Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1
sunseeker
Traveler

Loc: PEI, Canada
First visit to St Barts
      #1452556 - 11/04/12 08:51 AM (142.177.91.196)

We are going to be on a cruise that stops in St Barts (have not been there before) in late January.
Would prefer to be going back to SXM and Club O, however we are traveling with non-nudist best-friends and have to keep everyone happy.
Our research tells is that discrete nudity is accepted at an area of both Saline and Gouveneur beaches. So my wife and I are planning to get some nude time at either beach.
We are also trying to decide if it would be better for us to rent a car for day or get a taxi at approx. 25 euro.
Any suggestions as to which beach is better re walk from a parking area, any shade, any nearby food or drink, etc.
Does anyone know if there is anywhere on St Barts to rent beach umbrella for a few hours?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: First visit to St Barts [Re: sunseeker]
      #1452562 - 11/04/12 08:58 AM (68.246.204.36)

I have only been to Saline (an absolutely beautiful beach, by the way) and it's been a while, but there were absolutely NO facilities there--no place for food and drink and no chairs or umbrellasm and no shade. It was a decent little walk, up and over a little hill to get there, unless something has changed. To go there with a taxi, you would definitely need to make pre-arrangments to have the driver pick you back up. I don't know anything about Gouveneur.

Unregistered

#1452622 - 11/04/12 12:11 PM (75.85.217.32)

Been to St.Barts several times. Yes both Gouveneur and Saline are nude friendly. Saline pretty much the entire beach and gouveneur down at the far end. No shade at either beach. Don't know of any place that rents umbrellas for the day. Wife and I actually purchased chairs for our week long visit.

I would definately rent a car. As the beaches are a little out of the way and it would take some close coordination with your taxi driver to come back and get you. More so on Saline then Gouveneur.

Wcstflyer
Traveler

Loc: California/Florida
      #1452647 - 11/04/12 03:18 PM (108.33.44.110)

Quote:

sunseeker said: We are also trying to decide if it would be better for us to rent a car for day or get a taxi at approx. 25 euro.

St. Barts is a compact island where most everything from the airport to the cars are in miniature. If you are visiting for a limited amount of time I highly encourage you to book a car rental in advance rather than explore the island via a taxi. http://www.sbhonline.com/St-Barts-Car-Rentals/St-Barts-Car-Rental.html

Note: On St. Barts a Mini Cooper convertible with a normally aspirated 1.6 liter inline 4-cylinder engine is the island equivalent of a muscle car. It was a barrel of fun for us to drive and should navigate the roads to beautiful Saline beach nicely for you.

ChuckG
Traveler

Loc: PA
Re: First visit to St Barts [Re: Wcstflyer]
      #1452843 - 11/05/12 11:49 AM (71.58.69.252)

There is a beach stuff shop in St. Jean area somewhere, we rented umbrellas and chairs there for the week and the umbrellas lasted about a day in the stiff breezes. Might work for you tho'.

--------------------
Chuck and Joni

sunseeker
Traveler

Loc: PEI, Canada
Re: First visit to St Barts [Re: ChuckG]
      #1453629 - 11/08/12 07:58 PM (142.177.17.37)

Thanks to each of you - Carol, Wcstflyer, and ChuckG.

Your info is so helpful to us.

mikebarebeaches
Traveler

Loc: Bristol, United Kingdom
      #1461093 - 12/09/12 03:27 PM (82.46.88.247)

Hi - wife and I spent the day at Gouverneur beach February last year (2011). We were on the Bare Necessities nude cruise to the French islands, which called in at St Barts.

We pre-arranged a taxi by email a few weeks before our trip - Gouverneur beach looked closer and easier than Saline to get to. The taxi dropped us off at the car park directly adjacent to the beach - and collected us at the pre-arranged time to go back to port.

As said by others, a stunning spot, but no facilities. I think you are expected to walk to the other end of the beach to strip off, but because there was a nude cruise in town, with dozens of bare body buffs everyone just stripped off as soon as they were on the sand. Since the island is French it should be no big deal in any case. I had a dodgy knee so didn't want to walk too far.

Taxi details - Claude Questel - E: claude.taxi10@hotmail.fr

"Quayside to Gouverneur beach and back to the quayside 50 euros or 70 usd"

Claude Taxi 10 - cell: 0590690 49 34 54

Claude was completely reliable and charming too - we exchanged a few messages in advance of our trip.

Have a great time whatever you decide.

Mike

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2080

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline