Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Caliente or Cypress cove [Re: Anonymous]
      #1477432 - 02/06/13 06:43 PM (107.9.16.124)

Depends on the night whether anyone is at the bar.

For dinner, it was a mix of clothed couples, nude couples, mixed couples, clothed couples who converted to nude after sitting (easy to do attire). I think Thursday is Nude night - free glass of wine to the disrobed. That seemed to alter the balance scale towards nude. No biggie either way but while we love it is can be less comfortable to be the only ones inthe buff. I think thats while there are some converters once they sit down.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ChuckG
Traveler

Loc: PA
      #1477551 - 02/07/13 07:49 AM (71.42.28.180)

Good advice on the dress variation. For sure the warmer the lesser! It'll be fairly quiet at night for most of your stay since it's during the week. You'll just miss the Monday night dance which usually winds down around 10 (reflecting the average age here I guess). You'll probably spend some time Tuesday and Wednesday nights at Cheeks, typically more nudity there compared to Lakeside. Tuesday is Taco night, 3 Tacos for less than 5 bucks so that draws a crowd. Not much going on Wed. night so plan to meet folks in the hot tub!

--------------------
Chuck and Joni

Unregistered

#1477682 - 02/07/13 12:18 PM (75.85.217.32)

Surprised an established naturist resort would have to have a "nude night" and offers of free wine for those who disrobe. Seems to me that everyone would be nude at this resort 24/7. If not why go. Anyway sounds like a place wife and I need to put on our bucket list.

ChuckG
Traveler

Loc: PA
      #1477802 - 02/07/13 05:17 PM (71.42.28.180)

Agreed but one main reason is that it gets chilly at night in the winter! It's to each his own, nude is fine if you're warm-blooded.
Quote:

Anonymous said:
Surprised an established naturist resort would have to have a "nude night" and offers of free wine for those who disrobe. Seems to me that everyone would be nude at this resort 24/7. If not why go. Anyway sounds like a place wife and I need to put on our bucket list.

--------------------
Chuck and Joni

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
      #1477832 - 02/07/13 06:13 PM (69.255.103.102)

Quote:

Anonymous said:

We last went there a few years ago and the bar chat was that management was trying to encourage more nudity at dinner and to send a subtle message that it was not only allowed but welcomed.

It seems that at the time a lot of members were dressing for dinner and while that was OK, the resort also wanted to encourage those who wished to dine nude so that everyone was comfortable in their choice...

--------------------
Bill

Unregistered

Re: Caliente or Cypress cove [Re: Bill_S]
      #1477878 - 02/07/13 08:53 PM (107.9.16.124)

I've only been there in winter ---- so that has a big influence when it is in the 50's on some nasty night.

The pool and all other activities seems to be in the buff all day.

JRS
Unregistered

#1477881 - 02/07/13 09:09 PM (65.27.97.211)

Thanks for the headsup on the first time visitors, stay 2 nights , get the third free. I E-Mailed the resort and they have adjusted my reservation to reflect the discount.

DenitaLC
Traveler

Loc: WA State
Re: Caliente or Cypress cove [Re: JRS]
      #1477912 - 02/07/13 11:46 PM (71.231.238.37)

You are very welcome! Glad you could take advantage of it....more $$ for other fun on your trip!

Wcstflyer
Traveler

Loc: California/Florida
Re: Caliente or Cypress cove [Re: JRS]
      #1478100 - 02/08/13 02:31 PM (142.136.3.198)

Caliente may have been out-voted by Cypress Cove but they still hold the Super Bowl record for attracting the media. Here is a link to last night's O'Reilly Factor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4rxcdau4w

For those not familiar, Jesse Watters is what's known in the business as an "ambush journalist." A favorite tactic of his is to stick a microphone into the face of a trailer park resident with two front incisors missing and ask them to expound and differentiate on the economic theories of John Maynard Keynes and Arthur Laffer.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2744

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline