Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Halfwindy
Traveler

Loc: Milwaukee, Wi.
Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: chazo]
      #1486801 - 03/03/13 06:19 PM (66.97.119.23)

"But, with occupancy so low, I don't see how then can be that long for the world and their marketing is PATHETIC, so not many people know about this resort"

The newest review on Trip Advisor Falmouth states that there were 60 people staying there the week it was reviewed. That's a lot more than when we stayed there.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
banude
Traveler

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: Halfwindy]
      #1486832 - 03/03/13 07:28 PM (173.164.246.58)

We visited in February. The beach walk is fine, but it's not a gorgeous, idyllic romp on a secluded, amazing beach. You've read that there are boys raking the beach at the resort all day long to clear the seaweed, right? There isn't anybody doing that on this 2 mile beach walk.... We made a point of checking the tide tables and taking our walks at low tide, at least then you can walk on clean, wet sand rather than seaweed and trash. Inland of most of the beach walk is dilapidated buildings, chain link fencing, or thick overgrowth. I would say at it's widest point at low tide, the sand is probably 20' between the water and the bushes, fences, trash and seaweed. We enjoyed it enough to do it twice, but it wasn't because of the scenery, we did it because we could walk nude on the beach for 2 miles.

Oh, and by the reports we heard, the snorkeling is pathetic. Don't plan on much. We're SCUBA divers, so we don't get too spun up about snorkeling, but even the people that made the effort came back sorely disappointed. We were on the 2nd floor of block 10, which gave us a nice view into the calm waters, and as far as I'd be comfortable swimming out to sea it was nothing more than sand and sea grass. There may be an opportunity to go out on a snorkel boat to a better area, but what was just off the resort beach didn't look good for snorkeling.

Edited by banude (03/03/13 07:31 PM)

Unregistered

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: banude]
      #1486845 - 03/03/13 07:51 PM (107.9.16.124)

Snorkeling is great in a pool. As a Scuba Diver, I get all worked up about snorkeling because there is great freedom in no tanks, weights, BC, etc not to mention the safety risk that we all train for with diving. I only love Scuba when there is something to see that I can not surface dive to. I've never scuba dove naked, but I have snorkeled.

mickeyandmary
Traveler

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: Anonymous]
      #1486881 - 03/03/13 09:35 PM (67.142.163.27)

I have read about theme night a couple of times

What are they and how many are there ?
This resort is looking very good to us

banude
Traveler

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: mickeyandmary]
      #1486919 - 03/03/13 11:08 PM (173.164.246.58)

Theme nights are listed on the website, there's a theme for every night. During our stay, I'd estimate that 20% of the guests dressed according to the theme.

chazo
Traveler

#1487048 - 03/04/13 11:15 AM (108.95.156.172)

Quote:

Halfwindy said:
The newest review on Trip Advisor Falmouth states that there were 60 people staying there the week it was reviewed. That's a lot more than when we stayed there.

That's 10 times as many as when we were there. But, it's also less than 30% occupancy during high season, which is bad. Meanwhile, Hidden Beach is sold out (and is much more expensive) and Club Orient is sold out in all but two room categories. They really need to learn how to market this place properly.

Halfwindy
Traveler

Loc: Milwaukee, Wi.
Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: chazo]
      #1487050 - 03/04/13 11:22 AM (66.97.119.23)

If I'm not mistaken, N is still run by the Jamaican government. Name a government that knows anything about business.

Unregistered

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: banude]
      #1487082 - 03/04/13 01:03 PM (76.10.175.134)

Quote:

banude said:
Theme nights are listed on the website, there's a theme for every night. During our stay, I'd estimate that 20% of the guests dressed according to the theme.

That's because the others were there NOT to dress.

banude
Traveler

Re: N-Resort Trip Report [Re: Anonymous]
      #1487087 - 03/04/13 01:10 PM (173.164.246.58)

Actually, probably another 70% wore clothing that you might see at any Caribbean textile resort, and the last 10% wore nothing or just a towel.

chazo
Traveler

#1487118 - 03/04/13 02:18 PM (108.95.156.172)

Quote:

Halfwindy said:
If I'm not mistaken, N is still run by the Jamaican government. Name a government that knows anything about business.

Unless it has been sold (there are rumors), the property is owned by the Development Bank of Jamaica. It is in receivership. They have been trying to sell it for several years now (anyone got $10M to spend?) They are leasing it to Franklin D. Rance, who is running it. He originally built it as FDR Pebbles resort and owned it before it was taking into receivership and I assume they figure they are better off letting him continue to run the resort rather than letting it go empty (and return to nature pretty quickly). Rance is the same guy as FDR Resort and if you book N, you will do so through the FDR Resort people.

I would assume that, since it could be sold at any time, that they don't want to invest in marketing. I think that's an unwise choice, since they could likely be filling the resort more in the short term and maybe buy it back (they owed $4.5M, BTW).

Interestingly enough, the resort had been for sale at http://www.liquidateitja.com/properties.php for a couple years, but is not listed now. That may be a sign it has been sold.

Gleaner article about the property (early 2012)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 13290

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline