Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: Anonymous]
      #1514216 - 06/11/13 08:50 AM (69.72.61.207)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
The problem with bird island is that there are birders (people who go to see the birds) and they are offended by nudists. So my suggestion is to look for a legal nude beach.

With the exception of Haulover, there is not another nude public beach where one can shed clothes legally in the US...is there?

I'm talking about legally nude by the law, not the pie in the sky wishful thinking of "don't worry we have an agreement with law enforcement stuff". That kind of bad information can get folks in trouble.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chazo
Traveler

#1514245 - 06/11/13 10:40 AM (35.9.141.39)

Actually, there are some other officially nude beaches in the US. Here's the ones I could find:

Rooster Rock State Park in Oregon, which claims to be the first official nude beach in the US. I think there is one other in Oregon.

Hippie Hollow near Austin, Texas. Amazing that this has survived in such an extreme red state.

Mazo Beach in Wisconsin. This one is endangered.

These are ones that are officially sanctioned. Yes, there are a few other places where there is an (often unwritten) agreement and you do take a risk, though I would suggest that there is safety in numbers.

bugambilias
Traveler

Loc: Playa del Carmen, MX
Re: NC beaches [Re: chazo]
      #1514286 - 06/11/13 12:38 PM (24.152.205.30)

Quote:

chazo said:Amazing that this has survived in such an extreme red state.

That is an incorrect, derisive, biased, statement of nudism based strictly on which representative was elected. Our tolerance should extend to personal political choice also. Politics do not determine the existence of nude recreation locations. That's why The AANR has a Camp Locator instead of a red and blue political map. Certainly we are publicly tolerant of a persons race, their choice of religion and national origin.

The Politics of New York State tend to be more liberal than in most of the United States, in recent decades a solid majority of Democratic voters, concentrated in New York City and some of its suburbs, and in the cities of Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Albany have retained control. Yet the Beach at Fire Island has lost its Clothing Optional status.

This is an excerpt from an AANR study conducted a few years back:

Two years ago, A.A.N.R. paid the marketing firm Claritas Inc. to analyze the membership of the 72-year-old group. Claritas found that the cluster most likely to renew A.A.N.R. membership is a group it labels "God's Country"--primarily executives from the exurbs who tend to be Republican. Their key issues are tax reform and terrorism; they like Golf Magazine and GMC Safari vans. And most have kids at home.

Basically nudists, naturists and skinny dippers come from all walks of life and we are as diverse as the great country in which we live.

--------------------
check out my blog

chazo
Traveler

Re: NC beaches [Re: bugambilias]
      #1514327 - 06/11/13 02:38 PM (35.9.141.39)

"Politics do not determine the existence of nude recreation locations." You've got to be kidding! A primary function of AANR is lobbying and government relations. Politics absolutely determines where nudity will be legal and where it will not.

It was not the politicians of New York State who revoked the clothing optional status of Fire Island, it was the federal government (national park service).

We are tolerant. We are diverse. We are not the problem. The fact that there are some of "God's Country" (I can't believe they used that term) in AANR does not imply anything about the majority of conservatives. You'll find lots of commentary online about America being more prudish than European countries and it will be usually couched as conservative Americans vs liberal Europeans. Anyone who does not realize that the majority of conservatives would shut down every nude beach in the country is naive. Every year legislation is proposed in Florida to ban all nude beaches. Want to guess what party the proposers belong to? Hint: they didn't vote for Obama. A republican in North Carolina has proposed a bill that makes it a felony to expose a nipple. AANR is in a constant battle and it's pretty clear who the problem is. So, don't tell me red vs. blue doesn't matter.

rockhill
Traveler

Loc: North Texas
      #1514366 - 06/11/13 04:26 PM (75.9.37.28)

Quote:

chazo said:
Actually, there are some other officially nude beaches in the US. Here's the ones I could find:

Hippie Hollow near Austin, Texas. Amazing that this has survived in such an extreme red state.

For the record, the greater Austin area, where Hippie Hollow is on Lake Travis, is extremely BLUE in a extremely RED state

ChuckG
Traveler

Loc: PA
Re: NC beaches [Re: rockhill]
      #1514479 - 06/12/13 07:07 AM (174.242.240.86)

And also for the record, Gunnison Beach in NJ (East Coast) IS officially sanctioned clothing optional and there are signs posted to that effect. Thousands are there on summer weekends! The rangers and volunteers who worked hard to open the park this year pos-Sandy deserve nothing but praise!

--------------------
Chuck and Joni

Unregistered

#1514490 - 06/12/13 08:19 AM (107.9.16.124)

What?????? National Park service did that? Who is in charge bud? Prez, Senators from that state -NOT CONSERVATIVES.

I KNOW A TON OF CONSERVATIVES IN AANR ----- I'M AMAZED AT HOW ALL THE LIBERALS ARE LETTING A TON OF OUR FREEDOMS DISAPPEAR DAY BY DAY THE LAST FEW YEARS.

AANR AINT ANY PARTIES GROUP - IT IS THEMEMBERS.

WAKE UP LIBERALS AND GET Y O U R GOVT OFF OUR BACK.

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: ChuckG]
      #1514491 - 06/12/13 08:23 AM (107.9.16.124)

New Jersey??? ---- Come on ---- Wake Up America.........who really stands for freedom

Unregistered

#1514502 - 06/12/13 09:13 AM (69.72.61.243)

Quote:

Anyone who does not realize that the majority of conservatives would shut down every nude beach in the country is naive. Every year legislation is proposed in Florida to ban all nude beaches. Want to guess what party the proposers belong to? Hint: they didn't vote for Obama.

I'm not a supporter for either party. BUT, please, tell me. How's that whole Obama thing working out for ya?

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1514503 - 06/12/13 09:16 AM (71.101.32.180)

PLEASE, people, this is not a venue to discuss political matters. Plenty of other venues to do that.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 87156

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline