Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Nude resort appropriate clothing [Re: banude]
      #1450614 - 10/27/12 06:25 PM (107.9.16.124)

lucky coach --- delta -- they were in plastic bags for what that's worth. they were soft warm, lightweight and the price was right if not a tad wrong.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kevin_B
Traveler

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Re: Nude resort appropriate clothing [Re: banude]
      #1450650 - 10/27/12 08:58 PM (50.100.64.89)

Congratulations on booking at "N" for your first foray into international nudity. It is the same as domestic nudity, except you may have to speak the Jamaican patois! You may want to read the reports for "N" on this forum and on Trip Advisor. You'll get a better feel for the ambience of the place. "N" is a nudist resort that caters more to the true naturist than to the "fashionistas". That is not to say that some people do not dress up for dinner. Just that over the past 2 years, we have not seen too many slinky slutty outfits. Sexy, yes, but not slutty!.

I have seen a slight decrease in the amount of "coverup" needed in the restaurants. Last year, for example, at breakfast which was served in the "Main" dining room, i would walk in nude but carrying a pareo to put down as a "bum-towel", and also in case of "emergencies". My wife and her friend would go topless. Same at lunch, except I would carry my towel instead of a pareo, and the ladies would have their pareo bottoms. At dinner, the ladies would have some "slinky" summer dress on, while I would be in my "dress pareo". We saw more nudity in the dining room on the last trip than before. The Trip Advisor reports seems to bear that out.

It would appear that "N" and their G.M. have unofficially relaxed their "dress code" somewhat, in as much as it is after all a Nude resort. To some extent, what you choose to wear depends on your comfort level. We have some friends who are confirmed naturists and went for all meals in the nude in the presence of the G.M. The resort is not a party place, and if you were expecting some glitzy disco event at a high-end clothing optional resort, you might be in for a slight disappointment. It is rather low key, and the clothing styles (or lack thereof) reflect that.

Whatever you wear (or don't wear!), enjoy, relax, and above all, have fun. You'll keep coming back, as we are in March!

--------------------
Kevin

LadyH
Traveler

Loc: NE Florida
Re: Nude resort appropriate clothing [Re: Kevin_B]
      #1450723 - 10/28/12 09:36 AM (72.21.225.66)

Try www.venus.com They have some nice cover-ups.

Unregistered

Re: Nude resort appropriate clothing [Re: LadyH]
      #1450833 - 10/28/12 03:24 PM (76.10.175.134)

If you are true naturists, you will have no need of any textiles. Should you feel inclined to wear anything, the tone is not lowered if it is a true cover up. Once the slinky, tease, skanky duds are in evidence, the bar gets somewhat lowered rather than raised.

Kevin_B
Traveler

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Re: Nude resort appropriate clothing [Re: Anonymous]
      #1450844 - 10/28/12 03:57 PM (50.100.64.89)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
If you are true naturists, you will have no need of any textiles. Should you feel inclined to wear anything, the tone is not lowered if it is a true cover up. Once the slinky, tease, skanky duds are in evidence, the bar gets somewhat lowered rather than raised.

AMEN and +1 to Unregistered!

--------------------
Kevin

sand
Traveler

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Re: Nude resort appropriate clothing [Re: Kevin_B]
      #1451135 - 10/29/12 04:58 PM (76.4.212.76)

Quote:

Kevin_B said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:

AMEN and +1 to Unregistered!

Ditto. My wife and I never understood the need to dress provocatively at a naturist resort or club event.

Unregistered

#1452038 - 11/01/12 06:04 PM (208.91.195.229)

Quote:

Anonymous said:

Not quite: you should have a towel to sit on. At Club O my wife is a bit more formal at dinner than at lunch: she takes a larger towel to dinner.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1452042 - 11/01/12 06:24 PM (68.246.46.198)

Actually, it's my experience that many or most ladies wear a pareo on the bottom for dinner. I personally find it easier and more elegant than carrying a towel.

bugambilias
Traveler

Loc: Playa del Carmen, MX
Re: Nude resort appropriate clothing [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1452055 - 11/01/12 07:28 PM (70.15.123.163)

Here is a link to a video from Pareo.com.

--------------------
check out my blog

rkitek
Traveler

Loc: Ohio
Re: Nude resort appropriate clothing [Re: bugambilias]
      #1452147 - 11/02/12 09:10 AM (173.241.48.49)

A good place to purchase these is from Turtle Island Imports. Google them. Huge selection and low prices. We have several of the "mini's".

--------------------
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 4344

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline