Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: Biturbo]
      #1440500 - 09/11/12 06:28 PM (75.142.191.162)

Agree with Biturbo. Additionally, eat lunch at papagayo and make a pitstop on the chairs. My guess you'll stay longer and actually rent the chairs (cheap). You'll soon find it is more normal without the suit than with and is one of the greatest places on earth.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Unregistered

Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: beachboy13]
      #1440503 - 09/11/12 07:19 PM (68.9.62.238)

My wife and I are in our early 30's and two years ago we could have written the same post. We have had a great time at any nude beach but especially enjoy Happy Bay and Pinel (backside). Both beaches kind of remote and you don't have to be right on top of other people. We've done Orient but prefer a day on a secluded beach playing football, frisbee or paddle ball. We are headed down this week and should be on the beach by Friday.

KayMike
Traveler

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: Anonymous]
      #1440504 - 09/11/12 07:22 PM (74.42.205.97)

One idea is that she wear her swimsuit into the ocean & remove it in the water to see how wonderful the ocean feels on her. I think too once she sees all the various body sizes & shapes at ClubO, she will feel more comfortable!!

--------------------
SXM Our favorite Carib island destination!

Unregistered

#1440516 - 09/11/12 09:19 PM (67.175.34.119)

Hi Beachboy, I certainly understand your girlfriend's feelings. I was in my early 30's w/ young children during our 1st trip to SXM and felt the same way. When will you be in SXM? Nancy

joyfully
Traveler

Loc: Nebraska
      #1440527 - 09/11/12 10:36 PM (173.190.177.229)

First off, congratulations! You picked a great island, and you are going to have as GREAT time!

Maybe you two will decide it's easy to go nude, maybe you won't - it'll be fine either way - no worries!

You might try going to Orient and walking the beach, to decide where to get chairs. Maybe you'll decide some beach bar like Kakao is good for you, or maybe you'll decide YOU want to go nude, and so you'll get chairs on Club O. You can take your suit off, and she can do what feels comfortable, and no one will pay any attention either way.

If you get chairs at one of the other beach bars, you can still walk down to the Club O beach, strip off there for the walk, or not. You might want to stop and get a drink at the Perch, particularly during happy hour. Standing in line, chances are you'll get to talking with someone in line. They won't care whether you have suits on or not. After all, most everyone there started out wearing suits too - they've been there.

We found it easier to strip down once we realized we'd be two among three hundred - who will look and who will care?

Others want more privacy (and to avoid the occasional gawker), and people have given you recommendations for less-populated beaches. The trade-off is, as others have pointed out, you may not be two among so many.

You definitely will be younger than most on the Club O beach, but that just means you have had the good sense to learn to enjoy life earlier than most of us did! When we were there in Feb, there were several 20-something groups staying at Club O. They stuck to themselves a little more than some (we tried to get them to play volleyball) but they also all seemed to have a good time.

However it works out, enjoy the time there! You'll have fun!

bugambilias
Traveler

Loc: Playa del Carmen, MX
Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: joyfully]
      #1440549 - 09/12/12 07:26 AM (70.15.123.163)

Have you considered visiting a local club before your trip? That might "break the ice."

--------------------
check out my blog

beachboy13

#1440551 - 09/12/12 07:31 AM (24.189.161.56)

I just looked up those beaches and they look very nice. They seem to be alittle more secluded and possibly up our alley. You guys seem right around our age so it sounds like you can relate. How come you prefer Happy bay and Pinel over Orient?

AnnandSteve
Traveler

Loc: Ewing, NJ
      #1440608 - 09/12/12 11:36 AM (75.99.122.210)

Go to Cupecoy - everyone is friendly, there are fewer people than at Orient and no one cares whether you are completely or only partly au naturel.

--------------------

Ann & Steve

Unregistered

#1440624 - 09/12/12 12:52 PM (74.94.234.178)

Two thoughts come to mind on this.

First, when cruise ships are in port you get a noticeable stream of textiled beach walkers in front of Club O. Usually they don't bother me, but on 2 occasions they did. One should have had a camera thrown into the sea by me when security was not around and the other person was doing military style inspection of the naked troops. I would say best to avoid Club O beach on cruise ship in port days. Both of these experiences are atypical.

Happy Bay seems almost ideal for what you are trying to accomplish. The other posters are spot on about what to expect. Park at Friars Beach walk to the far side and follow the trail to Happy Bay. You might have to walk by a gate, but keep going. Happy Bay is one hidden secret of the island.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1440631 - 09/12/12 01:16 PM (71.101.41.196)

It really depends on the person, whether the presence of more naked people makes them more comfortable or not. It was a long time ago now, but our first nude experience was at Club O and the fact that there were so MANY people there, all naked, made it seem more comfortable to me. Everyone is different.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 7332

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline