Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
BeachKitten
Traveler

Loc: Maryland/DC Metro
Re: Why no Reports from Orient Beach? [Re: Biturbo]
      #1752624 - 12/01/17 12:51 PM (96.231.206.165)

Biturbo, I believe in paragraph 7 Pat indicated she is NOT talking about the Club O property....rather everything North of the rocks.

I agree with you Pat...but I did enjoy the upscale eateries, as it was an oasis to escape the craziness...until a huge bus with cruisers would roll through and they each got a shot of alcohol and then a particular section of chairs was roped off for them. And I too have witnessed more than I would care to of bad and crass behaviour.

--------------------
"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to rest" ;)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Biturbo
Traveler

Loc: Royersford, PA (30m NW of Phil...
Re: Why no Reports from Orient Beach? [Re: BeachKitten]
      #1752656 - 12/01/17 04:55 PM (71.224.168.103)

Others before Pat first mentioned the "circus like atmosphere", without specifying which part of the beach they were referencing. I guess I was just defending the many wonderful friends we've met over the years at Club O. Trust me, Pat & I are cool.
I too have witnessed the drunken, rude behavior. I think too many assume that if the beach allows toplessness and nudity, anything goes. The difference at the Club is that security is usually quick to respond.

--------------------
"It's a magic kind of medicine, that no doctor could prescribe." JB

marybeth
Traveler

Loc: Rhode Island
Re: Why no Reports from Orient Beach? [Re: Bob_Dot]
      #1752660 - 12/01/17 05:39 PM (72.201.52.113)

That's when we stopped going also. I loved the beach but it all got to be a bit too much for us, along with the parking & time to get there.

--------------------
MB

Southbound
Traveler

Loc: Southern US
Re: Why no Reports from Orient Beach? [Re: marybeth]
      #1752675 - 12/01/17 09:51 PM (209.58.149.41)

We are newbies compared to most here as we have made 7 trips to the island in the last 6 years. Much of our time has been spent on Orient Beach and the vast majority of that at the Club O beach even though we have never stayed there. In the beginning, we had no interest in the Club O area. We have met many friends on that beach in that relatively short time and while we spend time all over the island, I suppose we now consider that beach "home" when we are on the island.

As much as it hurts my heart to think of the loss that so many have experienced, we actually look forward to returning in July and experiencing Orient Beach as many of you have many years ago.

I have experienced a number of natural disasters in my day and in every case, the community has come back stronger as a result of nature's reset...I'm trusting SXM will do the same.

SXMbeachman
Traveler

Loc: Onset, MA just off the CC Can...
Re: Why no Reports from Orient Beach? [Re: ruralcarrier]
      #1752678 - 12/01/17 11:43 PM (173.76.43.114)

Quote:

ruralcarrier said:
First of all, it is NOT the single most important spot on the island.

There have been lots of reports, basically a lot of damage. Beach appears to be decent but not a lot of places to stay or eat at the present time. Extensive damage up and down the beach.

And what is?

SXMScubaman
Traveler

Loc: Auburn, WA
Re: Why no Reports from Orient Beach? [Re: SXMbeachman]
      #1752679 - 12/02/17 12:02 AM (174.216.26.178)

Quote:

SXMbeachman said:
Quote:

ruralcarrier said:

There have been lots of reports, basically a lot of damage. Beach appears to be decent but not a lot of places to stay or eat at the present time. Extensive damage up and down the beach.

And what is?

It's what's important to you. Is what is.

Edited by SXMScubaman (12/02/17 12:03 AM)

irish1223
Traveler

Loc: originally NY/now Tennessee
Re: Why no Reports from Orient Beach? [Re: Southbound]
      #1752680 - 12/02/17 12:53 AM (66.191.237.193)

Same here. While we love all of the island, Orient Beach was the first place we ever visited on SXM during a cruise to the island. We fell in love with SXM that very day and went back for a week at Club O the following year. We’ve been back at least once a year since that first visit in 2006 (staying at various places), and Orient Beach is always our favorite beach. We have since enjoyed many of the other beaches on both sides as well, but Orient still holds a special place in our hearts. We will love it with or without the ‘circus’ atmosphere (though busy at times, we have never found it to be anything but relaxing and laid back). We, too, have made many friends on that beach. Miss being there and can’t wait to get back to our 2nd ‘home’.

--------------------
Robin & Ed

ruralcarrierModerator

Loc: Ohio
      #1752684 - 12/02/17 07:45 AM (96.36.50.125)

Quote:

SXMbeachman said:
Quote:

ruralcarrier said:

And what is?

Well, perhaps the airport for one? No airport and not much a of a way to get to the island for most people.

--------------------
J.D.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1752697 - 12/02/17 12:08 PM (107.77.253.8)

Who says that there HAS to be the most important spot on the island? And why is it even helpful to make such a designation? There is certainly not a 'one size fits all', single most important spot on the island for EVERYONE. And what is most important to a single person also changes over the years. I know it has for us, over the 30 years we've been going. And that's normal and natural. People change over time and their needs and wants change. It's whatever is important to YOU, at that moment in time. That is what is so great about St. Maarten/St. Martin. It has something for everyone.

Going to close this one now, as it is not a productive argument.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
14 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 11500

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline