Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Why are c/o resort failing and what can be done? [Re: markis]
      #1665188 - 10/01/15 08:23 AM (68.247.239.225)

Orient is too crowded? On the beach?? Never found Orient to be too crowded.. It's really too bad that Grand Lido Braco is gone, as it really was a pretty perfect nude resort.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
psp
Traveler

Re: Why are c/o resort failing and what can be done? [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1665219 - 10/01/15 11:13 AM (76.93.235.12)

Curious Carol_in your view what made Braco your perfect resort? What elements/vibe did Braco have that other similar resorts did not?

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Why are c/o resort failing and what can be done? [Re: psp]
      #1665232 - 10/01/15 12:27 PM (71.101.34.91)

It was the perfect PHYSICAL plant, in that there was a whole separate nude side to the resort. They had a HUGE nude pool, with a volleyball playing section, swim up bar, HUGE nude hot tub, wonderful nude beach, all rooms on the nude side were full ocean view, there was 24 hour room service, including delivering champagne to the nude hot tub, etc., etc. The physical facilities there were just outstanding..

Unregistered

Re: Why are c/o resort failing and what can be done? [Re: Eric_Hill]
      #1665325 - 10/01/15 09:41 PM (24.209.97.223)

I heard a saying that "humans are humans and they have been for a long time". I think most humans would enjoy walking in the open air in the all together and love skinny dipping-- if they had the opportunity to try it.

There just aren't that many opportunities for that first try either in their backyard or locally ---

that is why SXM cruise stops have probably afforded many a comfortable first time. Until that first time, your mind has a lot of misconceptions and inhibitions.

Most of the US clubs are 50+ years old. A lot of families brought their kids in the 60,70,80s. Today, I suspect that has dwindled comparatively with parents probably finding it harder to do with all the focus on "protecting" children and thus they can't afford to be misconstrued --- that makes it harder for those younger people to transition and must wait until they hit 40 and take a cruise to SXM.

I'm pretty sure if every American got a free cruise with a free shore excursion to Orient Beach with free Perch Coupons and a free lunch at Papagayo, the population of nudists would skyrocket.

PKwx
Traveler

Loc: Philly
Re: Why are c/o resort failing and what can be done? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1665521 - 10/03/15 09:04 AM (69.249.242.189)

c/o resorts are failing not the desire to be CO

Our perspective, we live within 1 hours of two CO "resorts" and have been to each one just once, been to others as well-once. Overpriced, $50 a day to just visit, you kidding me. For a tiny pool that in one case had a bath tub ring around it. Conditions of grounds are at best like a marginal camp ground. Even for us middle aged folks, everybody is much older. Not that we don't like older folks ...going to be there sooner then we like, but want to chat about more then what is was like during the war. Accommodations, really? We have traveled a bit and have spent countless nights away and nowhere has any naturist venue even come close to the standards of a Hampton Inn. Younger folks have grown up to except and their kids have stayed at places where the norm is modern, cleaner, bigger and better…even on the low end of the hospitality scale. That’s why all these road side mom and pop motels are closed up....same analogy for naturist venues. The closest resort that holds a candle is Caliente, but that’s not now a true naturist venue from what I understand (have not been there). The down side when naturist venues add more of a party atmosphere they become more sexual, so the viscous cycle starts. Make it more fun – this makes it harder and more effort by the venue to control and manage but alienate some people - Don’t make changes - you get our attitude (which many share) we just won’t go, no new members and the venues just withers away.

P.S. I like the idea of TVs at Club and that won’t make me spend more time in the room. But if anything it makes the resort more modern.

Eric_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Why are c/o resort failing and what can be done? [Re: PKwx]
      #1665556 - 10/03/15 01:50 PM (68.247.239.225)

Quote:

Overpriced, $50 a day to just visit, you kidding me.

I think that is a legitimate issue. We have paid that for a day pass at an all inclusive in the Caribbean, but then you got food and drink at no charge, along with towels, etc. So that is a downside for sure... and sometimes the day pass is per person, which then, well....

I remember a long time ago we went to a "club" as a day pass thing. They required full nudity from the moment you entered the property. We were met at the parking lot area, told about the full nudity, said ok. Put "everything" in the car and locked it. Went to the office --- you know when you require full nudity there is no place to put the credit card!!!!! It would have been helpful if they had directed/taken us to the office before, instead we had to take everything off once we got out of the car!! Yes, we had a beach bag, see below but.... Never went back, they were friendly enough after the fact, but that was not the point and it did not make us feel welcome from the get go.

We had taken along a beach bag for towels, so we were fine. But we did not know what we would have done if we had not had the beach bag. It wuold have been awkward. The details on day passes generally leave a whole lot to be desired, as we took towels as we did not know if they were provided or not. I cannot remember if they wanted to see what was in the beach bag or not, all I remember was the uncomfortable feeling at the very beginning of the day. I don't think that is the best way to encourage things, at least in my opinion. It does a disservice to the resort and the c/o-nudity experience. And we had been to multiple c/o resorts already, but in the caribbean.

Edited by Eric_Hill (10/03/15 02:11 PM)

Eric_HillAdministrator
Administrator

#1665558 - 10/03/15 02:26 PM (68.247.239.225)

Now as a result of my last post... that is not true of all resorts in the US at all. We were invited to Avalon for example.... happen to know one of the members... ok more than one and even the manager (I assume still there?). But we asked our friends about it after the other experience. They assured us in completely frank and no question about what we were asking. We did relate out prior experience to them.

The complete experience from moment one until we left was 1000% different and in my opinion the way things shoud be done and handled. We went there several times as a result and stayed there also. Congrats to a well run resort/club whatever you want to call it. But it was one of our better experiences in the US. That being said we have never been to any of the clubs/resort out west only a few on the east coast around Virginia and of course now around Florida.

But now we rarely, if ever, go even around here. We bought our property with c/o in mind. We have our pool, hot tub (don't use much, as who needs a hot tub in the summer when the pool is in the 90's ). We have privacy, one house that could see into the backyard at the right time, currently. But even that is being taken care of.... as it was not an issue at all for several years prior. Plants/bushes can do a wonderful thing also! Besides I mentioned to them (neighbors) that they might see something at times (not intended) and they said "so"! But still elimating the issue.

--------------------
Eric Hill
TTOL Shop

rockhill
Traveler

Loc: North Texas
      #1665559 - 10/03/15 02:30 PM (97.68.133.28)

When I was still in corporate world and constantly doing customer satisfaction surveys, the phrase "worth what paid for" was used. Some club owners or managers need to back up and ask themselves that question concerning the 'product' they are delivering. Just a thought.

Eric_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Why are c/o resort failing and what can be done? [Re: rockhill]
      #1665570 - 10/03/15 04:26 PM (68.247.239.225)

Quote:

ask themselves that question concerning the 'product' they are delivering. Just a thought.

I agree completely! The "product" is more than just the resort/club it is far more than that!

If the product is "motel 6" then that is one thing, sadly to state that I actually stayed at a motel 6 for business...... but it was maybe the right decision at the time... still not sure about that, as it was terrible! But will not go there! It was motel 5, ok you get...................

Yes, I was in the "corp world", but on a per diem and other things. Getting married shortly..... Does honeymoon in Aruba sound ok???? Motel6, ok and driving back and forth between the location where I was and where the "BRIDE" was seemed like a good thing to do at the time .... Not sure I would change it today even IF I had to stay in Motel5!

And the bride was beautiful by the way!

AND STILL IS!!!! (Give me a break here.... are you going to any of you going to say ANYTHING different.... are you stupid????)

--------------------
Eric Hill
TTOL Shop

CraigV

#1665776 - 10/05/15 09:47 AM (98.21.60.8)

Seems to me that resorts and campgrounds fail because they overcharge. People are reluctant to try new things, except on vacation. If the pricing is competitive with textile resorts, and there's equivalent value, then it's no big loss for a curious non-nudist to test the waters. But spending beau-coup bucks on something you might hate is not going to happen often.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 12169

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline