Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Wcstflyer]
      #1493831 - 03/24/13 12:26 PM (107.9.16.124)

I am definitely flying over and back. Exciting flight and more time in St Barts. In general, a very good safety record. After all, most of the clientele aren't bargain hunters. It is a milk-run back and forth for those guys.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Unregistered

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Anonymous]
      #1494378 - 03/25/13 11:44 PM (107.9.16.124)

Like most things after full vetting on ttol, there is no comparison and club o wins hands down. I still have some folks who've never been to Sam telling me how great their all inclusives on Negritos were. I may go, like some if cheap or free to escape old an winter, but if I'm paying full freight I'm going to orient

Unregistered

#1494380 - 03/25/13 11:47 PM (107.9.16.124)

sorry sxm fans, sam = sxm abd negritos=negril ipad autocorrect bites me again i better check before hitting submit button

Unregistered

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Cathyg]
      #1496637 - 04/02/13 09:37 AM (107.200.178.52)

Club o sounds like the clear winner in this comparison!

chazo
Traveler

#1496907 - 04/03/13 10:30 AM (35.9.140.142)

Though at least one sale has come and gone, the current news is that Breezes Negril is being bought by Blue Diamond Resorts, who are going to end the clothing optional facilities and probably turn the resort family. Some people have reported emails from the resort that clothing optional ends May 1, though everything will happen on Jamaican time, I'm sure.

See: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/UDC-sells-Bloody-Bay-shares-to-SuperClubs_13683782

I think Club O is not only the winner, the competition, at least this competition, has conceded defeat.

chazo
Traveler

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: chazo]
      #1497142 - 04/03/13 10:42 PM (108.95.155.106)

Breezes is officially history. Family resort as of April 17.

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article...in_Jamaica.html

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1497145 - 04/03/13 10:48 PM (72.59.124.6)

Sorry, I don't get it. Why are all these resorts going to family resorts?

DenitaLC
Traveler

Loc: WA State
Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1497165 - 04/04/13 01:13 AM (71.231.238.37)

Quote:

Carol_Hill said:

It didn't work for Vegas so maybe some of these resorts will switch back in time when they start missing nudists dollars! (We can hope, right?!)

chazo
Traveler

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1497201 - 04/04/13 09:18 AM (35.9.140.142)

Quote:

Carol_Hill said:

There are lots of reasons.

1. Companies are like Lemmings. If everyone else is giving loans to people with no money, we should too, right? The current trend seems to be the cheaply run basic family resort and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

2. They fail to understand the concept of demographics. They look and say "what is the largest market?" That's families. Never mind that they are splitting that between a massive number of resorts and rooms rather than a smaller demographic, but with more money and fewer options.

3. They suck at marketing!!!! Superclubs marketing didn't bring in the crowds. Ever seen an ad for Breezes in AANR? N Resort has the same problem.

4. They suck at management. It used to be that Grand Lido Negril was a first class resort. They ran it into the ground and let the quality and perks all slip. It takes skill to run a top-notch resort. That skill is in decline. It takes very little skill to run yet another boring family resort.

Just my thoughts on the matter. The travel industry is hurting everywhere, but they don't seem to understand how to do much about it, so they are bailing on resorts. Then, operations like Blue Diamond sweep in a pick up the resort on the cheap. They run them all the same, so they can market them together and train them employees all the same way. They make them as general and vanilla as possible.

Unregistered

#1497227 - 04/04/13 10:21 AM (107.200.178.52)

The Caribbean islands are full of ups and downs including stalwarts like st Thomas and St. John. Cancel bay has seen its low points. What keeps these places afloat is money and continuous streams. The heat, humidity and hurricanes do a number on facilities.

My guess is the hard core nude demographic is a small one. Sorry, even if it is large, it probably ain't rich enough to hit an island vacation for two weeks every year. Club o it's a stalwart because of its simplicity to keep the facilities in shape. Still no easy task, but they don't have 3 bars and huge pools with waterfalls requiring lots of happy/dependable islanders to keep top shape.

If Sxm can really only keep club o and fantastical up plus some villas and Sxm has 747s from Europe dumping people every day, I don't see how anything in Jamaica or Dom republic keeps afloat for the ong haul. Wishing them all well,,,,,,

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 5059

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline