Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1

Unregistered

Club O question
      #1452681 - 11/04/12 05:17 PM (76.188.24.229)

Ok, we've decided to visit Club O for our 25th anniversary. Looking to book mid-Sept. 2013. Any thoughts on the timing of our visit, which units are best for easy beach access, rental car or taxis? Should we book direct or through an agent? Any suggestions as to an agent? We thought we had settled on Paya Bay but the State Department has Honduras on the "hot" list for travel, in spite of the fact that Roatan is quiet and peaceful it still leaves us unsettled. Thank you all.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FireProf
Traveler

Loc: Southern California
Re: Club O question [Re: Anonymous]
      #1452686 - 11/04/12 05:37 PM (108.13.170.22)

You'll have to decide for yourself after you've sifted through the responses you're gonna get. I can only tell you through experience and what our friends do, that are also annual visitors to SXM and Club O.

Not sure of the weather in Sept. We usually go in June but friends have visited during Sept and Oct. They had a little rain but not enough to keep them inside most of the time. Plenty of sun and warm weather.

Beach access; the closest you'll get to the water is a Beach Chalet but they are also the priciest. The next row of units are the Studios. We initially stayed in Beach Chalets but moved to the Studios. Those are where many of our friends stay. Downside to a Studio; two Studio's to a slab. If you have noisey, inconsiderate neighbors ... it can make your vacation questionable. If you're lucky and have quiet and considerate slabmates ... they are great units and the cheapest units. The Studios are more than adequate, have a small kitchen, large enough for us to have hosted a party for a couple dozen friends and family. A few of them even have beach views between a couple of the Beach Chalets. In the Beach Chalets, there is much more room and you can listen to the waves at night til you fall asleep. Large kitchens and dining area, sitting area (small living room) and bedroom and bathroom. Being able to sit on the front patio and see the entire beach and water is a real plus but we found that we were ALWAYS on the beach so we didn't do much sitting and looking at the beach from our patio.

We and our friends always rent a car. Several times we've "shared" a rental car and that works out great if you're going with another couple. Going alone and depending on how much time you'll be going off the compound ... could be worth it to rent a car or ... take a taxi if you're only gonna go off once or twice.

Having stayed so frequently, at Club O, we do tend to go off the compound more frequently and are getting to know the island a bit better and are more comfortable with navigating the roads and areas of SXM.

Initially ... we booked with an agent, Internaturally, with Sherry Stafford Loibel, but after the first time ... we began booking the trip ourselves, making our own flights and connections and reservations. It was just easier if there were any changes we had to make to do it ourselves than to always involve an agent. Sherry was awesome but we felt comfortable with arranging our trip.

You'll need to be aware of your surroundings on SXM as well. Just be consciencious and don't get complacent and you'll enjoy your trip. We love it there and hope to return to our annual trips to Club O and SXM this coming summer.

Have a fun trip!

Edited by FireProf (11/04/12 05:42 PM)

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1452691 - 11/04/12 06:01 PM (68.246.204.36)

First, you need to make sure they will be open in September 2013, as they were NOT open in September this year, as they were closed for vacation...

Durathror
Traveler

Loc: NC, USA
Re: Club O question [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1452702 - 11/04/12 06:47 PM (174.97.152.68)

I was advised that they would most likely be closed in September. As a result, I booked at Club Fantastico.

Here is my thread - http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...rt=all&vc=1

--------------------
There's a small fortune to be made in racing; just start with a large one.

Sun4MnM
Traveler

Loc: Texas
      #1452735 - 11/05/12 12:59 AM (72.191.5.247)

First, congrats on the upcoming 25th anniversary and selecting Club O to mark it! We've always traveled there in late June...take advantage of 1) lower summer rates and 2) avoid potential for hurricanes which increases each month from April/May thru Oct/Nov. Club O also typically closes either the Perch (beach bar) or Papagayos (restaurant) during Aug/Sep timeframe for renovation/employee vacations, etc...check the Club O web site for more information.

Never have used an agent...always made the arrangements ourselves. Club O's on-line reservation system is straight forward. We reserved taxi service (Mr Louis Richardson) via email from Club O to pick us up at the airport on our first visit which worked well. The next year we rented a car from Kenny's for our entire stay...picked it up at the airport...again worked well. If you've not visited the island before (or driven there), would suggest using the Club O taxi service from Mr Richardson. Club O also has a car rental service if you'd like to rent a car for only a day or two.

Beach access from any of the Club O units is good. As you might imagine, the waterfront chalets (most expensive) and beach chalets give you the most direct access and shortest walk to the beach, < 1 or 2 minutes. Add another few minutes for the studios and mini-suites.

We stayed in a beach chalet on our first visit which was spacious; however, these units only have A/C in the bedroom. We stayed in a mini-suite deluxe duplex unit on our next visit which is totally air conditioned with a king bed.

Suggest going to the Club O web site and looking at the resort layout which shows where the various units are located relative to the beach, the Perch, Papagayos, and the La Boutique store/Club O main office.

Bon Voyage!

Unregistered

Re: Club O question [Re: Sun4MnM]
      #1452760 - 11/05/12 07:47 AM (76.188.24.229)

Thank you all for such good information. I guess we will look to either late August or October. Our two youngest will enter college in mid-August and we can't wait to embark on the very first vacation alone since our honeymoon 25 years ago.

Walt
Traveler

Loc: Rochester NY
      #1452896 - 11/05/12 03:17 PM (69.207.90.150)

The best place to get answers to your question is this board and Caribbean Island Travel(ttol sponsor). We have stayed at Club O for the last 10 years and love the place. Jim and Mary Ruos (CIT)are the nicest and most knowledgeable people when it comes to Orient Beach and Club O. The won't steer you wrong. Be prepared to get hooked on Club O

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1452900 - 11/05/12 03:29 PM (71.101.41.196)

I would advise late August or after the middle of October, to make sure you don't have a problem with them closing, if they do decide to close in fact. As someone else suggested, give Jim and Mary a call. Check out the TTOL sponsors link at the top of the page for Caribbean Islands Travel Service. The price for Club O is EXACTLY the same, regardless of who you book through. However, since you're a newbie, you will have a ton of questions, which Jim and Mary will know the answers to. And, while specific units within the resort are not guaranteed, since they book a TON of people into Club O, they have some pull with getting you the best location. And best of all, using their services costs you exactly the same as if you had booked it through Club O yourself, but you have someone you can safely ask those million questions, without having to worry about sending ten million emails or making very expensive phone calls! Enjoy!

Unregistered

Re: Club O question [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1452931 - 11/05/12 05:02 PM (76.188.24.229)

Will do, thank you. Have found from experience that agents can be helpful booking specified resorts and obtaining desired rooms.

sailn
Traveler

Loc: South East US, Carolinas coast
      #1452970 - 11/05/12 07:35 PM (71.204.245.85)

Mr Hurricane can visit during September also.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 1585

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline