Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Caribbean recommendations? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1450024 - 10/25/12 10:15 AM (76.188.24.229)

Are most clothed in the restaurant? Reason I ask is that dining nude indoors is just something we can't get our arms around... on the beach, at a picnic table etc... no problem.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1450032 - 10/25/12 10:39 AM (71.101.41.196)

At Papagayo in the evening, I would say that MOST men are fully nude and MOST women have some type of a pareo on, often just on the bottom. Regardless, wear however much or little you want. No one cares.

Unregistered

Re: Caribbean recommendations? [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1450044 - 10/25/12 10:55 AM (76.188.24.229)

Sorry, should have mentioned that my question regarding clothed dining was in reference to the "N" resort as we are most interested in it.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1450046 - 10/25/12 10:58 AM (71.101.41.196)

Oh, sorry. We haven't been there, so I don't know.

bugambilias
Traveler

Loc: Playa del Carmen, MX
      #1450049 - 10/25/12 11:07 AM (70.15.123.163)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Are most clothed in the restaurant? Reason I ask is that dining nude indoors is just something we can't get our arms around... on the beach, at a picnic table etc... no problem.

Playa Sonrisa:
* Minimal clothing IS REQUIRED in
LocoNutz Apres Ski Bar & Grill
anyime meals are being served.

Not all-inclusive.

--------------------
check out my blog

Unregistered

Re: Caribbean recommendations? [Re: FireProf]
      #1450055 - 10/25/12 11:39 AM (68.194.77.6)

Quote:

FireProf said:
I'm certain we do not want to take this thread in a direction of "my recommendation is better and my preference to a certain resort is better," but we need to keep the comments accurate and information we are sharing ... completely truthful.

Yes, there are "gawkers" that cruise the nude beach section of Orient Beach, in front of the Club Orient property. They are NOT snapping pictures all over the place and ANYONE that is seen doing that is taken care of my others on the beach and Club O security. The other nudes usually take care of the issue before Security arrives on scene.

I am presuming this was prompted by my post above. Two points:

1.) I said I had not been to Club O and my information was secondhand.
2.) It is an unfortunate reality that when you have a lot of gawkers, some will try to sneak pictures which isn't that hard these days with current technology. I was not trying to imply it was an open season for photo enthusiasts.
Photos are an issue for some people (including us for professional reasons) and do not matter to others - so be it.

At the end, I was trying to pass on my actual experiences to the OP since I had been to several Jamaican resorts including the one that the OP asked about. My preferences may not be the same as others and they need to decide for themselves what works for them.

banude
Traveler

#1450073 - 10/25/12 12:58 PM (173.164.246.58)

Thanks everybody for the information. One of my wife's desires is to enjoy a beach in the nude, but considering how many pictures of what seem to be unsuspecting nude people on beaches all over the internet, we're both apprehensive to go to an open beach. We have many nude beach opportunities near to us, but won't go for those reasons.

If we decide to go to N, do any of you have recommendations as to where I can find the best travel arrangements? I've looked around at the typical nude vacation travel agencies, and have found that Expedia seems to offer the best deal. Any thoughts for an international nudist newbie?

Durathror
Traveler

Loc: NC, USA
Re: Caribbean recommendations? [Re: banude]
      #1450079 - 10/25/12 01:30 PM (66.194.221.210)

Quote:

banude said:
One of my wife's desires is to enjoy a beach in the nude, but considering how many pictures of what seem to be unsuspecting nude people on beaches all over the internet, we're both apprehensive to go to an open beach.

I am six weeks past having been nude on a beach for the first time. My wife directed me to take her to the nicest nude beach I could find. Orient Beach is where we went.

I too was apprehensive about gawkers and cameras. In discussions with my friends before going, I opined that I wished it were all nude since that way it would deter the voyeur crowd. Thankfully, my concerns were unfounded.

We went in September when it was really slow. We also setup a long way from the dividing line. In the five days we were on the beach I think we saw at most half a dozen people who were clothed and likely walking to just see the sights. For half of those, we were in the water so they saw nothing of us. Because Club O was closed at the time, there was no security, but we never felt like we needed it. The other nudists weren't there to see me any more than I was there to see them.

So from someone who is freshly removed from the virgin nudist group, I understand your concern, but in my experience, Orient Beach put those concerns to rest. I was nervous in the beginning, but that was based on a possibility, not the reality. Unless you have paparazzi trailing you to the beach, I doubt you'll have a problem.

--------------------
There's a small fortune to be made in racing; just start with a large one.

Unregistered

Re: Caribbean recommendations? [Re: Durathror]
      #1450107 - 10/25/12 02:58 PM (68.194.77.6)

We have used both Denny P. Travel (land only portion) and Cheap Caribbean (land/air packages) for our adult resort travel and have been happy with both...have also heard good things about Castaways Travel but have not used them ourselves.

banude
Traveler

Re: Caribbean recommendations? [Re: Durathror]
      #1450201 - 10/25/12 07:12 PM (173.164.246.58)

Quote:

Durathror said:
Unless you have paparazzi trailing you to the beach, I doubt you'll have a problem.

Well, to be honest, I am kind of a big deal.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2955

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline