Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)
kenmoore
Traveler

Loc: Schenectady, NY
NC beaches
      #516580 - 05/25/06 01:56 PM (69.204.167.44)

My wife and I just got back from another wonderful visit to Cypress Cove. Unfortunately, every time we go there or to Club Orient, it has the effect of strongly reinforcing our intense dislike of bathing suits. In July we are going on a family vacation to Wilmington, NC and spend 7 days on Carolina Beach.

Would someone please tell us that North Carolina has seen the light and now permits and encourages nude bathing on its beaches (at least Carolina Beach). If not, where can we go to avoid sand in the suits?

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Biturbo
Traveler

Loc: Royersford, PA (30m NW of Phil...
Re: NC beaches [Re: kenmoore]
      #516586 - 05/25/06 02:02 PM (205.188.114.157)

I don't think Carolina Beach is c/o friendly.

--------------------
"It's a magic kind of medicine, that no doctor could prescribe." JB

subzilla
Traveler

Re: NC beaches [Re: Biturbo]
      #516896 - 05/26/06 09:45 AM (205.141.0.1)

No it's not legal in NC but there are a few places you can get by with it. There a place close to Carolina Beach called Bird Island at Sunset Beach. I've only read about it but never experienced it. I've always gone to the Outer Banks. Pea Island just south of Manteo was and still is a very secluded place to go nuding but recent patrolling by a few fish and wildlife officers have reaked havoc on some of the relaxation factor. The last few times, we've gone to Ocracoke Island where you can drive on the beach and find yourself a spot. This is National Park land and I'm sure it's not legal but suprisingly, the rangers don't have this high on their priority list. May not have enough resources to worry about it. The only problem with Ocracoke is the amount of traffic on the beach which consists primarily of fishermen. See this link for more info: http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/6059/index.html

tanjohn
Traveler

Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
Re: NC beaches [Re: subzilla]
      #516967 - 05/26/06 12:18 PM (66.32.85.90)

I don't recommend Bird Island. My understanding is that the atmosphere has changed and C/O is not permitted. However, just off of Wrightsville Beach is Masonboro Island. You can take a water taxi from in front of the Blockade Runner Hotel. It makes a trip in the morning and picks up sometime later in the day. The island is not inhabited and if you walk a ways up the beach away from other groups you can be nude.

tanjohn

Unregistered

#518490 - 05/30/06 03:08 PM (152.163.100.132)

Try whispering Pines Nudist Resort in Ocean Isle, NC. It's near Myrtle Beach, SC. It's not a beach, but has a nice pool.

RichnSandyNC
Traveler

Loc: Topsail Island, NC
      #519702 - 06/02/06 10:54 AM (71.2.152.88)

As the other posters have indicated, there are no official nude beaches in North Carolina. Curiously, topless sunbathing is not prohibited in several beach communities, including the Town of Topsail Beach on Topsail Island. Those of us who live in the area can sometimes go by boat to Masonboro Island or Lea Island and there is an informal nude spot on Ocracoke Island (a good distance, however, from Carolina Beach). For a legal, full nude experience, Whispering Pines would be the only choice.

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: Biturbo]
      #520228 - 06/03/06 08:30 PM (152.163.100.132)

Bird Island is great. My wife and I and alot of our friends have gone for years.The dunes are great for couples you can be alone or get on the beach and be social when there are no clothed people coming up the beach,you can see them a mile away.Park at the pier at sunset beach Bring a bike a backpack full of your things and a towl to lay on. We are so glad that we have this Island.

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: subzilla]
      #520749 - 06/05/06 02:09 PM (69.204.167.44)

Thanks for the information on Bird Island. Unfortunately, your link does not go to the site. Where is Bird Island?

Ken & Karolee

Snorkeller
Traveler

Loc: Virginia
Re: NC beaches [Re: Anonymous]
      #520794 - 06/05/06 03:39 PM (152.163.100.132)

Bird Island is adjacent to Sunset Beach - both in North Carolina just north of South Carolina. If you find Sunset, which is easily found on any map, you have found Bird Island. I do not think local authorities are looking for trouble with nudists on Bird but I also think they will come down very hard on anyone they think is causing a problem there.

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: Snorkeller]
      #525805 - 06/16/06 09:51 AM (64.12.116.132)

A very very good beach. Never had a problem there with anyone.Laid back. The nude section is from the kindred spirit mailbox to just before the rock jetty.Never even heard of the beach patrol giving anyone a hard time,It's just common knowledge where the nude section is.Been here since 1986.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 87083

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline