Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: First Trip to SXM [Re: deputydog1157]
      #1740088 - 08/02/17 01:44 PM (47.192.5.2)

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jerber160
Traveler

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Re: First Trip to SXM [Re: Kamehameha]
      #1740174 - 08/03/17 04:47 PM (96.94.98.14)

Quote:

Kamehameha said:
RE: La Patrona at SBR. We stayed there for 2 weeks of our 3 week visit & tried La Patrona twice, were not happy. Breakfast was lackluster, lunch was just OK. Service was the worst we experienced in SXM...multiple people taking our order, food not coming out as we had ordered, overpriced for the so-so quality. While the view is spectacular, I believe you can make a better choice. Enjoy your trip & anniversary. Have fun getting out of your comfort zone at Orient beach...remember, you'll never be with those other people again (maybe!)!

WE peeked at the breakfast buffet last week and decided to go to Bon Appetit. I'm not into huevos rancheros... and there really wasn't anyting special there.

RICKnGRACE_LI_NY
Traveler

Loc: Long Island, NY
Re: First Trip to SXM [Re: IslandBoi]
      #1740203 - 08/04/17 08:56 AM (67.86.221.25)

We went to La Patrona, but for dinner not breakfast, and found the service and food to be really good. Not looking to start a war but offering another opinion.

--------------------
Rick and Grace

biglar
Traveler

Loc: PA
Re: First Trip to SXM [Re: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY]
      #1740206 - 08/04/17 09:21 AM (71.254.120.97)

If you'll be driving to Club O you may want to try breakfast at Paradise View Creperie Restaurant. Sits high on the hill above Orient Bay and you can see Club O from the place. Great views with fantastic crepes. We were visiting for 3 weeks this year and stopped there for breakfast or lunch half a dozen times. It sits at the end of a row of tourist shops at a place called Paradise View.

--------------------
www.lifewithldub.blogspot.com

WhitandTamra
Traveler

Loc: Florida
Re: First Trip to SXM [Re: biglar]
      #1740208 - 08/04/17 10:24 AM (71.100.123.44)

Paradise View has delicious crepes! Our first trip was 2 years ago in September and they were closed for the month. I was very disappointed. I love that the water is warmer during that time but sometimes miss that many restaurants close then. There are so many that remain open, though, that it doesn't make much difference.

deputydog1157
Traveler

Loc: FL
Re: First Trip to SXM [Re: WhitandTamra]
      #1740210 - 08/04/17 11:15 AM (199.47.253.145)

I am so looking forward to this trip! Any information for September would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

#1740211 - 08/04/17 12:43 PM (47.192.5.2)

We used to go in September a LOT. Haven't been in September for a while, but I can't think it's changed that much. Weather is warm and humid (but I live in Florida, where it's HOTTER than SXM in the summer anyway!! ). There is very little traffic. There should be no crowds at local beaches, except possibly on a Sunday, when many locals go to the beach. You do not need a reservation at pretty much any restaurant on island. Some restaurants will be closed, with usually more restaurants closed on the French side than Dutch. Some restaurants may not be closed entirely but only open limited days. So, don't get your heart set on a particular restaurant unless you have confirmed with them that they will be open when you go.

While it's unlikely, since September is the height of hurricane season, at least a tropical storm is POSSIBLE, so make sure that you buy trip insurance. If a storm is brewing, do take pro-active measures yourself and keep yourself informed and if necessary, stock up on some essentials like bottled water, candles, etc. Like I said you shouldn't need it, but just in case you might print out a list of hurricane supplies and preparedness tips at home and throw it in your suitcase. Can't hurt.

Enjoy your trip!

deputydog1157
Traveler

Loc: FL
Re: First Trip to SXM [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1740212 - 08/04/17 01:22 PM (199.47.253.145)

Thanks Carol. I am all too familiar with September weather living in Sarasota but I am hoping it'll work out. What's the worse that could happen, I have to extend my time on the island, haha!!

--------------------

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

#1740219 - 08/04/17 02:15 PM (47.192.5.2)

Sorry, I didn't pay attention that you are from Florida, so you know all about hurricane preparedness.

Like I said, we used to go to SXM in September for years. Some of our best trips!

sasasal
Traveler

#1740220 - 08/04/17 02:28 PM (24.102.161.71)

I have to say!!! I went in Sept. and it was so hot and humid, I changed my ticket and came back home. I do not live in Fl. But I believe it takes a certain body to tolerate certain kind of heat... The air was stagment, and felt thick.. I never went back that time of year, or in the summer months...So of cource there are those that thrive on very hot... also, found the ocean was so warm, it was not refreshing... found myself going into air conditioning during the day for relief, as we only had bedroom air... But that's me. Every body is different. that does not make me right or wrong... An opinion... Nope I could not live in Fl. in the summer monthes or after may...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
3 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 7638

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline