Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
FreshAir
Traveler

Loc: Middle America
Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report
      #1386830 - 02/24/12 10:44 AM (69.63.120.81)

We have just returned from a two week stay at Casa Banda. The clothing optional web site is here http://www.cocr.info/ We saw the add in the AANR Bulletin and found it to be everything as advertised, even better. The owners have rented the units since 2004 as a traditional textile facility using this site http://www.casa-banda.com/. As you can see by the reviews on their web sites or even if you look up Casa Banda on VRBO and FlipKey, people who stay here absolutely love it. What they did, was block out an initial 6 weeks beginning Feb 10 for C/O, and on the Casa Banda (textile) site, it will show fully booked while the cocr.info site will show the true availability for C/O. The C/O dates will be expanded as the interest and traffic grows. The owners, Bibi and Arne, are the perfect hosts. They go out of their way to make sure everything is to your liking and have great knowledge of where to go or what to do in the area. We found it simply too relaxing to go too far and stayed home and enjoyed the pool most days.

Arne retired a few weeks ago and he and Bibi are moving to Costa Rica full time. They are nudists themselves, which is why they are transitioning the facility into clothing optional. They have made a huge investment in creating a great place to stay with spacious and comfortable rooms and lush gardens for the comfort of their guests. If you contact them via the web site, they can provide the dates when the facility will be C/O and/or notify you via email when a block of dates will be available.

We took the 10am flight out of Dallas and landed in Liberia at 1:50pm. We paid $100 for the 2/12 hour drive to the door of Casa Banda. We could have rented a car at the airport and driven there but opted to rent the car in Nosara. It was a good decision for our first trip and may even do it that way again.

The town of Nosara is fairly remote, away from the hi-rise hotels and tourist activity, although there are touristy things to do such as zip lines, horse back riding, boat tours and other activities, including some of the best surfing in Costa Rica. There are about 18 miles of gravel, dusty, bumpy roads to get there, but in the end, we viewed that as a major plus in that it kept the majority of tourists away and really helped to create the laid back, this is the real Costa Rica, atmosphere.

We cooked many of our meals in our apartment (there are full kitchens) but there are nice restaurants nearby, including Lagarta Lodge, http://www.lagarta.com/ with great sunset views, about a 5 minute walk away. One of our favorites was La Luna, right on the beach with great food and a great atmosphere and great sunset views. I couldn’t find a web site for La Luna, but here is their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LA-LUNA/187210908478 You can also catch the sunset from the facility without having to put your clothes on. The closest beach is a short 10 minute walk away, although we did rent a car, which gave us the flexibility to explore several of the other nearby beaches. The beaches are really beautiful, some white sand and others black volcanic. Wildlife abounds; you’re in the jungle.

All in all, this was a really great trip, a great place to relax and enjoy the weather and we’ll definitely be back.

I kind of hate to share great secrets like this, for fear that it will be booked when we want to go back. They only have 6 apartments and Arne and Bibi are now living in one of them. (My wife still blames me for the popularity of Happy Bay on St Maarten because I wrote a post about it many years ago after we had the entire beach to ourselves for over 4 hours. More people are there each year when we returned, and of course, it was all my fault for telling the world about it ) I’m sharing this, because Arne and Bibi are such neat people, and I really want them to succeed. Also because we will return, and when we do, I’d rather stay there naked than clothed. Plus, it’s in the spirit of this board that we will share new C/O opportunities as we find them…so here you go.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NakedSailors
Traveler

Loc: Southern Calif.
Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: FreshAir]
      #1386843 - 02/24/12 11:09 AM (75.4.248.178)

Very nice trip report FreshAir. Thanks!

We're always looking for new CO or nudist places to vacation and this sounds like one we'll look into more.

We've been to Costa Rica a couple of times so we're familiar with the social norms in the country, but given the remoteness of Casa Banda we're wondering if you were able to go nude on any of the beaches you mentioned near the resort.

FreshAir
Traveler

Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: NakedSailors]
      #1386860 - 02/24/12 11:37 AM (69.63.120.81)

We did on Playa Nosara. It required a walk across the mouth or the Nosara river at low tide, which is the only way to get to the beach, which must be two miles or so long. After crossing the river in the morning and getting down the beach a ways, we walked it nude in the morning. Other guests staying at the same time did so as well during the day. We took a drive up north on the bumpy, gravel roads that runs parallel to the coast and because the beaches are so long and only relatively few access points, there appeared to be several areas where one could do so, although we did not. Our mission that day was mainly exploration.

suntwo
Traveler

Loc: Florida
      #1386865 - 02/24/12 11:41 AM (72.148.177.145)

Nice find. When I looked the non-CO calendar on the link provided, it showed sold out for the entire time. In reference to the rates they charge, are they by the unit or per person? Thanks for any info.

--------------------
Manawa iki ola pau'ole

FreshAir
Traveler

Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: suntwo]
      #1386878 - 02/24/12 11:56 AM (69.63.120.81)

That's how they are implementing the transition; showing sold out on the textile sites. Those same dates will show availability on the nude site. I think the easiest way to know would be to inquire and get on their email list to be notified when C/O dates are coming available until they build their C/O business and the transition is complete.

FreshAir
Traveler

#1386892 - 02/24/12 12:26 PM (69.63.120.81)

If you're looking at the unit "Banda" that's where the owners are now living and will always be blocked out. Each unit has its own availability calendar. We stayed in Tabidi and loved it, although the others are even nicer. We stayed in Carino the first night until Tabidi was available the next day. While it was nice, it was the smallest.

FreshAir
Traveler

#1386993 - 02/24/12 04:20 PM (69.63.120.81)

My apologies suntwo, I overlooked your question about rates. The rates we paid were for the unit. The owners are occupying a two bedroom unit and there is one other 2 bedroom for rent. I'm assuming that rate is for the unit as well, but an email to the owner will confirm. I did suggest the owners create a user ID to post as well, but I know the moderators tend to frown on self promotion, although it may be helpful for all if they answered such a question directly for all to see.

COCR
Traveler

Loc: Costa Rica
Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: FreshAir]
      #1387218 - 02/25/12 02:48 PM (201.237.60.146)

Thank you, FreshAir, for your report. We loved having you with us and are soo looking forward to your return visit.

COCR
Traveler

#1387220 - 02/25/12 02:56 PM (201.237.60.146)

Outside the prime of high season (Christmas - end of February), even the closest beach, Playa Pelada, which is a 12 - 15 minute walk away from Casa Banda, is often so deserted that you can sit or lay down in the nude, as long as you have something nearby to cover up with, should somebody come walking. Walking the beach would probably be to push your luck.

COCR
Traveler

#1387224 - 02/25/12 03:12 PM (201.237.60.146)

FreshAir got it right about the calendars on our two web sites. They exclude each other.
After we have moved to Nosara full time and can take care of our guests ourselves, we will leave both calendars open for most of the year, and let demand decide whether we are nude or not.
All rates are per apartment and are based on self-catering.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 19158

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline