Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Caliente Tampa at New Years - Anyone ever been?
      #1458921 - 11/30/12 06:26 PM (107.9.16.124)

Looking for a review of past New Years Eve events at Caliente Tampa? Good/Bad?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sxmnude
Traveler

Re: Caliente Tampa at New Years - Anyone ever been? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1459171 - 12/02/12 07:51 AM (98.121.76.134)

It's one of Caliente's biggest events with huge attendance. That being said, it's our least favorite event at Caliente. It's pricey, food average at best, Bobby Friss band is good. If you're a nudist, you will not enjoy; you'll see maybe 1-2 people nude out of a thousand people. Save your $ and go to Caliente on a normal weekend to get the true flavor of Caliente.

Unregistered

Re: Caliente Tampa at New Years - Anyone ever been? [Re: sxmnude]
      #1459317 - 12/02/12 08:35 PM (98.121.76.134)

Now that Caliente is a swingers resort and not a nudist resort, very few people are nude during the evening. We were there several weeks ago on a Saturday night and never saw any nudity. I've seen more skin at International Mall.

Unregistered

#1460282 - 12/05/12 10:44 PM (173.8.28.93)

wow, i thought it was aanr resort. i had no idea it had changed and it was a swinger resort. when did that happen? i would expect it to be the opposite-------998 nude people and two clothed. i would think the swingers would enjoy being nude, otherwise they could all go to the local holiday inn. that is a disappointing thing to hear. didnt alot of people buy places there----under the idea aanr nudist community-----guess the grandkids cant visit grandma anymore.

Unregistered

#1460372 - 12/06/12 11:11 AM (108.33.44.110)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
wow, i thought it was aanr resort. i had no idea it had changed and it was a swinger resort. when did that happen? i would expect it to be the opposite-------998 nude people and two clothed. i would think the swingers would enjoy being nude, otherwise they could all go to the local holiday inn. that is a disappointing thing to hear. didnt alot of people buy places there----under the idea aanr nudist community-----guess the grandkids cant visit grandma anymore.

Loosely translated, what you are implying is that under the cover of darkness, Navy Seal Team 6 launched a surgical strike on the kiddie playground near the hotel, deconstructing the swings and the slippy-slide that Paris Hilton made famous in a 2004 episode of The Simple Life 2.

I beg to differ. Unless one has an agenda or is exhaustively spending the wee hours of the morning prowling the conversation pool, they will find Caliente as mainstream nudist as any other resort on both sides of the Atlantic. By way of comparison, nearly everyone dresses for the evening in Cap d' Adge, France.

Unregistered

#1460483 - 12/06/12 06:55 PM (100.1.17.17)

We used to visit Caliente frequently. We've stopped going because I became uncomfortable with the amount of swinging activities there. We were approached several times, once very inappropriately. They also market their activities to appeal to the swinger crowd.

That being said, it is a beautiful facility and I miss it. You could probably have a good time there as a nudist if you avoid the evening dances and the conversation pool at night.

Unregistered

#1460496 - 12/06/12 07:35 PM (173.8.28.93)

conversation pool----do you mean the pool by the hot tub? or the smaller pool out by the tiki-like bar?

Unregistered

#1460643 - 12/07/12 12:59 PM (96.56.29.154)

The smaller meandering pool up top near the hot tub. And by all means, AVOID the hot tub at night if you don't want to see swinging activity or get hit on!

Unregistered

#1460854 - 12/08/12 11:09 AM (107.9.16.124)

Thanks for the replies.....sounds like the daytime might be packed and ok but the nighttime might not be exactly what we thought especially around the hot tub......the hotel is sold out so maybe we'll visit during the day, have dinner and play by ear when the crowd arrives.

Wcstflyer
Traveler

Loc: California/Florida
      #1461036 - 12/09/12 09:14 AM (108.33.44.110)

After this ambivalent evaluation of the resort, one must expect that somewhere in the desolate frozen expanse of northern Alaska there sits an igloo with a couple huddled inside, dreaming of Florida and the Caliente conversation pool on the upper terrace.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2757

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline