Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
pat
Traveler

Loc: Brookfield, CT.
Re: Seaweed?? [Re: Scotty]
      #1734693 - 06/06/17 04:37 PM (75.133.113.202)

Scotty,

Yes, you can make changes from down there if you're dissatisfied with where you are for good reason and if - big IF - they can accommodate you elsewhere. I say that, but now that I'm thinking, the person I know who did make a change while there was with RCI and not II. But don't wait too long....and good luck.

--------------------
Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Scotty
Traveler

Loc: Scott City, Kansas
Re: Seaweed?? [Re: KarenandRick]
      #1734695 - 06/06/17 04:38 PM (201.220.7.62)

That would be cool.
We have never been ones to like to be around a lot of people on the beach and have gone to many of the quieter ones like Plum Bay but many say that is not wise anymore so I won't question their advice. Orient is a very nice beach with a lot of things to do but we are just not familiar with it like so many other people on here are. Even though we have been to St. Maarten many times and have stayed here at least 120 days or more we still have a lot to learn about Orient Beach.

--------------------

SXMScubaman
Traveler

Loc: Auburn, WA
      #1734700 - 06/06/17 04:53 PM (201.220.7.58)

On our fourth week at Flamingo. Haven't seen a speck of seaweed on our beach. Lots of it off shore all around the island. Any beach facing the East will have it blown in.

BillandJan
Traveler

Loc: Suwanee,Ga.
      #1734749 - 06/07/17 09:28 AM (24.197.144.61)

Quote:

Scotty said:
That would be cool.
We have never been ones to like to be around a lot of people on the beach and have gone to many of the quieter ones like Plum Bay but many say that is not wise anymore so I won't question their advice. Orient is a very nice beach with a lot of things to do but we are just not familiar with it like so many other people on here are. Even though we have been to St. Maarten many times and have stayed here at least 120 days or more we still have a lot to learn about Orient Beach.

Scotty - We are arriving on Friday and plan to use Orient quite a bit since OBBR/Dawn Beach appears to be a no go at the moment.Would appreciate any updates on Orient based on whatever you are seeing at the time.

Thanks!

Scotty
Traveler

Re: Seaweed?? [Re: BillandJan]
      #1734761 - 06/07/17 10:58 AM (201.220.7.62)

Okay, I think we're going to Orient today, not sure yet but most likely. The seaweed here is now around 2' deep and 4 or more feet wide on the shore not to mention how filthy dirty the water is near the beach. It's crazy bad. They need to somehow market this stuff.

--------------------

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1734763 - 06/07/17 11:27 AM (47.192.9.53)

Scotty--Why don't you check to see if you can move somewhere else?? I would..

BillandJan
Traveler

#1734772 - 06/07/17 01:54 PM (24.197.144.61)

OK appreciate any updates if available. Is OBBR offering or arranging transportation to other beaches? We were last there in November 2014 and experienced the same scenario with the seaweed.Not happy about what appears to be a repeat performance but will just have to roll with it at this point and look to hang out at beaches on the other side of the Island.

Good news is that we're in SXM!

Scotty
Traveler

Re: Seaweed?? [Re: BillandJan]
      #1734863 - 06/08/17 07:33 AM (201.220.7.62)

Orient Beach has to me, minimal seaweed. Some places has a little bit more than others but so very little. The least is on the Club Orient side so that is where we ventured to. You will be fine no matter where you go so I would say no worries. Things could change I'm sure, but for now it's fine.

I woke up today to see the beach was around 2' deep or so and 5' wide of seaweed. Wow, is everything from the entire ocean coming here. I have not heard if OBBR is offering any transportation to other beaches or not. We have a car so it doesn't affect us. I'm sure it does others though. I know I wouldn't be happy if I came to an island and planned on sitting by the beach and couldn't because of seaweed. It's not the resorts fault I know but I know I won't be back here again is all I can say.

Yes, the good news is we're in SXM.

--------------------

BillandJan
Traveler

#1734870 - 06/08/17 08:24 AM (24.197.144.61)

Quote:

Scotty said:
Orient Beach has to me, minimal seaweed. Some places has a little bit more than others but so very little. The least is on the Club Orient side so that is where we ventured to. You will be fine no matter where you go so I would say no worries. Things could change I'm sure, but for now it's fine.

I woke up today to see the beach was around 2' deep or so and 5' wide of seaweed. Wow, is everything from the entire ocean coming here. I have not heard if OBBR is offering any transportation to other beaches or not. We have a car so it doesn't affect us. I'm sure it does others though. I know I wouldn't be happy if I came to an island and planned on sitting by the beach and couldn't because of seaweed. It's not the resorts fault I know but I know I won't be back here again is all I can say.

Yes, the good news is we're in SXM.

Thanks for update Scotty and good to hear Orient is a viable option as of now. Will be arriving OBBR tomorrow afternoon so expect that you will have all the seaweed gone by then.

Enjoy the remainder of your stay on Island.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1734879 - 06/08/17 09:17 AM (47.192.9.53)

Scotty--again, have you checked to see if you can switch to a different resort? I would..

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
9 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 6622

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline