Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
COCR
Traveler

Loc: Costa Rica
Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1466109 - 01/01/13 11:12 PM (201.237.60.146)

You would be so very welcome!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: COCR]
      #1466198 - 01/02/13 01:20 PM (71.101.41.196)

I do not see any reference on the website to internet being available there. If not, that would be a total deal breaker for us. We have to have access to internet. Anyone know?

FreshAir
Traveler

Loc: Middle America
      #1466234 - 01/02/13 02:20 PM (75.238.249.139)

Internet is available and we had very good Wifi connection all over...room, deck outside the room, and all around the pool area's. There are no TV's but we connected to our DVR at home through their WiFi. We're not really big TV people but it was nice to lay in bed at night and watch our local news at home and hear about the cold weather they were having.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: FreshAir]
      #1466257 - 01/02/13 03:09 PM (71.101.41.196)

Thanks for the info on the wifi. Surprised there are no TVs, but whatever. You said you cooked in most of your meals? How hard was it to obtain groceries?

FreshAir
Traveler

#1466276 - 01/02/13 04:31 PM (75.235.74.222)

Obtaining groceries is not hard at all. There is a grocery store in the town of Nosara only a few miles away. There is also a small store nearby that carries some organic and gluten free products. Plus there is a farmers type market occasionally which we always missed.

We arranged to be picked up at the airport and had a rental car delivered to us which made getting groceries no problem. While it's nice to have a car to better explore the area, it's not a requirement to stock your unit with provisions. Whenever Arni or Bibi go to town for provisions, they always ask if they can pick anything up of if you'd like to ride along. You'll get to know the other guests and most will offer as well. In addition we were given a menu to order meat (steaks, ribs, chops, sausages etc) to be delivered and someone is always going to the fish market and typically asks for orders as well. You'll be in email contact with your hosts when you book a unit and can even arrange to have some basic provisions when you arrive.

Maybe it was the incredible friendly group in the other units we were with. I will admit this was our only concern going in, but it turned out to be a major plus. Everyone got along so well we decided to all try for the same timeframe this year. Unfortunately it didn't work out that we could go this year.

The other thing I've learned is that this is how nudists are. They are the the friendliest, most considerate people I've meet. Combine that with the way your hosts go out of their way to make sure everyone's needs are being met really makes for a nice situation.

I know that's a long answer to a short question Carol, so the short answer is obtaining food provisions is not a problem, with or without a car.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

#1466278 - 01/02/13 04:39 PM (71.101.41.196)

Thanks for the info.

psp
Traveler

#1466315 - 01/02/13 06:29 PM (75.85.217.32)

Sounds like a nice place. Always looking for different C/0 venues to visit plus have several hundred thousand miles on AA and should probably use them soon based on some of the reports. Anyway a few questions:

Is english spoken in the towns or does one need to brush up on their spanish.

Is it difficult to find the hotel from the a/p?

Are most of the guests nude 24/7 or is mainly confined to the pool area? (We were recently at a Naturist resort and a majority of the people covered up when leaving the pool area. Thought that a little strange for a nudist resort)

Thanks for your help and your trip report

FreshAir
Traveler

Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: psp]
      #1466439 - 01/03/13 08:29 AM (174.74.112.169)

There is some english spoken, however it's always good to brush up on the spanish. I know no spanish and we got along just fine.

For our first (and so far only) visit, we opted to pay the $100 to be picked up at the airport. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive, the last 18 miles really bumpy dusty roads. I think we'd rent a car at the airport next time and explore for a couple of days prior to arriving at Casa Banda.

It's not a hotel really. It's two buildings, each with three apartments on beautifully landscaped grounds with a pool. The owners live in one 5 are rentals of different sizes as described on their web site.

With our group, most were nude in their apartment, on their patio/deck area and at the pool and walking to and from the pool. The exceptions were a couple of the upper floor apartments have steps elevated above the privacy wall so they covered to and from the pool. We were nude 24/7 as were many others. We arranged a pot luck barbecue one night with all of the guests at the pool house area and I think 3 of the males were nude, the other 2 had wraps and the ladies had coverups of some sort. It was all good..no one was uncomfortable either way. I would guess the question really depends on the other guests your staying with.

COCR
Traveler

Loc: Costa Rica
      #1467280 - 01/06/13 10:10 AM (201.237.60.146)

Regarding TV's:
We can not get a signal with just a regular antenna, and if we could, it would be local Costa Rican programming in Spanish.
DirectTV and SkyTV are offered, but the feed comes from Mexico, so it is still mostly - and dubbed - in Spanish.

We will explore all options, now that we live in Nosara all the time and are interested as well in being able to connect to the outside world, but we are barely unpacked yet.

If we realize that it is a common desire of our guests to be able to pop in a DVD and watch a movie, we will definitely consider having a TV and DVD-player which can be used by guests wanting to do just that.
Unfortunately, the climate is very tough on all electronics and it would be too costly to keep all apartments equipped with working TV's all the time.
The telephones last barely a year.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: COCR]
      #1467301 - 01/06/13 11:11 AM (72.60.233.207)

Yes, I understand now that I'm thinking about it, what an expense that would be to keep working TVs since you don't have a/c. Electronics don't deal particularly well with heat and humidity all the time.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 19510

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline