Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
chazo
Traveler

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Anonymous]
      #1497260 - 04/04/13 12:01 PM (35.9.140.142)

I don't know about that. I think it can potentially be a very lucrative business model. There have been plenty of media reports about the rise of the nakation. Club O has kept itself simple, yes, but it also is nearly always full and often sells out. And, their labor cost is much, much greater than in Jamaica. We've been considering Hidden Beach, but it has been sold out for most of the times we have been able to travel recently, even in low season. Yes, they are smaller, but they are also pretty pricy. Then we go to N and there are 6 guests in the whole resort in high season?

Of course, there is the problem that the demographic is aging. But, that usually means more tourist dollars, not less (for now).

BTW, I found some statistics and Jamaica tourist stopovers annually is more than 3.5 times that of St. Martin. St. Martin does get more cruise ship passengers, though.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Durathror
Traveler

Loc: NC, USA
Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: chazo]
      #1497271 - 04/04/13 12:18 PM (50.124.142.2)

Quote:

chazo said:
Of course, there is the problem that the demographic is aging. But, that usually means more tourist dollars, not less (for now).

That is a problem for every industry in one way or another.

I think you were spot on with your #1 reason in your previous post. It is much easier to go with the herd than against it. Companies like having a road map to success and the more road maps available, the more likely the company is chose that path. Of course, in many ways, its a trap because those road maps are competitors who have figured it out already, so while you may be going with the herd, you are starting at the tail end of the pack. Guess who gets eaten by the lions most often?

Having recently discovered the joy of nudity, I hope that there will be lots of options for years to come. That said, I do realize that it is a niche, and as such, will always be subject to more volatility.

--------------------
There's a small fortune to be made in racing; just start with a large one.

Unregistered

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: chazo]
      #1498426 - 04/08/13 12:12 PM (107.9.16.124)

Like I said, textile resorts can dazzle on one visit, disappoint with poor food, crappy service, or dirty accomodations the next. People usually don't comeback with their valuable once/year vacation dollars to these places.

Add the nude factor and only certain folks are willing to work there so I'm sure it is more difficult to keep at top performance.

And nudists may be willing to overlook a few of the above disappointments but not if they have consistent alternatives which they do.

So, I'd say a Nude resort decline maybe slow at first but steeper later. (NO SCIENTIFIC DATA TO BACK UP THIS HYPOTHESIS)

donald roy
Unregistered

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: Cathyg]
      #1498560 - 04/08/13 05:55 PM (209.105.130.14)

Only place we ever go to is Club O.
Sounds like it is your favorite place.
Is it?
We were thinking of trying other places but it sounds like we have already found the best!!!
We are going down next Tuesday April 16.
What are your plans. Don & Christine

donald roy
Unregistered

Re: Breezes Negril vs Club O - Make a Comparison [Re: donald roy]
      #1498563 - 04/08/13 05:57 PM (209.105.130.14)

Anyone going next week????

Unregistered

#1498593 - 04/08/13 07:49 PM (76.188.24.229)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
The Caribbean islands are full of ups and downs including stalwarts like st Thomas and St. John. Cancel bay has seen its low points. What keeps these places afloat is money and continuous streams. The heat, humidity and hurricanes do a number on facilities.

My guess is the hard core nude demographic is a small one. Sorry, even if it is large, it probably ain't rich enough to hit an island vacation for two weeks every year. Club o it's a stalwart because of its simplicity to keep the facilities in shape. Still no easy task, but they don't have 3 bars and huge pools with waterfalls requiring lots of happy/dependable islanders to keep top shape.

If Sxm can really only keep club o and fantastical up plus some villas and Sxm has 747s from Europe dumping people every day, I don't see how anything in Jamaica or Dom republic keeps afloat for the ong haul. Wishing them all well,,,,,,

I think you are referring to Caneel Bay-St. John? Have been there twice, best snorkeling in the world, right off the beach. The resort seems to be running on auto-pilot with the most unhappy employees I have ever seen. They only extend themselves to the uptight, monied crowd from New York, New England. The watersports staff was very good, I think they are an independent operation? Salomon Beach used to be nude, but for some reason even though it is difficult to get to, those that did, seemed to be determined to eliminate it as a nude beach by complaining to the rangers. Last time we visited there was no nude use, except for me!

Unregistered

#1498651 - 04/08/13 11:36 PM (107.9.16.124)

Right - Old Caneel Bay Plantation - Agree -- I have snorkeled in that crystal clear, calm water. Salomon sounds like it would have been a great draw for me, guess I missed it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 5036

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline