Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
BruceS
Traveler

N-Resort Trip Report
      #1485655 - 02/28/13 02:03 PM (184.58.204.107)

I just returned home from a week at N-resort and thought I would post my impressions.

First off, the resort buildings remind me of many Up North Wisconsin resorts. The rooms are all finished in knotty pine and have massive beams. Like most resorts we see in Up North Wisconsin, the resort is showing some age (I do not think this is necessarily bad). I spoke to other guests from Michigan and Canada, and we all had the same impression. The guests from Michigan thought it looked like Up North Michigan, the guests from Canada thought it looked like every fishing resort in Canada.

Being this is an older resort, the plantings around the resort have had a chance to mature. This means the grounds are lush. They have many types of tropical plants around the resort. The gardener is very proud of his work (and should be), and will be happy to show you around and talk about it. I won't go into detail, but if you go, be sure to look around and talk to the gardener.

They have a nice beach. You would never confuse it with Orient Beach, but it is head and shoulders above the beach at Hidden Beach. It was a white sand beach, with a gentle slope into the water. There are a few rocks, but nothing that can't be avoided. Nobody needed water shoes to go into the ocean. The water was calm in the morning, and I was able to use one of the available kayaks then, but by early afternoon, the water was too rough for that. There was never a problem swimming in the surf. The resort had workers on the beach all day, raking up the seaweed.

The pool is large enough that early in the day, people could swim laps (not me, that's too much like work). They have a large slide, which is a blast. A common activity is a slide compition to see who can slide down the fastest. The fastest time I saw was 5.5 seconds, my best was 6.02 seconds. There was daily volley ball played in the pool.

I think the food was great. I tried to stick to local foods, so I ate a lot of seafood, jerked meats, and fresh fruits and vegetables. I ate in the Italian resturant one evening and had a seafood pasta, which was very good. Most evenings I ate in the main dining room. On Jamaica night we ate Curried Goat, Braised Oxtail and breaded Conch, it was delightful. They have a different menu for each night in the main dining room. If you go, be sure to try the Blackened Snapper the night it is offered, it was superb. The liquor was good and plentiful.

The people working at the resort are all friendly and helpful. They want their guests to be treated just as good as anyone staying at the large resorts. We rode a large bus from the airport. N-Resort is the first stop the bus makes. Because they have a small driveway, the bus driver wanted to drop us off on the street outside of the resort. The gate keeper told the bus driver in no uncertain terms that he had to drive in, we were not to be treated as second class just because this is a small older place. We were properly delivered to the front door and greeted with beer and rum punch, the same as other all inclusive naturist resorts we have been to. We got our keys, and then had to wait for someone to take our bags, they would not allow us to carry them because we the guests.

I am sure that I have missed something, but that is all I can think of now.

All told, it was a delightful time, and we will go back.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Unregistered

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: BruceS]
      #1485973 - 03/01/13 12:15 PM (76.10.175.134)

Nice review. We also spent a week there, 14-21, and our review is posted under N-Holidays Resort. You certainly captured a lot of the positive features of the resort. We also will go back.

DarkDiggler
Traveler

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: Anonymous]
      #1486044 - 03/01/13 02:18 PM (5.104.75.19)

Good review.

N resort is priced right, is ultra convenient, and the only other place besides St Martin where you can take leisurely au naturel walks.

Glad you enjoyed!!

sand
Traveler

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: DarkDiggler]
      #1486078 - 03/01/13 03:42 PM (76.4.212.76)

Where is N Resort?

Unregistered

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: sand]
      #1486093 - 03/01/13 04:21 PM (76.10.175.134)

It's in Falmouth, Jamaica, about 45 mins from Sangster airport, Montego Bay.

chazo
Traveler

#1486151 - 03/01/13 08:03 PM (108.95.156.172)

Resort web site: http://www.n-holidays.com/

mickeyandmary
Traveler

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: chazo]
      #1486658 - 03/03/13 11:38 AM (67.142.163.21)

We have been looking for this resort for a while now.
What tour companies offer it ?
Where do they fly out of ?
What cost benefit is it for booking thru a tour operator?
What is the beach like for walking nude ?
What snorkelling is there ?

Halfwindy
Traveler

Loc: Milwaukee, Wi.
Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: mickeyandmary]
      #1486671 - 03/03/13 12:02 PM (66.97.119.23)

"What tour companies offer it ?"
Google N Resort Jamaica.

"Where do they fly out of ?"
Any airport that has flights to Jamaica. I don't believe the charter co's that offer N have direct flights to Montego Bay. We used ATA thru Atlanta.

"What cost benefit is it for booking thru a tour operator?"
You'll have to compare prices yourself.

"What is the beach like for walking nude ?"
Facing the ocean, you can walk for 2 miles as nature intended without seeing another person or civilization.

"What snorkelling is there ?"
There is a reef of shore that is ok. (Provided the water is calm enough}

Unregistered

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: mickeyandmary]
      #1486755 - 03/03/13 04:35 PM (76.10.175.134)

We booked through Expedia and flew Westjet from Toronto. There are recent reviews on N- Holidays Resorts as well as a comprehensive thread on the Falmouth forum on Tripadvisor. Ask on.

chazo
Traveler

#1486783 - 03/03/13 05:50 PM (108.95.156.172)

We booked in December via Expedia and have booked a trip in May via Travelocity. In both cases we booked a vacation package including airfare and it was considerably cheaper than any other option. The package discount was over $400 in both cases.

In Expedia, you can search on the home page for N Resort Falmouth and you can find the hotel page. If you are booking a vacation package, tell it you want to travel to Falmouth, Jamaica and it will take you right to N Resort.

On Travelocity, for any search of Jamaica hotels, enter "natural" for "Hotel name contains" and it will take you right to it. Lately, Travelocity has taken to giving me an initial page of "choice" Jamaica hotels first and I have to hit View More Hotels to see more than that first 10.

I very much hope others will find this resort and book it. We loved our trip and are heading back for a longer one. But, with occupancy so low, I don't see how then can be that long for the world and their marketing is PATHETIC, so not many people know about this resort. When we went, the first thing people would always ask when you met was "how did you find out about this place?"

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 13265

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline