Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Cathyg]
      #1491846 - 03/18/13 01:41 PM (71.101.41.196)

Sorry to hear that Steve got hurt. That can't have endeared the resort to you either..

Actually, I wasn't talking about the nude cruise, I was talking about the cruise on the yacht which used to belong to (I think) Aristotle Onassis. It was a classy sunset cruise, where one was expected to dress in resort wear, and they served champagne and I think appetizers. Back then, GLN was nicknamed "the Grand Yuppie", as that was the crowd they catered to, many thought. I think I remember hearing that they sold the yacht a while ago.

I do get what you're saying about how sale rumors can really hurt the morale of the staff though.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Don
Traveler

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1491889 - 03/18/13 04:44 PM (99.235.252.140)

This is a copy of a review I did for another travel site:

We were recently at BGN. (Sept. 25th -Oct. 2). We had read a lot of the reviews and have been to a number of resorts in Jamaica so we had a good idea of what we were getting into.

We went with Air Canada Vacations and the flight down left on time. Breezes doesn't provide free transportation any more. Now you go to the ACV rep. who sends you outside to another rep who directs you to the proper bus. They are nice big buses so the air conditioning and the ride is good. The trade-off is that we had to make 2 quick stops to drop off other guests at hotels along the way.

It seemed a little disorganized at check-in, but we got upgraded to a beach cove room for no charge. It seemed like they were trying to get people to stay in the cove suites but most declined. For us it was great. Our room looked right over the C/O beach, which is where we spent all of our beach time. It was usually pretty full with most nude, some topless and a very few clothed. Drinks were good at the bar and of course the lamb chops were fantastic.

Yes the rooms and the furniture are dated and we had the jacuzzi tub with the steps. For us the furniture wasn't an issue. It was mostly in good repair just old and dark looking. The king-size bed we had was comfortable. Although the tub is a little awkward to get in we found that if you held on to the hand bar and used the proper foot to get in it wasn't an issue.

We found the food overall to be good. There was enough selection at breakfast and it was nice to see 2 omelet stations. Lunches were split between the c/o beach grill and the buffet.
Most dinners were good. We went to the Japanese restaurant. It was OK but we have been to better. Had 2 nights at the Grand Cafe and we thought they were the best meals that we had there. The Beach night was OK. The grilled lobster was terrible. It was just mush. The Managers night buffet was better. The worst meal we had was at the French restaurant. The French restaurant is now in a meeting room due to air conditioning problems. The food was good. Service was slow and they ran out of red wine. I don't know how you run out of red wine when you only have one kind. They sent someone to the bar and they came back with 1 bottle. Didn't take long for that bottle to be consumed by the guests. Asked for another glass and they said there was no more. Fine, had desert and coffee and was about to leave when someone came around and asked if we still wanted more wine they would get it. Too Late. The staff also seemed to spend an awful lot of time in the kitchen. Often the was no staff in the restaurant for many minutes.

We found the grounds were kept up nicely and most of the staff was very friendly. It may not be the resort it used to be. It does need updating but for the price we paid it was good value for the money.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Don]
      #1491893 - 03/18/13 05:12 PM (71.101.41.196)

Your report seems different than Cathy's. How would you compare it to the other resorts you have stayed at?

Don
Traveler

#1491962 - 03/18/13 07:54 PM (99.235.252.140)

It isn't as good as Braco was. For me the best is Couples Sans Souci. Love the resort. Great layout and good food. Yes the nude beach is not as nice as Orient but it is more private and less hectic. Next was Braco for the large nude facilities. Refused to go back there when they started charging $80 pp to use the nude side if you weren't booked on the nude side. Then it's Couples Tower Isle. Didn't like it before because the island could be closed for days because of winds. They have a better dock and boat so not as much of an issue. Must be nude on the island. (good thing) Haven't been to Couples Negril but the nude beach area is too exposed for us. You are on the main beach. I didn't mind BGN. We got a good deal and knew what to expect. In fact the C/O beach was a pleasant surprise. More people were nude as apposed to clothed or topless and the beach wasn't all that bad. As mentioned in my report the food at BGN was hit and miss. Bottom of the list is Hedo II but for a different reason. Too crazy for me.

Cathyg
Traveler

Loc: Missouri
Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Don]
      #1492104 - 03/19/13 09:42 AM (67.142.164.27)

Don...I think your report is very accurate and does not differ from mine at all. I agree with your assessment of everything.

Carol....I was giving a comparison between GBN and Club orient...which is a little hard to do when comparing apple to oranges. I much prefer Club Orient to GBN.

My reports I wrote about GBN november 2012 and in november 2011 can be read here
http://public.fotki.com/sphotovacations/

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

#1492119 - 03/19/13 10:14 AM (71.101.41.196)

Cathy--I guess it's just a matter of perspective. I viewed your report on Negril as being very negative and Don's, somewhat positive.

Cathyg
Traveler

#1492128 - 03/19/13 10:34 AM (67.142.164.27)

funny...I viewed his as substantiating what I wrote in nov 2012...lol
not sure how his is any more positive than mine is. He told the positive with the negative. The bottom line for GBN is this...it is an adequate resort...but I would not recommend GBN over Club Orient and that was the original question on this thread.

Now having said that...I know you...Carol...are not a big fan of club o...lol so you may disagree with me!
You enjoy that FLorida weather...it just plain SUCKS here in Missouri!!! I cannot WAIT to get to SXM...lol

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

#1492140 - 03/19/13 10:54 AM (71.101.41.196)

I love the Club O BEACH. I just think the RESORT is overpriced for what it is. I love St. Martin in general, just feel there are a lot better deals to be had on SXM than at Club O.

Cathyg
Traveler

#1492141 - 03/19/13 10:59 AM (67.142.164.27)

lol...seee I knew that!

sphotovacations
Traveler

Loc: St. Louis, MO
      #1492142 - 03/19/13 11:04 AM (130.76.96.152)

Just to add to what Cathy said (this is the Steve half of CathyandSteveG lol), we were pretty disappointed with GBN. When we went there in 2011, we were surprised at the poor service, lack of upkeep, and very poor nude facilites. Like Don, we paid a pretty cheap price so if you put the price you paid in perspective maybe it was not that bad of a deal. We had decided we would not return but then won a free week. We almost did not return even for free. However, the second time we knew what to expect. We went with low expectations and our expectations were met. It was still a trip to Jamaica and we had a very good time. I am confident we will never return to GBN unless major renovations are made. You can tell this was once a very nice resort.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 5062

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline