Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison
      #1491644 - 03/17/13 06:14 PM (107.9.16.124)

Thinking of trying something other than Club O and the clothing optional part of Breezes caught our eye

Please make your case for Breezes or Club O if you've been to both

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Cathyg
Traveler

Loc: Missouri
Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Anonymous]
      #1491697 - 03/17/13 09:50 PM (67.142.164.21)

We are returning to club orient for the 12th time in two weeks...YEAH!

We have been to Breezes negril twice in the past two years and plan to NEVER return.

Simply put...there is NO comparison.

Breezes is an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. The rooms are perfectly adequate, the food is mediocre, the wine is disgusting, the pool is pathetic, the beach is horrible. Yeah...that about covers it. The service is mediocre at best. Superclubs has been trying to sell this resort for years. They have cut the staff to a bare minimum and and are barely maintaining the facilities. The pool is extremely small, (my above ground 24 round pool is bigger) and it leaks so there is a hose running in it constantly to keep the water level up. There are never enough chairs around the pool for everyone to sit in. The bar service sucks. The beach is small and full of tree roots. The water is rocky and has tons of seaweed. The decks on the rooms are barely big enough to sit on. We only went back the second time because we won a free week.
Now...if you want to use the textile pool and beach...it is wonderful. But if you want a nude vacation...skip this resort and RUN back to Club Orient!

banude
Traveler

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Cathyg]
      #1491724 - 03/17/13 10:57 PM (173.164.246.58)

sounds great! Since you didn't mention it, the beds must be perfect, huh?

;)

(I think I'll cross Breezes of our list too)

Cathyg
Traveler

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: banude]
      #1491725 - 03/17/13 11:04 PM (67.142.164.21)

lol...the beds are fine...lol

I hate to sound so negative but we were so terribly disappointed. We had gone to Grand lido Braco...aka Breezes rio buenos...for 11 years and when it closed they moved us to Breezes negril. We were led to believe breezes grand negril was going to be even better than Braco....not even a close second!

Unregistered

#1491737 - 03/18/13 12:01 AM (107.9.16.124)

Are there any othe C/O options in Negril that you have tried out? Anything better than breezes?

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1491768 - 03/18/13 09:11 AM (72.59.124.6)

Kathy--is Breezes Negril what used to be Grand Lido Negril?

chazo
Traveler

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1491770 - 03/18/13 09:19 AM (108.95.155.106)

Why specifically Negril? Couples Negril has a clothing optional area. Keep in mind that there is one massive difference from Club Orient: Club O is a clothing optional resort; you can be nude anywhere and everywhere. Breezes and Couples have limited clothing optional areas. If you are looking for a resort in Jamaica where you can go nude all of the time, like in Club O, look at N Resort in Falmouth. It is not as luxurious as some resorts, but it is reasonably priced and the staff will work hard to please since the occupancy tends to be low.

Cathyg
Traveler

#1491776 - 03/18/13 09:44 AM (67.142.164.27)

We have been to hedo 2 twice which is next door to Breezes negril....and has a great pool and hottub but the beach on the "nude" side is not great and the resort is a party resort. We toured couples negril which is on the other side of brezzes negril...which is very nice and is certainly better than breezes negril....but it too has some issues

Carol...exactly. It is now Breezes Grand Negril. If they would just make the textile side of the resort nude...it would be so much better. But the nude side really sucks.

I guess the bottom line is...it depends on what you are looking for in a resort. CLub orient is in a league of its own...not to say it is perfect. But it is very hard to compare an all inclusive resort in Jamaica to a non all inclusive resort in St. MArtin...lol Two entirely different kinds of vacations.
Most all inclusive resorts have a nude beach, pool and hottub. But you must be clothed to go anywhere else on the resort...restaurants, stores, etc. The food tends to be mediocre and the liquor tends to be mediocre as well.

Club Orient has no pool or hottub or tv...so the atmosphere has already changed. You have the option of never putting on clothes if you never leave the resort. You have the option of putting on clothes and eating at some truly wonderful restaurants. Going to St. Martin has always been more expensive then going to an all inclusive resort for us but I could see that if you chose to cook your own meals and never leave the resort you could save a lot of money. So it really depends on the kind of vacation that is best for you.

In addtition to breezes negril and hedo 2 and club orient, we have been to couples ocho rios, hidden beach resort, desires, and what used to be hedo 3 and grand lido braco.

The best nude all inclusive resort in my opinion was clearly Grand Lido Braco...it is now a family resort.

The worst nude all inclusive resort in my opinion is Breezes grand negril. Now...if I had no other choice to go on a nude vacation would I go back to breezes grand negril...yes. But thankfully...I have club Orient.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1491790 - 03/18/13 10:36 AM (71.101.41.196)

I can see why you were disappointed in Negril, especially when they told you it was better than Braco. Wow, for nude facilities, someone was smoking some funny stuff to say that! Way back when, when we went to GLN, it was prude side and clothing optional side, not mandatory nude. Back then, the service was great, the food was great. Yes, the c/o pool at GLN was the size roughly of the nude hot tub at Braco. And the c/o beach was kind of up and down, with tree roots, etc. and there were some rocks in the water, not bad though. I don't know whether they still have the yacht or not, but that was a cool excursion, bad in the day. Sorry to hear that it seems to have gone down so much since then.

Cathyg
Traveler

#1491843 - 03/18/13 01:28 PM (67.142.164.24)

Carol,...I believe it is still actually clothing optional and not nude. Steve tripped on one of the tree roots on the beach and it took the entire end of his big toe off...on our last day. It almost seemed appropriate..lol
You can still take the nude cruise from hedo 2 next door but not from Breezes.
When we were there last November there were so many rumors concerning the future of this resort. They are trying desperately to sell it. Which makes for a limited, defeated staff. Need I say more?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 5065

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline