Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain?
      #1496889 - 04/03/13 09:19 AM (209.105.130.14)

To me C O means wear or not wear.
Topless means women do not have to wear tops.
Nudity means your completely nude. If you wear a t shirt and no bottom you are not nude.
Can anyone explain (translate) or make sense of all this???

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bobcat
Traveler

Loc: Staten Island
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1496890 - 04/03/13 09:26 AM (96.224.18.51)

Seems clear to me. What exactly do you want to know?

--------------------

Unregistered

#1496894 - 04/03/13 09:47 AM (107.200.178.52)

Are you a pure nudist or pure textile

chazo
Traveler

#1496909 - 04/03/13 10:41 AM (35.9.140.142)

The general term for required nudity is "au natural".

I know exactly what you are talking about. I love clothing optional, but do not like the idea of "au natural". I think the idea of nude resorts is that you are free to not wear clothes. If they then enforce that you MUST not wear clothes, where has the freedom gone? My wife had a sunburn at Hedo II and was wearing a T-Shirt and no bottoms. Security made her remove it. Of course, later they had a wet t-shirt contest. Meanwhile, at Club O, you can wear as much or little as you want anywhere, anytime. N Resort claims to be "au natural", but most people dressed for dinner when we were there, so even resorts with the rule are often inconsistent. This is, BTW, from someone who did not dress for dinner...

Of course, I know why some prefer "au natural". They don't like being nude around others who are clothed. I can understand this. Being nude at Firefly made you stand out like a sore thumb. But, wearing a thong at Hedo where there are plenty of naked people about does not intimidate anyone, yet that very topic has led to online yelling matches that last for years.

JMHO...

jmbcomms
Traveler

Loc: New England (home), St. Maarte...
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: chazo]
      #1496977 - 04/03/13 02:03 PM (98.229.241.121)

I've always had an aversion to places that require you to be nude. Sunburns, recent surgery, whatever...lots of reasons to be partly nude. Just strange to require it when it doesn't always make sense.

--------------------
Jeff Berger
Visiting SXM Since 1978

Unregistered

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: jmbcomms]
      #1497021 - 04/03/13 04:12 PM (75.85.217.32)

I sort of agree. Because of sunburns-surgery etc. it may not make sense. But in general why go to a nudist resort and/or nude beach and wear clothes. There are plenty of textile resorts and beaches. I have no problem having a resort require nudity in most locations unless there is a good reason why a guest can't due to some medical condition.

Bill_SModerator

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
      #1497033 - 04/03/13 05:10 PM (69.255.96.96)

In response to the question just above, we enjoy the option of being able to respond to weather conditions, sunburns, cool/chilly breezes, etc. using common sense - which we card carrying, AANR MEMBER, normally nude, naturist resort members and condo owners appreciate. Plus the ladies often like to wrap a pareo or sarong around their waists at times so they don't have to carry a towel to dinner or to enjoy a drink at the resort's bar for example. That is one of many reasons we love Club Orient so much...

We live in Southern Maryland about 30 minutes from a very nice, upscale nudist club that to us has one fatal flaw: it has a mandatory full nudity at all times requirement and a group of "Nude Nazi" members who will yell at you if you are wearing any cloth on your body other than a hat! Even as you get out of your car when you drive in and walk to the office! (as actually happened to nudist friends of ours who visited...once...for three minutes...)

As a result we joined Avalon Resort, a wonderful CLOTHING OPTIONAL resort in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, about 2.5 hours west of our home and LOVE it there. Eight years ago we bought a 2 bedroom condo there and are usually up there every other weekend. There are no "Nude Nazis" there, just wonderful friendly people and a very welcoming ambience.

--------------------
Bill

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Bill_S]
      #1497037 - 04/03/13 05:27 PM (71.101.41.196)

Hear, hear, Bill!! Away with the Nude Nazis!!

Unregistered

#1497071 - 04/03/13 06:47 PM (68.199.200.237)

I agree with the above. There are often good reasons to wear clothing at a nudist resort, and I respect that. The problem that I believe many of the clubs are trying to avoid are the persistant gawkers that gravitate to nudist or CO venues, keep thier clothing on and make many of the nudists uncomfortable. I would also ask why they come to come to such resorts in the first place. Nudists also have rights. Especially in nudist clubs.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1497084 - 04/03/13 07:50 PM (72.59.124.6)

Honestly, to ME, personally, if someone comes to a nudist venue and they do not do anything out of hand, like taking pictures of people who don't consent, or opening leering at people, or propositioning people, I really couldn't give a rat's a$$ who is there and how they are dressed.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 8485

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline