Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
SharonfromSXM
Sponsor

Loc: St. Maarten/Long Island
From the QueenofSXM with Love & Appreciation
      #1734237 - 06/01/17 12:02 AM (131.161.84.145)

I really am at a loss as to how to start this post since I feel such a great sadness in having to write it. The Queen of SXM Cell Phone Rentals is closing as of the end of June 2017. I feel so badly about the customers who depend on me but it is time for me to spend more time with my husband & family. I love this business so much but it is all consuming & it has consumed me for 14 years. I have missed so many family events, etc. & I just feel the need to not miss anymore as time is passing quickly.

I tried my best to find someone to take over the business who would give the same level of commitment to the customers that I always did but unfortunately I was unable to do that so I am forced to just close the doors. I don’t even have another business to refer you to because there is no one else on island that does what I did. Should this change I will make sure to let everyone know.

The cell phone business has greatly changed over these last 14 years & my services are not in as much demand as they had been, however it still demands 7 days a week & 365 days a year. I have had 5 days off in the last 14 years & those were for surgeries so yes I am tired. I am taking care of all customers who requested phones through June even if the return is in July but nothing after June.

I want to thank Carol & Eric for this forum because it is what made my little hobby into a pretty big business with lightening speed. It really happened so fast thanks to TTOL & the many, many wonderful customers that came to me from here.

I will miss all of you but I will still be on island during the winter months & I would love to see everyone when they are here. This business brought people from all over the world to my store & I have many memories to hold dear. I am keeping my email address so any previous customer who wants to contact me can still do so through the usual channel & as always if I can help I will…

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart & Doris sends her heartfelt thanks to everyone as well. We have made a lot of friends over the years & probably a few enemies as well but it was all worth it.

Sharon
QueenofSXM

--------------------
www.queenofsxm.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GaKaye
Traveler

Loc: Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
Re: From the QueenofSXM with Love & Appreciation [Re: SharonfromSXM]
      #1734240 - 06/01/17 06:16 AM (174.193.147.66)

Sharon, I'm sad to hear you're closing; but happy for you that you will now be able to enjoy more time with your family. Having been your customer for many years, I'll miss seeing you in that capacity; but I sure hope our times on the island will continue to coincide and we can enjoy more great dinner conversation, along with the special service that accompanying The Queen to a restaurant grants us .

Our best wishes to you in the future. You've definitely earned your retirement!

--------------------

ruralcarrierModerator

Loc: Ohio
      #1734242 - 06/01/17 06:22 AM (24.209.195.61)

Good luck going forward and thanks for all the service and convenience you have provided. Back before you started I would borrow a spare cell phone from my island friend. I know I will miss what you have provided.

--------------------
J.D.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1734248 - 06/01/17 08:06 AM (205.197.242.168)

Best wishes to you! We had very little to do with your success. You succeeded because you provide great service, without equal. I am sad for your customers but I am SO happy for you, that you will be able to enjoy life more. Take care. Hope to see you soon.

GaKaye
Traveler

Loc: Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
Re: From the QueenofSXM with Love & Appreciation [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1734250 - 06/01/17 08:10 AM (174.193.147.66)

Quote:

Carol_Hill said:
You succeeded because you provide great service, without equal.

This says it all!

--------------------

pat
Traveler

Loc: Brookfield, CT.
      #1734253 - 06/01/17 08:14 AM (75.133.113.202)

Dear Sharon,

You have provided so much to so many over the years, and that goes far beyond the scope of just renting us phones. I know you will be happy spending more time with Mike and Jericho (and the rest of your family, too......) but please know how much you will be missed by all of your many clients from around the world.

We will still look forward to seeing you at the beach or over a shared dinner, right?

Much happiness to you in the future and thanks for all the great memories from the past.

--------------------
Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."

Paul_Marion
Traveler

Loc: Plaistow, New Hampshire
      #1734255 - 06/01/17 08:21 AM (73.61.22.1)

Thanks Sharon, we will miss you and your phones.........at work.

--------------------
Remember the Monolith
Paul & Marion

PreK176
Traveler

Loc: Granville, MA
      #1734259 - 06/01/17 08:37 AM (73.143.51.17)

Sharon, didn't realize that you would be closing so soon! It really was great to see you and to share some authentic German food!! Although we haven't been customers for a few years it is thru TTOL that we got to know you. You offered a one of a kind service and will be dearly missed by many! We wish you all the best in your retirement! Enjoy that little grandson!!

--------------------
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

jollymonsrv
Traveler

Loc: So. Shore MA.
Re: From the QueenofSXM with Love & Appreciation [Re: PreK176]
      #1734260 - 06/01/17 08:39 AM (71.184.236.19)

Happy for You.... Sad for Us. Excellent service always provided by You and Staff. Best to you and All your Family Tom and Dianne

The_Lurker
Traveler

Loc: Connecticut
      #1734264 - 06/01/17 09:40 AM (24.44.41.166)

Sharon, I am so happy for you!! Time to enjoy your family for sure. Time goes by too fast!

We will miss your great service and your help in many other ways. You have become a special friend.

Hopefully we will still see you for dinner, lunch, hell breakfast!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 7210

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline