Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Jenni
Traveler

Loc: Wisconsin
Check your reservation with Delta through ATL
      #1751067 - 11/04/17 10:33 AM (65.31.102.221)

I checked my current reservation from MKE to ATL to SXM this morning and it didn't show us having a seat chosen for our trip from ATL to SXM. Then when I did a current check for price for those dates (2/15/18-2/24/18) it shows an overnight in San Juan. I called an agent and sure enough but instead she shows us with an overnight in ATL. I am not trying to upset anyone. I just want to make you aware of what's happening to us so you can avoid any issues down the line if your reservation has been affected as well.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jenni
Traveler

Re: Check your reservation with Delta through ATL [Re: Jenni]
      #1751068 - 11/04/17 10:39 AM (65.31.102.221)

As a side note...the agent mentioned that the change was for certain days of the week so it's possible you may not be affected. Our reservation was a Thursday departure and a Saturday return.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1751076 - 11/04/17 12:38 PM (107.77.253.5)

Jenni--I'm sorry you are having such a tribulation with your airfare. Pre-Irma, what had your normal air routing been to get to SXM?

Jenni
Traveler

Re: Check your reservation with Delta through ATL [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1751081 - 11/04/17 01:15 PM (65.31.102.221)

We were originally departing on American from MKE to CLT to SXM. They had a schedule change and had us going MKE to CLT to MIA to SXM. The problem with that was our connection left to MIA before we even arrived in CLT so that didn't work. Tried working with American even leaving out of ORD instead but that left with an overnight in MIA. So we decided to cancel and book with Delta. Now they changed our reservation upon departure with an overnight in ATL. It appears that only Thursday departures may be affected. But who know??? So just got off the phone with a Delta agent who was able to book us 2/16/18-2/25/18 (Friday to Sunday). Not exactly ideal, but it'll work. Thought about cancelling again and just trying to go somewhere else, but going someplace else just really doesn't appeal to us even with all the destruction. We really want to go back and support everyone who has made our past vacations so enjoyable. So I guess we'll hold our breath and hope there aren't anymore changes. Thanks for your concern. Again, I certainly didn't want to alarm anyone, just be aware and check your reservations often. As we didn't get any notification regarding the change. I found it by checking prices and then seeing our reservation was indeed changed the next day.

Ritchard
Traveler

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
      #1751099 - 11/04/17 03:46 PM (70.48.47.123)

I just checked all 4 of our Delta flights mid Feb, they switched some seats around, but we appear to be good to go.

--------------------

bbeach
Traveler

Loc: Iowa
Re: Check your reservation with Delta through ATL [Re: Ritchard]
      #1751222 - 11/06/17 12:58 PM (208.126.126.50)

Ours were good last week but this morning I checked and we left as normal but didn't get there until the next day. They must have cancelled the flight from Atlanta to SXM, now I looked online and no flight except for one day during the week. I called but nothing available from Delta so called American flying out of Chicago and they had room so will have to drive there and at least we can get there the same day unless they change some thing too. I did get a full refund from Delta.

Ritchard
Traveler

Re: Check your reservation with Delta through ATL [Re: bbeach]
      #1751225 - 11/06/17 01:17 PM (99.254.160.177)

Quote:

bbeach said:
Ours were good last week but this morning I checked and we left as normal but didn't get there until the next day. They must have cancelled the flight from Atlanta to SXM, now I looked online and no flight except for one day during the week. I called but nothing available from Delta so called American flying out of Chicago and they had room so will have to drive there and at least we can get there the same day unless they change some thing too. I did get a full refund from Delta.

What are/were your dates?

--------------------

bbeach
Traveler

Loc: Iowa
      #1751228 - 11/06/17 01:28 PM (208.126.126.50)

Feb 8/28

Ritchard
Traveler

Re: Check your reservation with Delta through ATL [Re: bbeach]
      #1751242 - 11/06/17 02:50 PM (99.254.160.177)

Strange

I have My wife and I and two young adult kids going Toronto>Atlanta>SXM, wife and I on the 15th, kids on the 19th, so far our tix show on the Delta site as I booked them, save for a seat change on the first leg of the flight on the 15th. Take-off @ 6.15 am, 90 min layover in ATL, arriving SXM 2.53 pm.

--------------------

Jenni
Traveler

#1751246 - 11/06/17 03:24 PM (65.30.9.80)

You may want to give Delta a call just to confirm that your reservation is indeed current and as listed. We were scheduled to leave on Thursday, 2/15 too and when they made the schedule change they had us leaving out of MKE on 2/15 but not arriving in SXM till Friday 2/16. When I called, the agent I spoke to said they were not flying from ATL to SXM on Thursdays for that time frame. You may also want to go onto Delta's website under Flight Schedules and put in your airport codes or flight numbers for your date of departure. When I checked YZZ to SXM on 2/15 it shows an arrival in SXM on Friday 2/16. Again, I'm not trying to upset anyone but since this is the second time I'm going through this I would want to know as soon as possible so that I could make other arrangements. I had the agent just change our departure from 2/15 to 2/16. But I do see that the leg from ATL to SXM is getting full so you may want to check soon. I personally wouldn't want to just go off of my reservation if other people are having the same issue. I hope everything works out for you.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2122

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline