Traveltalkonline.com Forums

People Talk >> SXM People Talk

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Re: TSA Pre-Check [Re: Anonymous]
      #1577631 - 03/25/14 11:39 AM (68.100.78.185)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
left jfk to sxm, no removing shoes, belt, jacket, breezed right thru...though they did do a chemical wand test on my hands...coming home from sxm to jfk, same thing, no shoe removal, nothing removed from carryon, then was boarded with first class group...never applied for any tsa precheck, fly basically once per year...was an easy one this year!!

There is no TSA Precheck for International inbound flights to the United States, only on connecting flights after arrival to the USA.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jazzgal
Traveler

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: TSA Pre-Check [Re: jazzgal]
      #1577864 - 03/25/14 11:40 PM (69.64.233.2)

If you haven't applied for Pre-Check or Global Entry, getting Pre-Check is totally random. For instance, on a recent trip to FLL, I had Pre-Check on the outbound flight but not on the return. I commented to the TSA Agent about that and he encouraged me to apply, saying the TSA wants people to apply.

I went to a small office as directed by my online appointment. I assume it was a government office of some sort. There really wasn't an "interview" - the woman just verified my online answers and then took my fingerprints.

Only after I received my approval did I learn that Pre-Check is automatically included if you have Global Entry. Had I known that, I would have gone for Global Entry. No, I'm not confusing the two, Wayne; I have Pre-Check only and I did have to be fingerprinted.

--------------------

WayneH
Traveler

Loc: Londonderry, N.H.
      #1577880 - 03/26/14 06:22 AM (75.68.41.204)

Linda,

Thanks for the update and clarification. It almost sounds worthwhile but because it can't be used in every airport I am hesitant to spend the $85. They never did say why it can't be used at Key West. They only said that it can't be. Oh, well.

Wayne <><

Unregistered

#1577893 - 03/26/14 07:54 AM (68.184.24.246)

My husband and I both had pre check on our boarding passes and still had normal security checks

Unregistered

Re: TSA Pre-Check [Re: WayneH]
      #1577918 - 03/26/14 09:36 AM (68.100.78.185)

Quote:

WayneH said:
Linda,

Thanks for the update and clarification. It almost sounds worthwhile but because it can't be used in every airport I am hesitant to spend the $85. They never did say why it can't be used at Key West. They only said that it can't be. Oh, well.

Wayne <><

While precheck is not available "everywhere" it is pretty much available in all major airports in all states. Precheck not being available would be the exception not the rule. I would suggest you visit the TSA website to look at the list (over 120 airports) and check to see if the locations meet your particular flying patterns. As to why it isn't available at Key West - cost/benefit = passenger traffic.

SXMScubaman
Traveler

Loc: Auburn, WA
      #1578031 - 03/26/14 04:04 PM (75.172.60.98)

Is it possible to upgrade to Global Entry by paying the difference or would they want the full 100 to start all over?

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: TSA Pre-Check [Re: SXMScubaman]
      #1578032 - 03/26/14 04:05 PM (71.101.35.187)

To me, if one were to do it, it seems logical to just do global entry from the start. Are you saying that you have paid for pre-check by itself?

SXMWendell
Traveler

#1578034 - 03/26/14 04:11 PM (108.226.6.146)

There is no paying the difference. You are starting all over.

SXM??? Wendell

Unregistered

#1578046 - 03/26/14 04:51 PM (68.100.78.185)

Quote:

SXMScubaman said:
Is it possible to upgrade to Global Entry by paying the difference or would they want the full 100 to start all over?

Global Entry is a CBP program and is administered by CBP. TSA has nothing to do with Global Entry. The only relationship is that membership in a CBP trusted traveler program entitles you to expedited screening(precheck)Separate programs, separate fees.

kim
Traveler

Loc: Newtown, CT
Re: TSA Pre-Check [Re: marybeth]
      #1578062 - 03/26/14 06:06 PM (24.151.45.6)

Quote:

marybeth said:
There is no Pre-Check line at PJIA so you'll use the regular security lines. Personally I love Pre-Check which I get thru Delta (probably cuz of my FF status) as I have never applied for it. Don never has applied either and he is assigned Pre-Check if we're on the same ticket. Saves us oodles of time in Atlanta but you do have to be careful. Not all Pre-Check lines have the body scanners & Don cannot go thru the magnetron scanner at all & I have 2 artificial hips so we have to get wanded depending on the departure airport.

First nice meeting you at BBB!! We were so confused, when AA gave us our boarding passes at PJIA thats where it said TSA PreCheck? but there were no special lines, not that we would have even known what to do!!! Wonder why it was stamped on our tickets if it isnt offered at the airport

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 8427

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline