Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
timmycs
Traveler

Loc: Long Island, NY
Cap D'Agde
      #1406760 - 04/24/12 05:50 AM (173.77.166.60)

Surprised I can't find any topics on Cap D'Agde in France. Looking for reviews and hotel recommendations, possibly Hotel Eve. How are the temperatures in September?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Halfwindy
Traveler

Loc: Milwaukee, Wi.
Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: timmycs]
      #1406894 - 04/24/12 01:05 PM (67.208.48.51)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=Cap+...returnTo=__2F__

AZCowboy
Traveler

Loc: Atlanta, GA
      #1406905 - 04/24/12 01:32 PM (24.98.92.218)

And here is a TTOL thread from late last year:

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=nude&Number=1343302

AnnTS
Traveler

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: AZCowboy]
      #1408128 - 04/28/12 04:31 PM (71.99.77.150)

I stayed at Hotel Eve a few years ago and loved it. Small rooms and bath, but easy access to the pool, wonderful staff, walking distance to everything, but I did May instead of September and it was right before the summer crowd arrived so it was very laid back. Early Sept. should be OK but once the summer guests leave, things slow way down.

--------------------
"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere!" and "Hedo for me-no problem mon!" :-)

cvgtpa1649

#1428722 - 07/13/12 02:23 PM (65.29.215.243)

Planning a visit in July 2013. Would like to have some recommendations regarding housing. We want to be in the Nudist section and not anywhere near the "lifestylers"

Unregistered

#1428726 - 07/13/12 02:38 PM (50.58.80.234)

Stage 13 of the Tour De France ends there tommorrow Saturday the 14th. You can catch the race live and recorded on NBC network. There are always huge crowds at the race, so it will be interesting to see if there is a "dress code"

Unregistered

Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: Anonymous]
      #1428779 - 07/13/12 07:12 PM (66.74.49.172)

Based on some of the reports I have read on this board and others, getting away from the lifestylers may be very difficult. You also have to try and avoid the single male pervs on the beach and in town who harrass, expose themselves etc. to the women even though they are with their boyfriend/husband. Like I said have not been there just read the reports of those who have. Based on those reports I am personally not interested in visiting there.

Unregistered

#1429245 - 07/16/12 11:16 AM (77.102.166.100)

Hi, I am a regular visitor to Cap D'Agde 'quartier naturiste'. As I am in the UK it is an easy trip for me. I travel as a single male, but have met up with many nice people, both singles and couples who are now regular friends.

The accomodation size and quality can vary a lot. There are simple one-room studios at one end and nice 1, 2 or 3 bed villas. There are also the hotels, Hotel Eve (www.hoteleve.com), Oz Inn Hotel (www.oz-inn-hotel.com) and Natureva Spa (www.natureva-spa.com). There are also two Couples Only Hotels - Le Jardin D'Eden and Jardin de Babylon. Both of these have a bit of a reputation as swingers venues.

There are a few reputable agencies to use to book accomdation, - AGN (www.genevievenaturisme.com), Ann and David James (www.capdagde.co.uk) and Peng France (www.pengfrance.com). I've personally used Ann and David for all my bookings and found them to be very helpful and accomodating.

There is also the option of camping. The cam site accomdates trailers, tents, small motor homes. It also has onsite accomodation for rental also. (www.chm-reneoltra.fr)

There is a good up to date website owned by a UK regular - http://www.capdagdefrance.co.uk/ and this gives a lot of good background informaiton about the resort. This site also gives much more detail of the various accomodation options.

The resort is entirly nude, although most people do get dressed up for the evening (some do stay naked) the evening wear can be very erotic and revealing. The camp site is is more naked in the evenings as this is more oriented towards the families that visit.

The age range covers the full spectrum, from families with very small babies, right up to people in ther 80's or older.

The long beach is soft sand, and nude (not clothing optional - you will get berated by the other users if you set up and do not strip off, even walking down the beach clothed may get you heckled) The beach is unnoficially 'zoned'. The majority of the beach, from the resort up to the last first aid post is strictly family freiendly, and you will encounter singles, couples and families in this tretch. There is no sexual activity at all on this part of the beach.
Beyond the first-aid post things get more sexual. The next zone is mostly couples with singles intermixed. Many of the couples here will openly engage in sexual acts during the afternoon, and can get an audience (mostly nomadic single males), and some will encourage others to join in. Further down the beach you will then encounter a predomiatly gay section, again there can be some sexual activity here later in the afternoon.
If you are looking to avoid the sexual activity stick to the family section, also, any singles within this section are there to enjoy the naturism and are well behaved.

The restaurants cater for all tastes (and there are over 25 of them) and the food quality is generally good. Most waiters and waitresses understand english, but if you can try to converse in some french it is appreciated.
The nightlife consists of many bars and several clubs. Again, the bars cater for a wide range of tastes, from typical french style stree-cafes, an english pub (Johnny Wokkers), to the more erotic Melrose where the customers are often found pole-dancing!) Many of the bars have live music in the evenings.
The clubs are more geared to erotic / sexual environment, some are out-and-out swingers establishments, some more exhibitionist / voyeristic, others just erotic.

I would recommend that every naturist should at least visit once to experience the very unique and liberating atmosphere that this resort provides. It is not to all tastes, but I would say that it is easy to find parts of the resort that do meet most peoples needs and requirements.

I am happy to answer any questions that readers of this forum have.

I am off there in 10 days for my annual dose of the 'Cap' and cant wait.

DenitaLC
Traveler

Loc: WA State
      #1429401 - 07/16/12 08:59 PM (174.253.210.18)

That was an excellent review, thank you for taking the time to share!

Unregistered

Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: DenitaLC]
      #1429431 - 07/17/12 05:05 AM (77.102.166.100)

Sorry about the spelling / typing in my report, I forgot to spell check before I hit send!!

Unregistered

Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: cvgtpa1649]
      #1429432 - 07/17/12 05:20 AM (77.102.166.100)

HI, The resort is very large, (ive seen reports of numbers up to 20,000 there in high season), The accomodation mainly consists of the camp-site, two 4 floor accomodation block, villas, hotels and assorted smaller accomodation blocks. The swinger activity is restricted to the 'swingers section' on the beach (which is probably only about 100m of the 2Km beach), the clubs and the couple of the couples-only hotes (Le Jardin de Eden and Jardins de babylon). You will experience erotic dress during the evening, but no overt sexual activity. If you want to even get away from that then stick to the camp-site, this is strictly famly friendly (the camp site also has accomodation to rent). Some poster have mentioned single male issues, but in my experience these are limited to the swingers section of the beach and occasionally you will see some outside the entrance of the clubs, I can only assume that they are looking for an invite!!.
You will not have any problem avoiding lifestylers.
Go and have fun!

Wcstflyer
Traveler

Loc: California/Florida
      #1429504 - 07/17/12 10:56 AM (72.242.111.132)

A very thorough review. I have been visiting The Cap for roughly twenty years and over that time it has become a little less family oriented and more a libertine/swinger attraction during the peak summer months. However this should not be a deterrent for traditional nudists as the place is so large each person can find their niche without impeding on another person's lifestyle.

I am most curious about the Oz'Inn Hotel: http://www.oz-inn-hotel.com

This property was still under construction during our last visit. If one reads the reviews, the establishment either has suffered a hospitality learning curve problem during the initial opening phase, or perhaps there is the well-documented French to U.S. and U.K. culture clash taking place. If it is the former than somebody with a reputation in hotel and hospitality must take the reigns because the Oz'Inn looks beautiful on their website.

If Cap d'Agde needs an addition it's higher end accommodations and dining. Women in particular crave air conditioning, something lacking in aging Heliopolis and Port Nature during hot summer nights. Add to that another complaint occasionally voiced from some foodies who might crave cuisine a few notches up from Le Calypso, L'Horizon or the comical Mexican restaurant at the entrance to Port Nature that makes Southern California's humble El Torito look as it it were a creation of Wolfgang Puck.

I'd enjoy any more Cap d'Agde reviews prior to our early August arrival.

ukfred2

Re: Cap D'Agde [Re: Wcstflyer]
      #1429537 - 07/17/12 12:28 PM (77.102.166.100)

Hi, Oz Inn was open last year when I went, and the reviews from the guests that I spoke to at that time were positive, the main critism being the price. I have not read any online reviews to comment. Regarding the A/C issue, many of the older apartments have now been upgraded, certainly the agent that I use (Ann and David James) has many properties that now have A/C. I also believe that Naturaeva Spa is airconditioned.
I do agree with the trend towards a more adult oriented environment, although the camp site does keep to the more traditonal naturist ethos. Certainly the late evening entertainment is particularly geared towards the erotic / sexual crowd.
When are you arriving? I am there 25th July to 5th August, could maybe meet up for a beer if you are there during those dates.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 8626

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline