Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: CO places in Vegas area [Re: DnCnVA]
      #1443621 - 09/28/12 06:19 PM (108.117.53.145)

OK, I understand. Enjoy your trip to Palm Springs!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
Re: CO places in Vegas area [Re: DnCnVA]
      #1443627 - 09/28/12 07:19 PM (69.250.111.143)

Quote:

DnCnVA said:
We've considered going to Avalon, but my wife wants to wait til she's fully retired out of her career. In any event, we've changed plans for December and will be staying at Terra Cotta in Palm Springs. Not exactly hot there in December but doable with sun

We understand completely, both being in the same community. But what we found is that we have lots of company, and the chance encounters with others in the same career fields are best described by the commonly expressed surprised greeting: "You too?!?" Followed by a lot of laughing.

--------------------
Bill

Reginald Guy
Unregistered

Re: CO places in Vegas area [Re: Bill_S]
      #1443741 - 09/29/12 02:20 PM (64.203.46.170)

Quote:

Bill_S said:
Quote:

DnCnVA said:
We've considered going to Avalon, but my wife wants to wait til she's fully retired out of her career. [.....]

We understand completely, both being in the same community. But what we found is that we have lots of company, and the chance encounters with others in the same career fields are best described by the commonly expressed surprised greeting: "You too?!?" Followed by a lot of laughing.

Hmmm.... I'm thinking "Kate Middleton moment" if your wife is in the public eye, or "career-ending event" if she is a school teacher or a phys ed coach. If that were the case for me, think I'd wait until retirement, too!

~Reggie~

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
Re: CO places in Vegas area [Re: Reginald Guy]
      #1443788 - 09/29/12 09:29 PM (69.250.111.143)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Quote:

Bill_S said:
Quote:

DnCnVA said:
We've considered going to Avalon, but my wife wants to wait til she's fully retired out of her career. [.....]

Hmmm.... I'm thinking "Kate Middleton moment" if your wife is in the public eye, or "career-ending event" if she is a school teacher or a phys ed coach. If that were the case for me, think I'd wait until retirement, too!

~Reggie~

Actually it is not a problem up there in the WV mountains. Everyone is respectful and photography is banned...including with cell phones. Cell service is about nonexistent so anyone with one in their hand gets immediate close scrutiny. Most people only know each others first names until they eventually become good friends.

I was in " one of those " jobs until I finally retired for good in Feburary. I just made sure I let my security officer know about our condo and AANR mebmbership and listed both on the security investigation forms. Nobody blinked an eye and it was no problem across two decades.

Also, the people you see there have as much respect for your privacy as you do, and vice versa.

It's another reason we love Avalon...

--------------------
Bill

Reggae_RobModerator

Loc: West Virginia
Re: CO places in Vegas area [Re: Bill_S]
      #1443816 - 09/30/12 07:25 AM (24.101.24.100)

I live at Avalon, and the interviews for my Clearence were conducted at Avalon (we both wore clothes). It was not an issue.

--------------------
Irie,
Reggae Rob

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2816

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline