Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: cvgtpa1649]
      #1429432 - 07/17/12 05:20 AM (77.102.166.100)

HI, The resort is very large, (ive seen reports of numbers up to 20,000 there in high season), The accomodation mainly consists of the camp-site, two 4 floor accomodation block, villas, hotels and assorted smaller accomodation blocks. The swinger activity is restricted to the 'swingers section' on the beach (which is probably only about 100m of the 2Km beach), the clubs and the couple of the couples-only hotes (Le Jardin de Eden and Jardins de babylon). You will experience erotic dress during the evening, but no overt sexual activity. If you want to even get away from that then stick to the camp-site, this is strictly famly friendly (the camp site also has accomodation to rent). Some poster have mentioned single male issues, but in my experience these are limited to the swingers section of the beach and occasionally you will see some outside the entrance of the clubs, I can only assume that they are looking for an invite!!.
You will not have any problem avoiding lifestylers.
Go and have fun!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Wcstflyer
Traveler

Loc: California/Florida
Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: Anonymous]
      #1429504 - 07/17/12 10:56 AM (72.242.111.132)

A very thorough review. I have been visiting The Cap for roughly twenty years and over that time it has become a little less family oriented and more a libertine/swinger attraction during the peak summer months. However this should not be a deterrent for traditional nudists as the place is so large each person can find their niche without impeding on another person's lifestyle.

I am most curious about the Oz'Inn Hotel: http://www.oz-inn-hotel.com

This property was still under construction during our last visit. If one reads the reviews, the establishment either has suffered a hospitality learning curve problem during the initial opening phase, or perhaps there is the well-documented French to U.S. and U.K. culture clash taking place. If it is the former than somebody with a reputation in hotel and hospitality must take the reigns because the Oz'Inn looks beautiful on their website.

If Cap d'Agde needs an addition it's higher end accommodations and dining. Women in particular crave air conditioning, something lacking in aging Heliopolis and Port Nature during hot summer nights. Add to that another complaint occasionally voiced from some foodies who might crave cuisine a few notches up from Le Calypso, L'Horizon or the comical Mexican restaurant at the entrance to Port Nature that makes Southern California's humble El Torito look as it it were a creation of Wolfgang Puck.

I'd enjoy any more Cap d'Agde reviews prior to our early August arrival.

ukfred2

Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: Wcstflyer]
      #1429537 - 07/17/12 12:28 PM (77.102.166.100)

Hi, Oz Inn was open last year when I went, and the reviews from the guests that I spoke to at that time were positive, the main critism being the price. I have not read any online reviews to comment. Regarding the A/C issue, many of the older apartments have now been upgraded, certainly the agent that I use (Ann and David James) has many properties that now have A/C. I also believe that Naturaeva Spa is airconditioned.
I do agree with the trend towards a more adult oriented environment, although the camp site does keep to the more traditonal naturist ethos. Certainly the late evening entertainment is particularly geared towards the erotic / sexual crowd.
When are you arriving? I am there 25th July to 5th August, could maybe meet up for a beer if you are there during those dates.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 8640

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline