Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
UncleAl32
Traveler

Loc: Left Coast USA
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: rkitek]
      #1451383 - 10/30/12 03:16 PM (68.124.182.183)

Nouth, I've read and re-read your posts, and am still scratching my head and wondering what I'm missing, and I suspect others here are doing the same. Most of us are familiar with queries such as: "I am comfortable with [or would like to experience] public nudity in mixed company, but my wife is reluctant to give it a try. I would like my wife to become equally as comfortable with social nudity. Any suggestions?"

What I at least THINK I'm hearing from you is, "I'm not comfortable with being seen naked in public because I have a less than perfect body. But I would like my wife to become comfortable being seen naked in public as long as we don't have to talk to anyone."

Frankly, that's a tough one for me. Never having been to Club O, let alone St. Martin, I can't speak from experience. But my suggestion is to visit Club O with the understanding that you both wear your swimsuits, and only remove them if you're comfortable enough to do so. Otherwise, go back to the secluded area.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tiger79
Traveler

Loc: England
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: UncleAl32]
      #1451385 - 10/30/12 03:21 PM (86.134.103.240)

Quote:

UncleAl32 said:
Nouth, I've read and re-read your posts, and am still scratching my head and wondering what I'm missing, and I suspect others here are doing the same.

Exactly! I find his posts very odd indeed, and suspect that the forum might be better off without them.

SuburbanDharma
Traveler

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: tiger79]
      #1451396 - 10/30/12 04:07 PM (75.181.165.239)

Well that was mean! Sometimes it's hard to express one's self, not to mention difficult to decide if one will be comfortable without clothes on in public.

Helpful suggestions for whatever questions people CAN answer would be nicer than judgment just because you're having a hard time understanding what someone else is going through.

Lots of people would LIKE to try nudism but need a very slow, gradual introduction. If that means being naked "in public" for a while before becoming comfortable enough to interact with people, then who are we to judge if that's "odd" or "normal"?

A little empathy goes a long way.

--------------------
If I can't be a good example, I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Durathror
Traveler

Loc: NC, USA
      #1451408 - 10/30/12 04:23 PM (66.194.221.210)

Quote:

tiger79 said:
Exactly! I find his posts very odd indeed, and suspect that the forum might be better off without them.

That's uncalled for. I agree that the post have been articulated at best and poorly thought out at worst, but I don't think that warrants the response you gave.

I am still confused as to why the OP is spending all the effort into getting his wife to go nude in a new way when he isn't going nude in the way she is already.

--------------------
There's a small fortune to be made in racing; just start with a large one.

UncleAl32
Traveler

Loc: Left Coast USA
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: Durathror]
      #1451440 - 10/30/12 05:41 PM (68.124.182.183)

I only hope that neither Nouth, nor anyone else, found MY post offensive. I'm just trying to understand his reasoning.

If he and his wife are really serious about wishing to be nude in public but not have any social interaction with other naked people, my recommendation (and I'm very serious) would be to cancel this trip, wait until next May, and then go to Harbin Hot Springs in Northern California. Though it's not a nudist resort, almost everyone goes nude in the pool area, with conversation FORBIDDEN in the mineral pools. My wife and I have been going there 2-3 times each summer for the past 10 years or so, and the number of conversations we've had with anyone but each other I can count on one, maybe both hands!

tiger79
Traveler

Loc: England
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: SuburbanDharma]
      #1451551 - 10/31/12 06:06 AM (86.134.103.240)

Quote:

SuburbanDharma said:
Lots of people would LIKE to try nudism but need a very slow, gradual introduction. If that means being naked "in public" for a while before becoming comfortable enough to interact with people, then who are we to judge if that's "odd" or "normal"?

But, as I read the OP's posts, he has no intention of being naked himself, but wants to persuade his reluctant wife to be naked in public. That does sound very strange to me.

SuburbanDharma
Traveler

Loc: Charlotte, NC
      #1451566 - 10/31/12 08:47 AM (75.181.165.239)

The way I read that is that he's far too self conscious to disrobe in public but since his wife seems to be a little more comfortable with it, he'd like to encourage her.

It's extremely difficult for some overweight people to accept that being nude is ok. Maybe it will take years of his wife enjoying the experience, maybe getting comfortable socializing nude, before the OP realizes that it's ok at any shape or size and can enjoy the experience with her. Maybe he'll never loosen up enough to do it himself. But if she enjoys it & he enjoys that SHE enjoys it, it's still not for others to judge whether it's ok, it's just their preference.

I think it's extremely important to recognize how uncomfortable it can be for some people to even THINK about being nude in public. So the OP probably is intrigued, impressed, and astonished by his wife's willingness to try it. What's wrong with his encouraging that?

I assume people are concerned that he's some kind of perv who just wants to see his wife nude in public places. Only by seeing how "normal" it is for people to be textile-free will he realize that this is not about nudity per se, but rather about the natural feeling of not wearing clothes that some people enjoy. Without judgment or perversion.

I just think it's best to give people the benefit of the doubt until they give you a reason not to.

--------------------
If I can't be a good example, I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Durathror
Traveler

Re: Club O first-timer [Re: SuburbanDharma]
      #1451570 - 10/31/12 09:00 AM (66.194.221.210)

SuburbanDharma, that was very well said and not an angle I had thought of. I know that I would not be appreciative if my wife were to encourage me to be nude in a more populated area were she not comfortable being nude in a secluded area. However, that doesn't mean everyone would feel that way.

--------------------

nouth
Traveler

Re: Club O first-timer [Re: Durathror]
      #1451590 - 10/31/12 10:42 AM (71.85.112.171)

Geez folks, get a grip, I just asked a question. I was not seeking psychoanalysis. I thought this was a place where one could ask questions and have kind people help him with answers. That had been my experience until now.

For the past five years we lived in a home that had a private swimming pool and my wife came to love being outdoors around the pool free of clothing. We had to relocate this past year and she misses her pool. She will enjoy the beaches of St. Martin but I was trying to find a way for her to enjoy herself without the press of a throng of others around her. Now I could have said all that in my original post but it contributed nothing to the basic question I asked.

So please, you will be far more helpful here if you will just answer a posterís question and not seek to give counsel about what you perceive to be his personal problems.

------------------------
He who responds to a matter before he understands it, to him it is both a folly and a shame. (Proverbs 18:13)

Durathror
Traveler

Re: Club O first-timer [Re: nouth]
      #1451592 - 10/31/12 10:51 AM (66.194.221.210)

Quote:

nouth said:
For the past five years we lived in a home that had a private swimming pool and my wife came to love being outdoors around the pool free of clothing. We had to relocate this past year and she misses her pool. She will enjoy the beaches of St. Martin but I was trying to find a way for her to enjoy herself without the press of a throng of others around her.

Ockham's razor - go back to Happy Bay. She enjoyed being nude there before so you are just about guaranteed it will be enjoyable the next time as well.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 3298

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline