Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
nouth
Traveler

First timers advice for Club O
      #1450109 - 10/25/12 03:00 PM (71.85.112.171)

I know pieces of what I am about to ask appear in various places here but please indulge me. I am looking for advice for a first timer to Club O.

We were on the island for a week early November last year and loved the beaches, esp. Orient and Happy Bay. It was my wife’s first CO experience and, frankly, I was surprised how much my demure, conservative, modest wife enjoyed it. At Happy Bay she felt free to lose it all as there was almost no one else there. We rented chairs from Danny and enjoyed his beverage service. Drawbacks for her were the hike to get there, no “facilities,” and several creepy bushwackers. When the only other couples on the beach left she wanted to leave as well because she did not feel safe.

We spent several days on Orient Beach but not at Club O. My wife just could not get used to what she calls “social nudity.” We landed at Kon Tiki several days and enjoyed the hospitality and service. By the end of the week my wife was comfortable enough to shed her top. I did finally get her to pose (textile free) for several pictures in front of the Club O sign (my most treasured souvenirs from our trip).

We are returning Nov. 3. This year our plan (make that my plan, hoping my wife will agree) is to spend days when the large cruise ships are in at Happy Bay. I have contacted the folk at Grand Case Beach Club who tell me they will water taxi to Happy Bay for $15 round trip. My only concern is that I do not know these people and how reliable they are. I can envision getting ourselves stranded there without a ride back. Does anyone have experience with them?

On the days with light cruise ship traffic I am hoping to convince my wife to give Club O a try. Here is where I need advice. Can someone give me a “first-timer’s guide” to Club O? We would like to enjoy the CO experience but do so on our own. We are not anti-social but we would like to enjoy the beach together without having to interact with scores of other people. Also, while my wife was finally able to enjoy the CO experience, I was not. My wife is easily mistaken for our daughters and people actually believe her when she lies about her age. I, on the other hand, am way overweight and my nakid presence would scare even the most jaded naturist. I know we will be surrounded by others but can you give us advice on how to navigate Club O? How or where do we park, rent chairs, set up in a less crowded area, order food and drinks? What advice can you give me about making her feel comfortable there? Who knows how my wife will respond. She sure surprised me last year. I am hoping she will again this time.

Finally, we are open to any other advice you have for us. Are there other favorite beaches we could enjoy CO without a crowd around us but yet have my wife feel safe?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Toronto
Traveler

Loc: Canada
Re: First timers advice for Club O [Re: nouth]
      #1450122 - 10/25/12 03:27 PM (204.101.12.13)

Happy Bay we find is the best. The bush wackers do not usually bother you. they are most likely more shy and scared then most on the beach!

Joecool
Traveler

Re: First timers advice for Club O [Re: Toronto]
      #1450158 - 10/25/12 05:08 PM (68.193.126.83)

As Toronto said, the bushwhackers don't usually bother you, but then again I understand your wife's feelings of concern. Happy Bay is a great beach. The two other beaches my wife and I go to be naked is Baie Rouge on the west end and Cupecoy. PM us if you need directions on how to go.
I know there are many Orient Beach fans on the board, but since it's your wife's first couple of times, it is best to let her ease into it. We have gone to the Club Orient section of Orient cause we like to be naked. My wife isn't into the "social nude" idea either. Our first time there, things seemed a little over the top as some people were just there carrying on like exhibitionists. We both sensed some male guests were flaunting themselves. A huge turn-off for both of us. It seems as Orient has become more well known, some people are going for the "thrill" of of it. It is a great place, and true nudists respect the privacy of others, so don't think people will just walk right up and chat cause you're both naked. Again, check out Baie Rouge on the west end of the beach as well as Cupecoy. Both beaches easily accessible. Have a great trip.

ChunkyDunkin
Traveler

Loc: Great PacNW
      #1450171 - 10/25/12 05:40 PM (208.78.51.38)

Just back from our 7th day on the Club O beach. Many more to go this trip. Have not seen any improper behavior on Club O beach at all. Everyone is quite friendly and willing to get aquainted if you want or leave you to your business.
The further you go south the less dense the beach population, especially if you go more to the rear of the beach. Walk maybe 2/3 to 3/4 the way down to Papagayo's from the Perch end and find either untagged chairs or chairs with just day tags (3 paper tags) and set up shop. The beach guys start setting up umbrellas around 9:30 am. You will find it nicely quiet, take a few dips in the ocean, very clean right now and refreshingly cool.
As far as bodies go, there's all shapes with lots of packing more weight than we should be.
Post here again if you want a hike-in to Happy Bay and you may get some compatriates to do a co-hike.
Most all of us have been thru the same concerns you have.
Travel safely.

Unregistered

#1450177 - 10/25/12 06:07 PM (108.170.116.10)

I felt the same way as your wife the first few times my husband convinced me to spend time at Club O as day trippers. What broke the ice for me was my husband booking us a day trip on TikoTiko - we didn't know any of the people ahead of time. I was nervous, but we had such a great time and made great friends. Not a model type in the group, male or female, which made me feel completely comfortable. After that, being nude at Club O actually felt safer (and more fun!) than being on a deserted beach where, I agree - you sometimes feel like you have to keep an eye on the bushes.

Unregistered

#1450194 - 10/25/12 06:42 PM (107.9.16.124)

Park or Cab to Pedro's.
Walk and eat lunch at Papagayo's (w/Clothes) looking over the water.
Buy some beers at the Papagayo bar.
Plop down on some chairs nearest Papagayo (1st,2nd,3rd row)
Enjoy the beers and beach.
Wait you to pop the top.
The bottoms are right behind.
Buy more beers.
Leave.
Come back tomorrow.
Get chairs, drop clothes.
Eat lunch at Papagayo sans clothes.
Go back to chairs.
Walk to Perch to buy beers.
Walk back to chairs.
Leave
Comeback and repeat.

Unregistered

#1450228 - 10/25/12 09:09 PM (209.6.147.154)

Ok. I am a Club O regular (and stay there), but I don't view cruise ship people as much of a problem. They wander up and down the beach, but generally keep their eyes fixed on the water's edge. There are a few jerks (both male and female) who look around and make jokes, but it is only a few and they are easily discounted. If they bother you or your wife, you can move one row back and they will be a non-issue.
You will find your physical shape is also not an issue, as Club O guests (and everyone else on the beach) come in a wide range of sizes and shapes and ages, perhaps with a bit of a bias toward older.

FireProf
Traveler

Loc: Southern California
Re: First timers advice for Club O [Re: Anonymous]
      #1450273 - 10/25/12 11:45 PM (108.13.170.22)

We had been Club Orient regulars as well ... for 9 years but because of surgeries, we've not been back in a while ... but that will change soon. Now ... what was said is very true, in the post above mine. So true that ...

My wife has gone and wants to return; it's safe enough for her.

WE took our entire family, minus one son in law and we'd take them again ... kids and grandkids. We felt it was that safe.

Hope that tells you that we think Club Orient is safe and by the way ... the cruise people don't bother us either, there aren't as many gawkers as some would have you think and ... they didn't bother our naked kids or grandchildren either!

tiger79
Traveler

Loc: England
      #1450278 - 10/26/12 03:08 AM (86.132.39.124)

Quote:

nouth said:
Also, while my wife was finally able to enjoy the CO experience, I was not. My wife is easily mistaken for our daughters and people actually believe her when she lies about her age. I, on the other hand, am way overweight and my nakid presence would scare even the most jaded naturist.

I'm confused. Are you planning to go to Orient Beach but stay clothed whilst encouraging your wife to be naked?

Durathror
Traveler

Loc: NC, USA
Re: First timers advice for Club O [Re: tiger79]
      #1450293 - 10/26/12 08:00 AM (66.194.221.210)

Quote:

tiger79 said:
Quote:

nouth said:
Also, while my wife was finally able to enjoy the CO experience, I was not. My wife is easily mistaken for our daughters and people actually believe her when she lies about her age. I, on the other hand, am way overweight and my nakid presence would scare even the most jaded naturist.

I'm confused. Are you planning to go to Orient Beach but stayed clothed whilst encouraging your wife to be naked?

That is what I was wondering. In my experience, the best way to do something new is to do it with someone you love. If you really want your wife to give Club O a try, you should be willing to step up to the plate yourself. My wife and I just did our first time nude and I cannot imagine having done it alone.

--------------------
There's a small fortune to be made in racing; just start with a large one.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2431

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline