Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Soontobenude
Traveler

Loc: Sunny Florida
Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1467354 - 01/06/13 02:22 PM (75.202.55.123)

Curious what a rental car costs, And is there nude beach there at the hotel? whats the weather in August? Hot and Steamy?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: Soontobenude]
      #1467361 - 01/06/13 02:39 PM (72.60.233.207)

Read the other comments in this thread, with regard to beaches, as there is none AT the hotel. Weather in August, I think would be rainy season.

COCR
Traveler

Loc: Costa Rica
Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: Soontobenude]
      #1467450 - 01/06/13 08:00 PM (201.237.60.146)

Car rental rates wary greatly, depending on season, length of rental, and type of car. All the generally known companies are represented and there are local companies too. You can get an idea of the cost if you make a search for "Costa Rica car rental" and put in your specific dates etc. Nearest airport is Liberia (LIR). Most of the year, and definitely in August, you will want to have 4x4 and not the smallest vehicle.

August is in the middle of the rainy season, but it is not the worst month at all. August 2012 was sunny and way too dry. In an average August - not that the weather has been very average the last few years - mornings are very sunny. By lunch time, the clouds start to form and a couple of hours later, it starts to rain for 2 - 3 hours. Often there is a break until mid-evening when it starts to rain again. Most days, it is raining when we go to bed and sunny when we wake up.
The hottest months are April and May with temps in middle to upper 90's. When the rain starts in middle of May, it starts to cool down a good bit, but is still muggy, and it gets cooler until October which we consider cold - all the way down to mid-70's!

Our place is not beach front, but we have a great view of the ocean. It takes us 12-15 minutes to walk down to the beach, about 20 to come back up the hill.
No beaches in Costa Rica are officially "nude" (public nudity is not allowed), but, as FreshAir reported in the first post, I believe, there are beaches that are deserted enough to allow for a stroll in the buff. Depending on how much it has rained, crossing the river to the beach mentioned might not be possible.

COCR
Traveler

Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: COCR]
      #1478137 - 02/08/13 03:49 PM (201.237.60.146)

Breaking news :

Based on many requests, and the "conversion" of one of our returning (five times so far) former textile couples, we are happy to announce that we will start the "nude season" a month earlier next year, on January 5, 2014.

Rates will be up soon on the web site.

COCR
Traveler

#1515361 - 06/15/13 03:22 PM (201.237.60.146)

Even better news:
December is now also open for our favorite kind of people, those who think life is best enjoyed au natural.
Reservations made before August 1, 2013 will get a discount of 10% off regular advertised rates.

Unregistered

#1515362 - 06/15/13 03:24 PM (107.9.16.124)

Good for Casa Banda.........wouldn't it be great if a lot of places could have a nude season?

Unregistered

Re: Casa Banda, Costa Rica Trip Report [Re: Anonymous]
      #1515592 - 06/16/13 06:22 PM (201.237.60.146)

YES, we are happy to report that except for 1 - 2 weeks here and there which are booked by "textiles", our Nude Season now lasts all year.

COCR
Traveler

#1515594 - 06/16/13 06:25 PM (201.237.60.146)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
YES, we are happy to report that except for 1 - 2 weeks here and there which are booked by "textiles", our Nude Season now lasts all year.

Oops, forgot to log in first for the comment above.

Unregistered

#1516264 - 06/18/13 09:58 PM (208.163.134.134)

Any plans for a/c? We are from Florida and are used to living with a/c throughout the summer months (what sounds to be the equivalent of Costa Rican weather).

COCR
Traveler

#1516372 - 06/19/13 10:59 AM (201.237.60.146)

We are considering how we can best instal A/C units in some of the apartments. Biggest issue is that doors and windows were not constructed to keep cool air in, and any cooling appliance would be working very hard to cool down the outside as well.
We have A/C (planned from the beginning) in our own condo, but we only use it during the worst of the rainy season to keep humidity down in order to conserve electronics, books etc.
Some of our guests wonder, just like you do, how they will tolerate the climate without A/C, especially our many Canadian guests. We are located on top of a ridge which offers plenty of breezes and MOST guests are pleasantly surprised to find that open windows, doors and plenty of ceiling fans are sufficient for a comfortable stay.
In the dry season, when most people come to stay at Casa Banda, everybody are outside as much as possible, with the covered porches being part of the living area.
We hear more often that folks are happy and comfortable than people wishing for A/C.
The issue has not been "shelved", the best solutions just hasn't been found yet. So, yes, we are considering installing A/C, but we don't know when it could happen.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 19183

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline