Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Blacks Beach
      #1449455 - 10/22/12 08:00 PM (107.9.16.124)

Will a male travelling unaccompanied be approached by folks or left alone to enjoy the beach.

I've read some things other places that not a great idea to go to the beach alone (male or female) as there are some individuals who can make it unpleasant.

I turn to TTOL for more seasoned advice.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
peconic
Traveler

Loc: Basking Ridge, NJ Southold, NY...
Re: Blacks Beach [Re: Anonymous]
      #1449467 - 10/22/12 08:43 PM (72.68.64.57)

I just read a lot of very conflicting reviews... confusing...

--------------------
Life with my wife... It's not just a marriage, It's an Adventure!
"Only Sailors Get Blown Offshore" <*}}}><{

Eabnaturist
Traveler

Re: Blacks Beach [Re: peconic]
      #1450360 - 10/26/12 12:34 PM (108.193.228.37)

Depends where on the beach and your actions.

The Black's Beach Bares set-up near the volleyball courts.
They usually hang a flag and nude beach brochures.
If you go up and introduce yourself and get to know them, you will be fine.

If you move your blanket three times, and it always happens to be near the newest set of UCSD girls, you will be confronted.

Unregistered

Re: Blacks Beach [Re: Eabnaturist]
      #1450451 - 10/26/12 09:14 PM (107.9.16.124)

Thanks. So if I camp out ONCE near a set of UCSD girls, I'm good. Just don't move . I was actually more worried about some dude(s)chaing after ,me 3 times with a blanket.

Wcstflyer
Traveler

Loc: California/Florida
      #1451129 - 10/29/12 04:41 PM (108.33.44.110)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Thanks. So if I camp out ONCE near a set of UCSD girls, I'm good. Just don't move . I was actually more worried about some dude(s)chaing after ,me 3 times with a blanket.

That sounds a little like the plot of a 1985 made-for-television movie called California Girls starring Robby Benson. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088875 In that instance, a garage mechanic left the dreary winter urban life of Newark, New Jersey for the isothermal 85 degree weather of Santa Monica and beaches packed with SI Swimsuit caliber models...in January. Of course it was all a dream and I suspect not far removed from yours.

Unregistered

#1455102 - 11/14/12 09:35 PM (66.180.244.10)

Just visited Blacks Beach. Easy, free parking at the hanglider-port near UC San Diego. Food/drinks avail for purchase at the gliderport before making the descent to the beach.

The walk down is NOT a walk in the park. You have to be careful to not be careless. The walk up ("ASCENT" in mountain climbing terminolgy) might qualify for the MOST strenuous activity of my 2012. I walk alot on flat ground but don't run or hike. The trail is well maintained and safe if you don't get careless and try to skip along quickly. NOT uniform "steps". If you twisted an ankle on the way down, getting back up may be impossible for many without a rescue call.

The beach is nice. I'd say about 75% were nude. 80% males and the females were in couples. It is a VAST beach - plenty of room. Everybody seemed to be by themselves and kept to themselves. No facilities or garbage cans. I heard about folks operating a grill and having extra umbrellas but they weren't there on a wednesday.

I'd go back in the future but I'd definitely pack a lunch and make a nature call before heading down the trail. The "ASCENT" is definitely a one and done roundtrip a day for me.

Saw dolphons in what looked to be a couple feet of water which was very refreshing (aka Cold).

FireProf
Traveler

Loc: Southern California
      #1455257 - 11/15/12 02:31 PM (108.13.170.22)

Appreciate the update on conditions, ammenities and personal account of the trek down and back up to the beach. I've been trying to make it down there during the week but seems everytime the weather cooperates, my schedule and calendar do not. I'll get down there soon ... I hope!

Wcstflyer
Traveler

Loc: California/Florida
      #1455649 - 11/17/12 12:12 PM (108.33.44.110)

Quote:

Anonymous said: The walk down is NOT a walk in the park. You have to be careful to not be careless. The walk up ("ASCENT" in mountain climbing terminolgy) might qualify for the MOST strenuous activity of my 2012. I walk alot on flat ground but don't run or hike. The trail is well maintained and safe if you don't get careless and try to skip along quickly. NOT uniform "steps". If you twisted an ankle on the way down, getting back up may be impossible for many without a rescue call.

People visiting Southern California are sometimes surprised to find that Black's Beach is located at the bottom of a 300 foot sedimentary marine terrace. While I wouldn't rate the ascent up from the beach in the same category as the cable climb up Half Dome, if that visitor is ill-prepared or gets winded simply climbing a flight of stairs it could lead to something serious. A couple of years ago I recall toting my cooler and umbrella up the old Broadway trail after a day at Black's Beach. Roughly half way up, to the side of the trail were a couple of lifeguards administering oxygen and first aid to a sweating, red-faced middle-aged man who was nearly the girth of New Jersey's Chris Christie.

Black's Beach- even absent of the nudist appeal- is one of the more beautiful beaches in the U.S., with its vast expanse of sandy beach to explore, hang gliders soaring overhead, Torrey Pines to the north and La Jolla to the south. The only caveat: gawkers gravitate to Black's Beach like flies and that may make women like my better half uncomfortable.

Eabnaturist
Traveler

Re: Blacks Beach [Re: Wcstflyer]
      #1463451 - 12/20/12 01:34 AM (108.225.229.78)

The grill usually only comes out late on weekend days in the summer.

Unregistered

Re: Blacks Beach [Re: Wcstflyer]
      #1463567 - 12/20/12 03:08 PM (76.188.24.229)

A little farther north... is San Onofre trail 6, still nude?
Had heard it was no longer.

FireProf
Traveler

#1463686 - 12/21/12 08:31 AM (108.13.170.22)

San O Trail 6 is no longer. The fight to reclaim it is still ongoing but at the present time ... the rangers are concentrating more on doing what they possibly can to hand out citations for nudity than they are doing the job they are suppose to do.

If you plan on visiting San O for nude use, you should walk further south onto Camp Pendleton beach property and you'll see other nudes there. You will be tresspassing onto military property but most times ... the Marine's do not bother the nudes.

Unregistered

Re: Blacks Beach [Re: FireProf]
      #1463692 - 12/21/12 08:44 AM (76.188.24.229)

Hard to believe the rangers consider it a priority! Lived out there in the early 80's and experienced a peaceful beach visited by locals and surfers, lots of personal space, never any problems.

FireProf
Traveler

#1463805 - 12/21/12 07:10 PM (108.13.170.22)

Truth be told ... I think once Marianna Handler left the beach ... all hell broke loose. She used to 'patrol" the beach and she'd make those idiots that threatened the tolerance of the nude beach, either feel like crap for doing what they were doing and make them leave ... or get enough of us to help her kick them off the beach.

I didn't see many regulars doing that besides a few of us and we, my wife and I couldn't be there every day, every week or every weekend. I think many liked watching that crap and didn't say a thing. Even then ... there were only 5 incidents on the beach, the other 8 were in the parking lot ... a mile away from the beach. 3 of the 5 on the beach were reported to the rangers by nudists and they used all of those against the nudists to close the beach.

Ranger/rangers will hide up on the cliffs with video cameras and binoc's to catch people nude and race down the beach to cite them. They are obsessed.

Edited by FireProf (12/21/12 07:11 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 4024

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline