Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1513617 - 06/08/13 12:35 PM (76.188.24.229)

Quote:

Carol_Hill said:
You know, I was totally with you, until you decide at the end that you want to rag on people from the US. So much for being accepting of all human beings..

Having had business dealings with Canadians for many years I find their condescending attitude toward the U.S. very annoying. Particularly since there is "no there there"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Biturbo
Traveler

Loc: Royersford, PA (30m NW of Phil...
      #1513621 - 06/08/13 12:47 PM (108.52.189.41)

We are like most folks with our vanities, I would imagine, in that before we go on vacation we try to lose a few pounds and get in a little better shape. We usually succeed, but not to the degree we had hoped. However, once we arrive at Club Orient, amongst friends, we kinda say "Bleep, we tried our best - let's enjoy vacation!"
And as far as comparing the US's attitude toward nudity, we're probably somewhere in the middle. Consider: years after we had our senses assaulted by a split-second partial view of JJ's n*pple, our high courts were still wasting time debating this Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction.

--------------------
"It's a magic kind of medicine, that no doctor could prescribe." JB

tiger79
Traveler

Loc: England
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1513631 - 06/08/13 01:26 PM (86.158.145.138)

Coming from England, I'm confused by this. Isn't Canada one of the states?

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: tiger79]
      #1513676 - 06/08/13 04:33 PM (68.247.203.132)

Ah, you know, I could say something there, but I won't!

Unregistered

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: sccpm]
      #1513732 - 06/08/13 09:39 PM (209.6.147.154)

All is forgiven. Please come back to Club O.

jenniboston
Traveler

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: sccpm]
      #1513750 - 06/09/13 12:52 AM (50.133.130.201)

Quote:

sccpm said:
Then we developed serious medical problems and I've gained 50 more pounds on an already slightly overweight body and he's gained 40 more pounds. Most true nudists would never judge me by my size but I would still feel uncomfortable.

I say this as someone who has been overweight all of her life, but with ups and downs, and the typical bad body-image that women have in our culture; Please try Club O again (or nudism in general) again! So many of the regulars have been going for so long that while they might have started young and slim, they're now "well aged", and still loving it. Yes, there are the gawkers that stroll down the beach, but you can stick to the back row, and I think hanging out with the rest of the gang would do your self-esteem a world of good! it's about being on a beautiful beach, not about meeting some impossible image of physical beauty. I bet making some new friends would do your mental state of mind and by association your health a world of good!

jenniboston
Traveler

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: tiger79]
      #1513752 - 06/09/13 01:03 AM (50.133.130.201)

Quote:

tiger79 said:
Coming from England, I'm confused by this. Isn't Canada one of the states?

To be fair, as a citizen of the US, I don't believe the sentiment originally expressed is completely wrong. We have some seriously whacked out ideas about sexuality and nudity (including frequently confusing the two) in this country. Not sure that Canada is totally off the hook here, but I'm willing to admit that the US is guilty as charged on this one topic!

mickeyandmary
Traveler

#1513858 - 06/09/13 03:25 PM (24.114.80.26)

Sorry Carol, I did not mean to be mean.
It is just that I have seen and heard from many of my dear friends in the US that nude is " gross " and " she/he " should cover that, and other such things. We truly do not get those reactions here.

I love and resect all people and no demeaning thoughts are expressed and for all those that took offense,,,, my apologies.

Unregistered

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: mickeyandmary]
      #1513868 - 06/09/13 04:16 PM (76.188.24.229)

Quote:

mickeyandmary said:
Sorry Carol, I did not mean to be mean.
It is just that I have seen and heard from many of my dear friends in the US that nude is " gross " and " she/he " should cover that, and other such things. We truly do not get those reactions here.

I love and resect all people and no demeaning thoughts are expressed and for all those that took offense,,,, my apologies.

Don't think that broad generalization about an adverse reaction to nude (mature) bodies is just a U.S. thing, if you read the reviews of Orient Bay Beach on trip advisor you will note that many reviewers (usually female) tend to react with... "gross", "they should know better", "my grandparents", "cover your eyes" type comments when they "stumble" on the Club O section. Not all those reviewers are from the U.S.

Unregistered

Re: Clothes Optional-Topless- Nudity-Can You Explain? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1513899 - 06/09/13 06:59 PM (107.9.16.124)

All those negatives(gross, cover up) are defense mechanisms not being able to admit hey this natural and fun and very relaxed. Could be who they are traveling with or the tour group or their kids they are afraid might not get it yet.

My view, is the good nudists places are full of very mature nude people. But if people weren't mature it could be bad and lewd.

I bet the cruisers who don't try on visit one probably do try on visit two. And then all those negatives melt away.

I can't think of a better place to be that naked under a yellow umbrella with a Carib looking at the ocean.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 8493

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline