Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
SuburbanDharma
Traveler

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: nouth]
      #1451675 - 10/31/12 03:11 PM (75.181.165.239)

Quote:

nouth said:

So please, you will be far more helpful here if you will just answer a posterís question and not seek to give counsel about what you perceive to be his personal problems.

------------------------
He who responds to a matter before he understands it, to him it is both a folly and a shame. (Proverbs 18:13)

Point taken. My apologies.

--------------------
If I can't be a good example, I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ChunkyDunkin
Traveler

Loc: Great PacNW
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: Durathror]
      #1451852 - 11/01/12 08:28 AM (208.78.52.214)

Havn't heard anything recently on condition/waves at happy bay but the waves have been running high on that side of the island. Very calm on east side. There's hardly any wind at all now, 7:30 am, in Oyster Pond.
Doing Peggy n Paul tommorrow so will get a chance to see what conditon Happy Bay is in.
Some jellyfish in the Club O beach water yesterday so not alot of folks getting wet.
Lots of solitude down toward Papagayos on 2nd or 3rd row back.

UncleAl32
Traveler

Loc: Left Coast USA
      #1451957 - 11/01/12 02:17 PM (68.124.182.247)

Again, I apologize if Nouth or anyone else took offense to my responses. However:

Quote:

nouth said:
For the past five years we lived in a home that had a private swimming pool and my wife came to love being outdoors around the pool free of clothing. We had to relocate this past year and she misses her pool. She will enjoy the beaches of St. Martin but I was trying to find a way for her to enjoy herself without the press of a throng of others around her. Now I could have said all that in my original post but it contributed nothing to the basic question I asked.

Sorry, but I disagree. Had you included the first three sentences with your original post, it would have put everything into context and made perfect sense. Over the years, I have known women who enjoy being nude outdoors but go to great lengths to ensure privacy.

In my experience with nudist venues, I've found that most nudists are extroverts. As one gal I met put it, "You meet people at nudist resorts." So your wife is onto something. My earlier recommendation still stands. Visit Club O in swimsuits or other clothing, then decide once you're there whether to disrobe or not.

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: UncleAl32]
      #1451966 - 11/01/12 02:46 PM (69.250.111.143)

I agree that the context helps tremendously....

So in response:

We were very similar in situation. We have a swimming pool at home in a protected, private part of our property and would enjoy skinny dipping when our two kids went to sleep in the evenings, or were away with friends on a weekend day.

In 1998 we went on a cruise (our first) and St. Martin was the last port of call. After doing the 12 Metre Challenge and some Front St. shopping, we took a cab over to Orient Beach to "see what it was all about"...

We were dropped off at Pedro's and walked over to the Perch beach bar at the North end of Club Orient's property, got drinks, and the bar tender answered our questions:
- day guests are most welcome
- find two empty chairs with no personal items or colored wristbands on them and just sit down
- the beach boys will come by and collect the $15 fee for the day (now $20).

We picked a location halfway up the beach in the second row and settled in. Within 5 minutes my wife was topless. Two minutes later she was standing there in the buff saying "that water looks inviting, you going to join me?"

My swimsuit hit the sand and we ran into that beautiful, clear, blue/green 82*F water hand in hand and laughing like kids again.

We have been back at Club Orient for a week every year since and our now late 20s daughters go with us whenever they can.

We found that going nude in public the first time was MUCH easier at Club Orient Beach because nearly EVERYONE else was already nude. We think this is because you are joining the majority and no longer feel you are standing out in the crowd when you take off your clothes.

We highly recommend you do as we did and go to Club Orient's beach.

--------------------
Bill

Unregistered

Re: Club O first-timer [Re: Bill_S]
      #1452028 - 11/01/12 05:28 PM (76.188.24.229)

One question, if given an option to Club Orient, what would be the next best choice? ie: beach access, room quality, etc.

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: Anonymous]
      #1452064 - 11/01/12 08:02 PM (69.250.111.143)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
One question, if given an option to Club Orient, what would be the next best choice? ie: beach access, room quality, etc.

For going nude and skinny dipping, the Club Orient beach is the place. For staying off-site and then heading to Club O each day for the beach, our daughters stayed at Townhouses Menorca twice, and Caribbean Princess once, both in Orient Village. Jim Ruos (a TTOL Sponsor) made the reservations and handled the details at no added cost to us.

Renting the two girls an umbrella and a pair of chairs on the Club Orient beach near us cost $100 for seven days.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Bill

Unregistered

#1452084 - 11/01/12 08:46 PM (50.73.34.197)

Bill
Your experience is near identical to ours. My quickly halfway and both us totally soon after and in teh water. and back many years thereafter.

Our kids found a Club O bag and we just said they were giving em away. How did you get your kids. We have adult and monor kids and we don't know how to let them in. We think we will wait until they are all adults.

NickR
Sponsor

Loc: Leverick Bay
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: SuburbanDharma]
      #1452225 - 11/02/12 02:11 PM (69.57.233.61)

Quote:

SuburbanDharma said:
Well that was mean! Sometimes it's hard to express one's self, not to mention difficult to decide if one will be comfortable without clothes on in public.

Helpful suggestions for whatever questions people CAN answer would be nicer than judgment just because you're having a hard time understanding what someone else is going through.

Lots of people would LIKE to try nudism but need a very slow, gradual introduction. If that means being naked "in public" for a while before becoming comfortable enough to interact with people, then who are we to judge if that's "odd" or "normal"?

A little empathy goes a long way.

Hear Hear Kristine

--------------------
Nick Willis
"Mine Host"
Leverick Bay Resort & Marina

BillandElaine
Traveler

Loc: St Maarten
      #1452265 - 11/02/12 05:26 PM (200.7.50.27)

nouth -

Give Cupecoy beach a try. No crowds and there is usually plenty of space to be on your own if you like.

--------------------
Elaine
God Bless the broken road....

Unregistered

#1452302 - 11/02/12 08:16 PM (76.188.24.229)

Thanks for the helpful information.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 3277

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline