Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: macgrg]
      #1515852 - 06/17/13 06:38 PM (107.9.16.124)

$75k, anybody want to go in on one?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: jenniboston]
      #1515877 - 06/17/13 07:37 PM (68.247.12.188)

I personally would not be interested, but whoever is on island next, go check out that board that they supposedly have listings of people wanting to sell. That would be the best indicator of what is really available.

Unregistered

Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: jenniboston]
      #1515917 - 06/17/13 09:24 PM (70.194.200.64)

In jan 12, the lowest was 125k. One owner was so excited we had bought the studio we were in. But we had to tell her we wished we were. It does look like a great way to live a bit.

Unregistered

Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: Bill_S]
      #1515922 - 06/17/13 09:56 PM (76.10.175.134)

Quote:

Bill_S said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:
You are best to contact the Club O site. Units for sale range from less than 100,00.00 for studios to mid $300.00 for the beach front chalets.

Darn...must be Club O deprivation that has me leaving out the necessary zeros. Mid $300,000.00 but I like my misprint better.

Did you misplace commas, forget zeros, or what? If you move the comma on the studios one place to the left you are saying ten thousand dollars for a studio. I also doubt the beach front chalets are selling for three hundred dollars?

Your numbers make no sense...

Unregistered

Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1515923 - 06/17/13 10:01 PM (76.10.175.134)

To be clear...less than ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND for some studios to MID THREE HUNDRED THOUSANDS for beachfront chalets. The caps helped me self check. I think I got it right this time. Phew! Sorry, bargain hunters.

Unregistered

Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1515935 - 06/17/13 10:38 PM (107.9.16.124)

They told us you have access X months a year and Club O has access the remainder. If you choose not to occumpy all your Xmonths, they canbe rented out. It wasn't clear whether "owner" got a cut of the rental action. Maint Fees??????

As Jenniboston said, I wouldnt look at as an investment but a lifestyle expense.

beachcombers
Traveler

Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: macgrg]
      #1515977 - 06/18/13 08:21 AM (76.241.151.225)

Hang on to your checkbook--I looked into this a couple of years ago and am sure things can change but here are a few thoughts that stopped me. First you DO NOT get a title/deed to the property like in the US.(i.e--no loans available form a bank--ALL CASH transactions) The reason was that the Beauperthy family kids (original owners of the property) were challenging the ownership of the whole place in French courts. Then you had property taxes from the tax office in Marigot. (never did figure out exactly how these were calculated.) Then you have CoPro Assessments (what we would call Condo Fees) based on the annual budget. Then you have Extraordinary Co Pro year end fees (what we call assessments if the budget was not made) As the time we looked you had to put your unit into the rental pool for FIVE YEARS where the rent went to the ASSOCIATION not the OWNER. Then there was a daily "facility charge" when an owner visits to cover overhead services--employees. Then there were restrictions/approvals required if you ever wanted to sell. In the end we wanted our time there to be totally relaxing (why we go there) and felt we were potentially buying something where renting would be more enjoyable than owning.

OBorbust
Traveler

Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: sailn]
      #1516105 - 06/18/13 01:44 PM (70.184.6.194)

We looked into this as well. It is not and I mean NOT an investment. Club O is up-front with this as well. They are very transparent. It is a sum of money you pay so you can be recognized as an owner of the property.The "purchase" allows you a certain amount of time in your unit for a small daily fee. Preferred reservations for additional time at a higher cost. The sales angle is that you are supporting the nudist lfestyle. I could not find any way that it would ever be profitable. Factor in weather disasters, legal changes regarding nudity on Orient, a host of many other potential legal issues and what you have is basically a "donation" to the nudist lifestyle. If I remember correctly the property is only able to be insured for a % of its actual value. That is a mess that will eventually become reality. They also maintain their own water plant to de-salt the sea water and that is a money pit. If you are wicked wealthy and so inclined it may fit. I remember leaving the meeting and heading to the Perch for a lemon breeze or 6 as I could not believe what I had heard.

sailn
Traveler

Loc: South East US, Carolinas coast
Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: OBorbust]
      #1516151 - 06/18/13 03:54 PM (174.56.138.137)

is there a perch lemon breeze fee too?

Unregistered

Re: Club o ownership costs? [Re: OBorbust]
      #1516203 - 06/18/13 06:36 PM (107.9.16.124)

I hope plenty of wicked wealthy keep making donations to keep the place afloat and I hope the rest of us patronize as much as we can get away and enjoy. It would be a Caribbean Bummer of the 10th magnitude for them to no longer be. Ah, is this yellow umbrella taken?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 4836

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline