club O and have been regulars there for years. We still have Lighthouse Beach on Fire Island in the summer. That place is the ultimate and makes Long Island rock. We are winning over more and more naturist every summer at home. Met a couple from PA & NH past yr.

Unregistered

#1399949 - 04/01/12 03:49 PM (68.194.74.129)

We met a number of Braco refugees on a recent trip to Couples San Souci.

We enjoyed CSS and Sunset Beach and are looking forward to going back.

We have also been to N and generally agree with the trip reports about N - rustic rooms, ok food, good service.

The hard-core naturist is probably a bit more at home at N, since that are catering to that demographic and nudity is ok everywhere but the resturants. Couples offers AN, but it is not the focal point of the resort and nudity is only ok at the designated beach areas.

Depending upon your price point (CSS is nicer and costs significantly more), both can be a good option for a nude beach/pool vacation.

sailn
Traveler

Re: Without Braco, where are you going now? [Re: leep75]
      #1442388 - 09/22/12 09:57 AM (68.59.22.231)

Quote:

leep75 said:
We visited Braco every June from 2006-2009 and now that it's closed we have since ventured out to non AI vacations. In 2010 we stayed for 5 nights in St Martin (Club Fantastico) and enjoyed there clothing optional facilities as well as Orient Beach. In 2010 we stayed for 7 nights at a private villa in St Barths, which was far and away the best vacation we've ever experienced. We could be nude at our villa as we wanted, we had a hot tub for evening soaks and during the day we would visit one or two beaches. The downside during the day we could only go nude on two of the beaches (Saline and Governour) but I can live with that. My wife would go topless and where a tiny g-string so she was pretty close to nude so for her it was fine. We are going back to St Barths this summer as well and our villa this year has a pool to lounge around during the day (nude) if we wish. I can't wait for June!!

are saline and governour (sp) nude beaches? Guys are nude?
------
and since tower isle is close to shore, you'd think couples would have purchased a bigger boat so that in "rough weather" you could still get out to it. How far is it a city block or two?

- n resort - how nice are the rooms- ? any travelers pictures anywhere

Edited by sailn (09/22/12 09:59 AM)

Halfwindy
Traveler

Loc: Milwaukee, Wi.
      #1442411 - 09/22/12 12:11 PM (66.97.126.20)

"- n resort - how nice are the rooms- ? any travelers pictures anywhere"

Rooms are rustic, remind me of a north woods cottage. Very clean.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-...sh_Jamaica.html

Unregistered

#1444941 - 10/05/12 01:01 PM (64.12.116.77)

Regarding Nudity at N resort..Nudity is allowed anywhere in the resort..Piano bar, gym, Restaurant. Juat there in August and verified the above.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 6528

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline