Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
nouth
Traveler

Club O first-timer
      #1451133 - 10/29/12 04:54 PM (71.85.112.171)

This is a follow-up to my Previous Post . We will be on SXM for our second trip beginning Saturday. My wife enjoyed the CO environment of Happy Bay last year and I am trying to convince her to give Club O a try. Neither she nor I enjoy what she calls "social nudity" but I believe she would enjoy the amenities of Club O if she knew we could set up apart from the throng and not be expected to socialize.

Would you consider writing a note to her here and address her concerns so I can have her read this thread before we leave?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MarcG
Traveler

Loc: New Brunswick & Quebec, Canada
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: nouth]
      #1451194 - 10/29/12 07:34 PM (207.134.187.254)

In my opinion, and in reading your posts, if you need others on a message board to convince your wife to stay at Club Orient, you are going at it the wrong way, and if I were you, would stay somewhere else.

If we understand right, you are leaving in 6 days, and as a couple, have not decided this together??

Hummmmmm

--------------------
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Unregistered

Re: Club O first-timer [Re: MarcG]
      #1451210 - 10/29/12 08:37 PM (50.73.34.197)

this could be an interesting scene at check in.

Unregistered

Re: Club O first-timer [Re: Anonymous]
      #1451212 - 10/29/12 08:48 PM (50.73.34.197)

I'm better now. Sorry for above "joke" about check in. You and your wife can stay 98-99% to yourself on the beach and 100% to yourself near your room. Many hang out near their chalet/suite on lawn chairs and read a book. You'd have to go in the restaurant, but you can keep 90+% to yourself there too.

Their will always be nice people saying hi. If she likes the beach without a suit, I bet she likes Club O. IT IS THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH. IT IS A FIRST CLASS, PEACEFUL PLACE TO RELAX. I'll bet here a Carib Beer she loves it!

Unregistered

#1451214 - 10/29/12 08:50 PM (50.73.34.197)

P.S. She'll make the reservation for you next year. My wife is begging to go back this year. Need some airfare points.

Durathror
Traveler

Loc: NC, USA
      #1451255 - 10/30/12 09:15 AM (66.194.221.210)

Quote:

nouth said:My wife enjoyed the CO environment of Happy Bay last year and I am trying to convince her to give Club O a try.

Why are you trying to convince her? Based on what you posted before, you aren't going to get nude. If she is happy with Happy Bay, why are you moving her away from that?

Quote:

nouth said:Neither she nor I enjoy what she calls "social nudity"

It would seem to me that a place that offers social nudity would be a bad idea for both of you. Would you go to a golf resort if you don't play golf? Maybe, but it wouldn't be ideal. So, again, why are you trying to convince her?

Quote:

nouth said:I believe she would enjoy the amenities of Club O if she knew we could set up apart from the throng and not be expected to socialize.

What amenities? I have never stayed at Club O, but I was tried to book there and I can tell you now that the draw isn't the amenities. It is a pretty bare bones place when you consider the cost. The only notable features are the the ability to be nude all the time and proximity to the beach.

Quote:

nouth said:Would you consider writing a note to her here and address her concerns so I can have her read this thread before we leave?

Stay in a place on Orient and walk to the clothing optional beach area. Don't push your wife into the deep end all at once. Build up slowly and do it with her. I am not trying to be mean, but it seems like you are more concerned with getting your wife to do this and whether or not she actually wants to or not.

nouth
Traveler

Re: Club O first-timer [Re: Durathror]
      #1451266 - 10/30/12 09:41 AM (71.85.112.171)

Well, again I have not been clear and sent this thread in an unintended direction. We are not staying at Club Orient, just wondering about spending a day or two on the beach. By "amenities" I meant food and drink service on the beach as well as restrooms. She has said she would like to consider a day or two on the beach at Club O but had the concerns I mentioned.

Durathror
Traveler

#1451268 - 10/30/12 09:44 AM (66.194.221.210)

OK, now I understand.

Take a day trip to the south end of Orient Beach. Go early in the morning and setup about 2/3rds of the way towards the restaurant. You can get comfortable with being there alone and I doubt the people who will come in later will bother you much.

--------------------
There's a small fortune to be made in racing; just start with a large one.

Biturbo
Traveler

Loc: Royersford, PA (30m NW of Phil...
      #1451341 - 10/30/12 01:35 PM (108.52.8.3)

Not quite sure what is meant by "social nudity". Would you rather not have anyone speak to you? To me, the friends we have made at Club Orient are one of the main reasons we keep going. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just curious as to your definition of the term.

--------------------
"It's a magic kind of medicine, that no doctor could prescribe." JB

rkitek
Traveler

Loc: Ohio
      #1451342 - 10/30/12 01:37 PM (67.76.156.145)

I would not recommend a day trip to Club O. You will fall in love with it, and regret not staying there in the first place.

--------------------
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

UncleAl32
Traveler

Loc: Left Coast USA
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: rkitek]
      #1451383 - 10/30/12 03:16 PM (68.124.182.183)

Nouth, I've read and re-read your posts, and am still scratching my head and wondering what I'm missing, and I suspect others here are doing the same. Most of us are familiar with queries such as: "I am comfortable with [or would like to experience] public nudity in mixed company, but my wife is reluctant to give it a try. I would like my wife to become equally as comfortable with social nudity. Any suggestions?"

What I at least THINK I'm hearing from you is, "I'm not comfortable with being seen naked in public because I have a less than perfect body. But I would like my wife to become comfortable being seen naked in public as long as we don't have to talk to anyone."

Frankly, that's a tough one for me. Never having been to Club O, let alone St. Martin, I can't speak from experience. But my suggestion is to visit Club O with the understanding that you both wear your swimsuits, and only remove them if you're comfortable enough to do so. Otherwise, go back to the secluded area.

tiger79
Traveler

Loc: England
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: UncleAl32]
      #1451385 - 10/30/12 03:21 PM (86.134.103.240)

Quote:

UncleAl32 said:
Nouth, I've read and re-read your posts, and am still scratching my head and wondering what I'm missing, and I suspect others here are doing the same.

Exactly! I find his posts very odd indeed, and suspect that the forum might be better off without them.

SuburbanDharma
Traveler

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: tiger79]
      #1451396 - 10/30/12 04:07 PM (75.181.165.239)

Well that was mean! Sometimes it's hard to express one's self, not to mention difficult to decide if one will be comfortable without clothes on in public.

Helpful suggestions for whatever questions people CAN answer would be nicer than judgment just because you're having a hard time understanding what someone else is going through.

Lots of people would LIKE to try nudism but need a very slow, gradual introduction. If that means being naked "in public" for a while before becoming comfortable enough to interact with people, then who are we to judge if that's "odd" or "normal"?

A little empathy goes a long way.

--------------------
If I can't be a good example, I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Durathror
Traveler

#1451408 - 10/30/12 04:23 PM (66.194.221.210)

Quote:

tiger79 said:
Exactly! I find his posts very odd indeed, and suspect that the forum might be better off without them.

That's uncalled for. I agree that the post have been articulated at best and poorly thought out at worst, but I don't think that warrants the response you gave.

I am still confused as to why the OP is spending all the effort into getting his wife to go nude in a new way when he isn't going nude in the way she is already.

--------------------

UncleAl32
Traveler

#1451440 - 10/30/12 05:41 PM (68.124.182.183)

I only hope that neither Nouth, nor anyone else, found MY post offensive. I'm just trying to understand his reasoning.

If he and his wife are really serious about wishing to be nude in public but not have any social interaction with other naked people, my recommendation (and I'm very serious) would be to cancel this trip, wait until next May, and then go to Harbin Hot Springs in Northern California. Though it's not a nudist resort, almost everyone goes nude in the pool area, with conversation FORBIDDEN in the mineral pools. My wife and I have been going there 2-3 times each summer for the past 10 years or so, and the number of conversations we've had with anyone but each other I can count on one, maybe both hands!

tiger79
Traveler

Loc: England
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: SuburbanDharma]
      #1451551 - 10/31/12 06:06 AM (86.134.103.240)

Quote:

SuburbanDharma said:
Lots of people would LIKE to try nudism but need a very slow, gradual introduction. If that means being naked "in public" for a while before becoming comfortable enough to interact with people, then who are we to judge if that's "odd" or "normal"?

But, as I read the OP's posts, he has no intention of being naked himself, but wants to persuade his reluctant wife to be naked in public. That does sound very strange to me.

SuburbanDharma
Traveler

#1451566 - 10/31/12 08:47 AM (75.181.165.239)

The way I read that is that he's far too self conscious to disrobe in public but since his wife seems to be a little more comfortable with it, he'd like to encourage her.

It's extremely difficult for some overweight people to accept that being nude is ok. Maybe it will take years of his wife enjoying the experience, maybe getting comfortable socializing nude, before the OP realizes that it's ok at any shape or size and can enjoy the experience with her. Maybe he'll never loosen up enough to do it himself. But if she enjoys it & he enjoys that SHE enjoys it, it's still not for others to judge whether it's ok, it's just their preference.

I think it's extremely important to recognize how uncomfortable it can be for some people to even THINK about being nude in public. So the OP probably is intrigued, impressed, and astonished by his wife's willingness to try it. What's wrong with his encouraging that?

I assume people are concerned that he's some kind of perv who just wants to see his wife nude in public places. Only by seeing how "normal" it is for people to be textile-free will he realize that this is not about nudity per se, but rather about the natural feeling of not wearing clothes that some people enjoy. Without judgment or perversion.

I just think it's best to give people the benefit of the doubt until they give you a reason not to.

--------------------

Durathror
Traveler

#1451570 - 10/31/12 09:00 AM (66.194.221.210)

SuburbanDharma, that was very well said and not an angle I had thought of. I know that I would not be appreciative if my wife were to encourage me to be nude in a more populated area were she not comfortable being nude in a secluded area. However, that doesn't mean everyone would feel that way.

--------------------

nouth
Traveler

#1451590 - 10/31/12 10:42 AM (71.85.112.171)

Geez folks, get a grip, I just asked a question. I was not seeking psychoanalysis. I thought this was a place where one could ask questions and have kind people help him with answers. That had been my experience until now.

For the past five years we lived in a home that had a private swimming pool and my wife came to love being outdoors around the pool free of clothing. We had to relocate this past year and she misses her pool. She will enjoy the beaches of St. Martin but I was trying to find a way for her to enjoy herself without the press of a throng of others around her. Now I could have said all that in my original post but it contributed nothing to the basic question I asked.

So please, you will be far more helpful here if you will just answer a posterís question and not seek to give counsel about what you perceive to be his personal problems.

------------------------
He who responds to a matter before he understands it, to him it is both a folly and a shame. (Proverbs 18:13)

Durathror
Traveler

#1451592 - 10/31/12 10:51 AM (66.194.221.210)

Quote:

nouth said:
For the past five years we lived in a home that had a private swimming pool and my wife came to love being outdoors around the pool free of clothing. We had to relocate this past year and she misses her pool. She will enjoy the beaches of St. Martin but I was trying to find a way for her to enjoy herself without the press of a throng of others around her.

Ockham's razor - go back to Happy Bay. She enjoyed being nude there before so you are just about guaranteed it will be enjoyable the next time as well.

--------------------

SuburbanDharma
Traveler

#1451675 - 10/31/12 03:11 PM (75.181.165.239)

Quote:

nouth said:

So please, you will be far more helpful here if you will just answer a posterís question and not seek to give counsel about what you perceive to be his personal problems.

------------------------
He who responds to a matter before he understands it, to him it is both a folly and a shame. (Proverbs 18:13)

Point taken. My apologies.

--------------------

ChunkyDunkin
Traveler

Loc: Great PacNW
      #1451852 - 11/01/12 08:28 AM (208.78.52.214)

Havn't heard anything recently on condition/waves at happy bay but the waves have been running high on that side of the island. Very calm on east side. There's hardly any wind at all now, 7:30 am, in Oyster Pond.
Doing Peggy n Paul tommorrow so will get a chance to see what conditon Happy Bay is in.
Some jellyfish in the Club O beach water yesterday so not alot of folks getting wet.
Lots of solitude down toward Papagayos on 2nd or 3rd row back.

UncleAl32
Traveler

#1451957 - 11/01/12 02:17 PM (68.124.182.247)

Again, I apologize if Nouth or anyone else took offense to my responses. However:

Quote:

nouth said:
For the past five years we lived in a home that had a private swimming pool and my wife came to love being outdoors around the pool free of clothing. We had to relocate this past year and she misses her pool. She will enjoy the beaches of St. Martin but I was trying to find a way for her to enjoy herself without the press of a throng of others around her. Now I could have said all that in my original post but it contributed nothing to the basic question I asked.

Sorry, but I disagree. Had you included the first three sentences with your original post, it would have put everything into context and made perfect sense. Over the years, I have known women who enjoy being nude outdoors but go to great lengths to ensure privacy.

In my experience with nudist venues, I've found that most nudists are extroverts. As one gal I met put it, "You meet people at nudist resorts." So your wife is onto something. My earlier recommendation still stands. Visit Club O in swimsuits or other clothing, then decide once you're there whether to disrobe or not.

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
Re: Club O first-timer [Re: UncleAl32]
      #1451966 - 11/01/12 02:46 PM (69.250.111.143)

I agree that the context helps tremendously....

So in response:

We were very similar in situation. We have a swimming pool at home in a protected, private part of our property and would enjoy skinny dipping when our two kids went to sleep in the evenings, or were away with friends on a weekend day.

In 1998 we went on a cruise (our first) and St. Martin was the last port of call. After doing the 12 Metre Challenge and some Front St. shopping, we took a cab over to Orient Beach to "see what it was all about"...

We were dropped off at Pedro's and walked over to the Perch beach bar at the North end of Club Orient's property, got drinks, and the bar tender answered our questions:
- day guests are most welcome
- find two empty chairs with no personal items or colored wristbands on them and just sit down
- the beach boys will come by and collect the $15 fee for the day (now $20).

We picked a location halfway up the beach in the second row and settled in. Within 5 minutes my wife was topless. Two minutes later she was standing there in the buff saying "that water looks inviting, you going to join me?"

My swimsuit hit the sand and we ran into that beautiful, clear, blue/green 82*F water hand in hand and laughing like kids again.

We have been back at Club Orient for a week every year since and our now late 20s daughters go with us whenever they can.

We found that going nude in public the first time was MUCH easier at Club Orient Beach because nearly EVERYONE else was already nude. We think this is because you are joining the majority and no longer feel you are standing out in the crowd when you take off your clothes.

We highly recommend you do as we did and go to Club Orient's beach.

--------------------
Bill

Unregistered

Re: Club O first-timer [Re: Bill_S]
      #1452028 - 11/01/12 05:28 PM (76.188.24.229)

One question, if given an option to Club Orient, what would be the next best choice? ie: beach access, room quality, etc.

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
      #1452064 - 11/01/12 08:02 PM (69.250.111.143)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
One question, if given an option to Club Orient, what would be the next best choice? ie: beach access, room quality, etc.

For going nude and skinny dipping, the Club Orient beach is the place. For staying off-site and then heading to Club O each day for the beach, our daughters stayed at Townhouses Menorca twice, and Caribbean Princess once, both in Orient Village. Jim Ruos (a TTOL Sponsor) made the reservations and handled the details at no added cost to us.

Renting the two girls an umbrella and a pair of chairs on the Club Orient beach near us cost $100 for seven days.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Bill

Unregistered

#1452084 - 11/01/12 08:46 PM (50.73.34.197)

Bill
Your experience is near identical to ours. My quickly halfway and both us totally soon after and in teh water. and back many years thereafter.

Our kids found a Club O bag and we just said they were giving em away. How did you get your kids. We have adult and monor kids and we don't know how to let them in. We think we will wait until they are all adults.

NickR
Sponsor

Loc: Leverick Bay
      #1452225 - 11/02/12 02:11 PM (69.57.233.61)

Quote:

SuburbanDharma said:
Well that was mean! Sometimes it's hard to express one's self, not to mention difficult to decide if one will be comfortable without clothes on in public.

Helpful suggestions for whatever questions people CAN answer would be nicer than judgment just because you're having a hard time understanding what someone else is going through.

A little empathy goes a long way.

Hear Hear Kristine

--------------------
Nick Willis
"Mine Host"
Leverick Bay Resort & Marina

BillandElaine
Traveler

Loc: St Maarten
      #1452265 - 11/02/12 05:26 PM (200.7.50.27)

nouth -

Give Cupecoy beach a try. No crowds and there is usually plenty of space to be on your own if you like.

--------------------
Elaine
God Bless the broken road....

Unregistered

#1452302 - 11/02/12 08:16 PM (76.188.24.229)

Thanks for the helpful information.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 3289

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline