Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: beachboy13]
      #1440638 - 09/12/12 01:42 PM (64.179.54.114)

My wife and i prefer less people. We haven't done Petite but we are hoing to try that out this trip.

Just our personal preference and sometimes we do feel more comfortable in the water with like minded couples such as Orient Beach. Probably being younger and our mood has a lot to do with which beach we go to. We've even done st barts and the trip around the island with paul and peggy... we had a blast and would do them in the future and probably would strongly consider another trip soon if other young people were more open to doing something like this.

We love the island and the people who live here and visit.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Unregistered

Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: beachboy13]
      #1440811 - 09/13/12 12:58 PM (67.175.34.119)

Our favorite beaches are Cupecoy and Orient. However, our last trip (summer 2011) there were maybe a dozen people on the beach 2 of us topless and one nakie (my hubby). I felt a little uncomfortable to go totally nakie. I think the more people at Cupecoy you'll find a better mix. Orient is a great icebreaker and they don't allow cameras. But as we all know the daytripper sometimes try, check the cruise ship schedule. Since you're staying in a villa in Terres Basses you will have a lot of privacy to ease into c/o. We did Pinel on our first trip and hiked to the other side where we were the only ones there (wear shoes for the hike). On our 2nd trip we did Tiko-Tiko which was a blast. We're finally down to double digits for our next trip.

jmbcomms
Traveler

Loc: New England (home), St. Maarte...
Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1440884 - 09/13/12 08:34 PM (98.229.241.121)

I have an article on my SXM site called "Trying Naturism for the first time on Orient Beach" from a male perspective.

Here it is.

--------------------
Jeff Berger
Visiting SXM Since 1978

beachbabe
Traveler

Loc: So cal.
Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1440922 - 09/14/12 12:55 AM (173.55.101.120)

Beachboy-
Happy Bay is my favorite beach in the world..(so far)
I captured a fabulous photograph one year and it graces my business card to this day.
Happy Bay- perfect, breathtaking, serene, romantic..Happy

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: beachbabe]
      #1440964 - 09/14/12 10:07 AM (69.250.111.143)

Our first time was on the beach at Club Orient when our ship stopped at SXM. We had done the America's Cup 12 Meter regatta early in the morning and shopped Front Street in Phillipsburg for a couple rings for her, then caught a cab that dropped us off at the edge of Club Orient. We went to the Perch and got a couple of drinks and the bartender told us we could pick any pair of unoccupied chairs with no towels (or "wristbands" now) on them and the beach boy would be around to collect our $15 ($20 now) and the chairs and an umbrella would be ours for the rest of the day.

We set up in the middle of the beach and soon realized we were among the very few wearing swim suits. I glanced over at Linda and she was topless...I looked around again and then she was standing there nude saying "that water looks wonderful, you coming?"

Off came my suit and hand in hand we went running into the water like little kids. Since then (1998) we have been back to stay at Club Orient at least one week a year, and are now members at Avalon Resort in eastern WV.

We highly recommend setting up in the middle of Club Orient's beach for your first time.

--------------------
Bill

ChunkyDunkin
Traveler

Loc: Great PacNW
Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: Bill_S]
      #1440970 - 09/14/12 10:38 AM (204.195.13.117)

One never knows till trying.
Last fall while we were out in the water a younger (mid 20's?) couple walked south past the Perch, suits on, looking kind of sheepish. Bout half an hour they were headed back splashing (well she was) in the water. He was wading along in the all together still looking kind of shy while she, in the altogether now, was jumping and splashing for joy and shouting "we'll be back". Didn't see them the following days so suspect they were off a cruise ship. Hope they did make it back.
After the fist experience it's most likely that all your future travel plans will change.

daveb7
Traveler

Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: ChunkyDunkin]
      #1441088 - 09/15/12 12:52 AM (75.68.8.189)

My wife and I had been to only remote Caribbean beaches to not have to sit around in a wet bathing suit till 2007 when we went to Saint Martin for our wedding anniversary. We spent half a day at Coco Beach then walked down to just before Papagayo and picked out two orange chairs under a yellow umbrella. My wife said "what the hell?!" and took off her suit. We have been going back every year since and staying at Club Orient. Now twice a year. Club Orient is the best place EVER to have to not sit around on a Carribean beach in a wet bathing suit.
Take her to Club Orient beach. That beach, the beach bars and the people we have met on that beach are the BEST!

Joecool
Traveler

Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: Anonymous]
      #1441320 - 09/16/12 02:46 PM (68.193.126.83)

As first timers, I would try Cupecoy. You also may consider the west end of Baie Rouge as nudists who do frequent that area, are much more spread out. Your girlfriend may prefer to start there. Rouge is very low key and IMHO a nice little secret beach that a select few naturists try. Enjoy your trip.

tckj
Traveler

Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: Joecool]
      #1441926 - 09/19/12 10:15 PM (24.13.34.112)

My first time was to Cupecoy. My wife and I were there and we were the only ones with suits on. It just seemed ridiculous to me, so off came the suit and it was great. I walked and swam and never looked back. My wife, on the other hand, who has been a nude model and has been nude in a real movie, basically asked me what the hell I was doing. In four years in SXM, she has never gone nude in public. You can't force 'em, you just have to let it flow. Happy Bay is a great spot --- probably the best --- to start, but if she won't drop the top or bottoms, it's better just to accept and go with the flow. I still go nude every time we go --- and she just rolls her eyes.

Unregistered

Re: Nude beach first timers... [Re: tckj]
      #1442070 - 09/20/12 04:36 PM (67.191.88.37)

My first time was at Cupacoy also. Wife and I were both wearing suits and I noticed that I was the only male on the beach wearing a suit. Mentioned this to my wife and she said if you want to take off your suit do it. A short time later I told her she was the only female on the beach wearing a top. Told her she should give it a try. She is very shy and had never been topless in public and no man other than her doctor and me had ever seen her topless. She said if you really want me to do it and I said yes. The top came off for the first time. She has been topless on sxm beaches ever since that day. Still trying to get her to go nude but no luck yet.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 7331

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline