Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Reggae_RobModerator

Loc: West Virginia
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1497174 - 04/04/13 07:00 AM (98.191.243.196)

I agree Carol. I'm a nudist, and love being nude. The thing I like the most is the feeling of freedom that nudity gives. Forcing people to be nude defeats the freedom of nudity. Life is too short to worry about what other people are wearing or not wearing.

--------------------
Irie,
Reggae Rob

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rkitek
Traveler

Loc: Ohio
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1497188 - 04/04/13 08:39 AM (24.56.64.90)

Perhaps resorts should consider the policy that singles (or anyone there by themselves) must be nude, but if your there as a couple, then one can remain partially or fully clothed. Even most CO places require nudity in the pool or hot tub. Allowing the reluctant spouse to keep a suit on in the pool would get more couples "in the door" and who knows, may lead to increase attendance and membership.

--------------------
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

DONALDKNEWED
Traveler

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Reggae_Rob]
      #1497193 - 04/04/13 08:48 AM (209.105.130.14)

So is wearing just a t shirt on the young (family) side of orient beach allright.
I don't want to land up in a French jail for a part of my vacation... LOL

Durathror
Traveler

Loc: NC, USA
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: DONALDKNEWED]
      #1497195 - 04/04/13 08:57 AM (50.124.142.2)

Quote:

DONALDKNEWED said:
So is wearing just a t shirt on the young (family) side of orient beach allright.
I don't want to land up in a French jail for a part of my vacation... LOL

If you truly mean just a t-shirt, then no. You cannot legally go bottomless on the north side of Orient Beach. South side, in front of Club O, while not the norm, that would not cause problems AFAIK.

--------------------
There's a small fortune to be made in racing; just start with a large one.

Unregistered

#1497218 - 04/04/13 10:08 AM (107.200.178.52)

I here all this and agree. But one would hope that when the weather and temps inside and outside are cooperative that the majority of the people at the restaurants/bars at aanr joints would be nude or partially nude. It is a bummer to want to be nude and to walk in and be the only person/couple and the old dude staring at your wife........should of went to nude to the family diner to get that. And I'm talking places near/at the hub of aanr-ness. The majority should be partaking.

Unregistered

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1497529 - 04/05/13 10:24 AM (76.10.175.134)

UncleAl32
Traveler

Loc: Left Coast USA
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: rkitek]
      #1512130 - 06/02/13 06:11 PM (68.122.9.252)

Quote:

rkitek said: Allowing the reluctant spouse to keep a suit on in the pool would get more couples "in the door" and who knows, may lead to increase attendance and membership.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's a common sight on nude beaches to see couples where the man is nude and the woman is wearing a one-piece or two-piece (top as well as bottom) swimsuit.

At Baker Beach in SF, during the past few years that's becoming the rule rather than the exception. One woman I spoke to there said she would never consent to going to a resort that bills itself as C/O, as she believes there would be subtle (or even not-so-subtle) pressure for her to disrobe.

Unregistered

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: UncleAl32]
      #1512134 - 06/02/13 06:45 PM (76.188.24.229)

Quote:

UncleAl32 said:
Quote:

rkitek said: Allowing the reluctant spouse to keep a suit on in the pool would get more couples "in the door" and who knows, may lead to increase attendance and membership.

It has been years since we visited Baker Beach, is it still heavily populated with nude sunbathers closest to the Golden Gate Bridge? Remember there being a nice mix of male and female at the time, wish we could return! Parking was always an issue though.

Unregistered

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1512480 - 06/04/13 10:42 AM (69.72.61.240)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
I sort of agree. Because of sunburns-surgery etc. it may not make sense. But in general why go to a nudist resort and/or nude beach and wear clothes. There are plenty of textile resorts and beaches. I have no problem having a resort require nudity in most locations unless there is a good reason why a guest can't due to some medical condition.

Exactly...but that said, I like being nude at a beach and at a pool because bathing suits are bothersome. I don't shower or bathe with clothes on (for obvious reasons), so why swim and wear wet clothing?

I've tried resorts with clothing optional areas and found that it just invites too many perverts. I don't like feeling as if I'm on display like a monkey at a zoo...and there has never been a problem with someone covering up when either cold or experiencing sunburn at au-natural areas where we vacation that have enforcement of said rules.

At dinner or while eating at any eatery I prefer wearing some type of cover up. There is just no practical reason for me to be nude at an restaurant, and since most tables are waist high I also don't like dangling body parts that are designed to get rid of body waste swinging that close to my food...just my opinion and I hope no one takes offense.

Unregistered

#1512485 - 06/04/13 10:57 AM (69.72.61.240)

Quote:

Reggae_Rob said:
I agree Carol. I'm a nudist, and love being nude. The thing I like the most is the feeling of freedom that nudity gives. Forcing people to be nude defeats the freedom of nudity. Life is too short to worry about what other people are wearing or not wearing.

With all due respect...a person is not being forced to be nude. They have a choice of being nude with everyone else that is nude, or a choice of being clothed with everyone else that is wearing a bathing suit...the key word is 'choice'. Something that those of us that like to be nude don't have...and that is a lot of choices of places to be nude...and those that want to wear clothes have plenty of choices.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 8727

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline