Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Joecool
Traveler

Nude Etiquette
      #1429339 - 07/16/12 04:42 PM (68.193.126.83)

I'd like to discuss with other board members how they feel when enjoying themselves on a naturist beach, and some people just sit there wearing swimsuits while the rest of us are naked. I know there are rules of etiquette when enjoying the beach. Since Smith's Point and Lighthouse and Gunnison are designated with nude beach areas, some people feel it's perfectly fine to sit there with their swim suits on. I feel this is disrespectful to those who wish to be au natural. I know there are concerns when one partner feels uncomfortable, but the other doesn't. That's a private matter between two people. But when both do it, that's just creepy and disrespectful. After all, there are more areas for those who choose to wear swimsuits. I have encountered this type of behavior on more than one occasion. Any thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Nude Etiquette [Re: Joecool]
      #1429345 - 07/16/12 04:55 PM (71.101.41.196)

To me, I could care less, doesn't matter where I am. Club O is the perfect balance to me. If the person is actively leering at someone, crowding them, etc. that's different.

MarcG
Traveler

Loc: New Brunswick & Quebec, Canada
Re: Nude Etiquette [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1429360 - 07/16/12 05:51 PM (207.134.187.254)

I also find that Club Orient is the perfect balance.

--------------------
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Unregistered

#1429375 - 07/16/12 07:47 PM (68.194.77.6)

I do agree with you that if you go to a nude beach, you should get naked...JMO

Unfortunately, since Lighthouse and Gunnison are public beaches, there is nothing we can do about those who stay clothed there.

Unregistered

Re: Nude Etiquette [Re: Anonymous]
      #1429416 - 07/16/12 10:26 PM (68.199.219.248)

Unlike some on this board, I have little sympathy for the gawkers. I have been to many nude beaches over the years, and I find that no matter how remote or just out of the way the nude (CO) beach is, the gawkers will drive past beautiful and convenient textile beaches just to get to the nude beach, and then sit just there and stare. Lets be honest here, the only reason the gawkers go to the nude beaches is because the nudes are there. Would they really be there otherwise. At Gunnison beach a couple of years ago, storm damage forced a temporary closing of the CO section of the beach, forcing us to move over to the adjacent textile beach, and wear bathing suits. It was funny watching the usual gawkers leaving as soon as they saw the entire beach was textile for the day. Small digital cameras, and cell phone cameras have only made this situation worse, but thats another rant.
OK, those who disagree, pile on.

CarlosII
Traveler

Loc: Indiana
Re: Nude Etiquette [Re: Anonymous]
      #1429677 - 07/18/12 07:58 AM (75.207.223.223)

i always hated going to haulover and having to wade through the gawkers to get to the beach.

Reginald Guy
Unregistered

#1430302 - 07/20/12 07:03 PM (64.203.46.170)

Having been a gawker in the past, I know that many of them wish they had the courage to join the nudists. Now, I just ignore them, knowing that they're thinking "How can that guy not care that we see him naked?", and knowing that many of them will someday take the plunge and join in on the freedom and comfort of not caring.

The only thing that gets in the way now are those @$$holes with the camera phones who can upload to YouTube and other sites almost in realtime. If you have a business with clients or if you have an elective office, they put a major damper on one's naturist enjoyment.

~Reggie~

Unregistered

Re: Nude Etiquette [Re: Reginald Guy]
      #1430346 - 07/21/12 01:17 AM (107.9.2.207)

here here on the phones.......getting a mental eyeball image is one thing but photo/video is UNSAT..........there are videos on youtube taken by strollers with there phones either dangling or acting like they are just carrying em in their hand.............big invasion........even if your target is clothed i had to chase off a few at orient this year

Unregistered

Re: Nude Etiquette [Re: MarcG]
      #1430450 - 07/21/12 01:44 PM (87.114.119.14)

What do you mean- CO is "the perfect balance". CO beach is filled with nudes. The only textiles are the strolling gawkers. This is an ideal balance ?

Eric_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Nude Etiquette [Re: Reginald Guy]
      #1430455 - 07/21/12 02:24 PM (72.60.203.190)

Well actually the only "textiles" are not just stolling the beach. We have been there many more times more than once where friends that did not want to be nude where there. They were not gawkers at all. Just did not want to be nude. Simple as that.

But it is a public beach and yes the vast majority are nude -- but we also know quite a few that are not completely nude or even nude at all, so to say everybody that is NOT nude is a gawker is...... not even worth the dicussion.

If a person wants a total nude environment then that means a private resort. That is not Orient beach -- so yes you have strollers, some of which I guess you can say are gawkers, some of which are not but want to experience it for the first time, some that want to just see and believe there is a place like that, some that are just trying to find a chair, and for the first time person that is wanting to try and be welcomed because it is there first time!

Our first time -- guess we could have been accused of being gawkers as we went to the end closer to Papaguyo, so as walking by guess we are gawkers? Still if we are walking from Pedro down the beach with our beach bags then we are "gawkers" I guess. To each their own -- but this kind of attitude is what creates some of the problems.

Not that there are not problems with people, but to lump everybody into the same stereotype is just as bad. For the first time people (and yes everybody at some point was a first time person) the welcome attitude and friendlyness of the CO people in general is what makes them want to continue.

Even so there are some that have job, political, other issues that "they" have to take into consideration. I can understand that completely. In that case, then maybe Orient is not the best choice for those considerations given the public nature of Orient beach.

--------------------
Eric Hill
TTOL Shop

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 7964

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline