Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Ritchard
Traveler

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Re: Check your reservation with Delta through ATL [Re: Jenni]
      #1751255 - 11/06/17 04:31 PM (99.254.160.177)

Jenni,

Well, you were right. There are no ATL>SXM flights on Thursdays now. They went ahead and changed our itinerary so that we had a 26 hour layover in Atlanta. Um, no. But there is an option(!), a 20-something hour layover in San Juan. Um, double no.

Enough is enough. It's time to cancel and find something else. I can't take this uncertainty, I have enough of that in real life.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jenni
Traveler

Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Check your reservation with Delta through ATL [Re: Ritchard]
      #1751256 - 11/06/17 04:40 PM (65.30.9.80)

I am very sorry to hear that. What about leaving on Friday 2/16 out of Toronto to SXM. Delta's flight schedule shows that as a viable flight that departs and arrives the same day. At least for now. I know what you mean about looking for someplace else. One more change and that'll be it for us as well. I've spent at least two days worth of time with American first and now with Delta to make it work. I sincerely hope you are able to work something out. Maybe if you leave on the 16th as we are, we can all share a cocktail on the plane.

Ritchard
Traveler

#1751257 - 11/06/17 04:45 PM (99.254.160.177)

I have had enough changes. WestJet Cancelled, Air Canada Cancelled, now Delta has switched up everything. 2018 is not my year for SXM.

Hmmm, where to now? Dare I go for my first cruise?

--------------------

Jenni
Traveler

#1751258 - 11/06/17 04:46 PM (65.30.9.80)

I tell you though, if you do try to leave on Friday, 2/16, try to speak with a supervisor. When I called to update our departure date to the 16th, the girl gave me a bit of a hard time. I told her you already have us leaving from ATL to SXM on 2/16, all you need to do is switch our MKE to ATL from 2/15 to 2/16 and all will be good. With some checking, she was able to make it work. I'm not sure if leaving one day later works for you, but it may be an option.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1751259 - 11/06/17 04:52 PM (73.255.141.246)

Ritchard--so sorry it hasn't worked out for you. It is really unfortunate that these airlines are doing this to people.

Jenni
Traveler

#1751260 - 11/06/17 04:52 PM (65.30.9.80)

I hear ya...and feel your pain. We've got 3 months to go, so a lot can happen in that time frame. We're thinking possibly about going back to St Lucia or maybe trying Curaçao, if they mess with us again. We've been on a cruise and my husband did not like it one bit. So that wouldn't work for us. You may like. It's a good way to get a taste of different islands. The only problem is it's just a taste. What ever you decide, my best to you for a wonderful, relaxing vacation.

Ritchard
Traveler

#1751262 - 11/06/17 05:09 PM (99.254.160.177)

Thank you Carol and Jenni. I am frankly a little heart broken. Like so many of you, I love SXM and wanted to get back so badly. I just need to book something and know there won't be any more cancellations. Our dates are pretty fixed due to my kid in University and his reading week.

--------------------

Jenni
Traveler

#1751264 - 11/06/17 05:14 PM (65.30.9.80)

We too will be heartbroken if we are unable to go due to another schedule change. Going to another island is nice, but it's just not the same. We've made so many friends over the years that we love seeing every year, that it would be a bit lonely. St Martin just feels like our second home, as many of you would agree. Best of luck to you. Let us know where you decide to go if you can.

moxie
Traveler

Loc: Toronto Canada
      #1751270 - 11/06/17 07:10 PM (67.70.127.140)

Thank you so much for starting this thread. When I checked our reservations I discovered that we were booked a day ahead to arrive and a day ahead to leave. No notification! So I managed to change them to better dates for accommodations. Also the poster who said that Delta has cancelled Thursday flights seems to be correct.

jeepers
Traveler

Loc: Cobourg Ontario Canada
      #1751277 - 11/06/17 09:43 PM (24.235.245.3)

Well wish us Luck! We were cancelled by westjet & Airtransat.we booked delta last Friday to leave toronto on Jan 7th to ATL then on to sxm next day a Monday. I will keep watching & take deep breaths as I do.
Sorry, Ritchard, everyone knows how you feel about getting there. We shall see. Fingers crossed!
Where we stay he is flexible to an extent.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2121

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline