Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1
IrieJim
Traveler

Loc: Nashville
Caliente Caribe aka Eden Bay in the DR
      #1459289 - 12/02/12 06:27 PM (68.53.59.6)

We will be staying at Caliente Caribe for the first time January 10-18. I've read everything I could find on line but would like to know from couples that have been there recently....what does everyone wear or not wear to Breakfast, lunch, dinner and the club. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Jim n Celeste

--------------------
Are we there yet?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Caliente Caribe aka Eden Bay in the DR [Re: IrieJim]
      #1459294 - 12/02/12 06:51 PM (108.96.164.173)

Can't help you with a recent report, as it has been a long time since we have been there. I would love to hear your report upon your return, however! I will tell you that CC is easily is the most physically beautiful setting of a naturist resort that we have been to. I hope that you have a room down on the beach, as that is definitely the better place to be.

IrieJim
Traveler

Re: Caliente Caribe aka Eden Bay in the DR [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1459301 - 12/02/12 07:17 PM (68.53.59.6)

Yup! We're booked into 402 right on the beach. Looking forward to it....just wondering what or what not to pack. J&C

--------------------
Are we there yet?

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
      #1459307 - 12/02/12 07:49 PM (108.96.164.173)

Beautiful views from there! Enjoy!

tiger79
Traveler

Loc: England
      #1459375 - 12/03/12 06:59 AM (86.132.38.81)

Quote:

IrieJim said:
Yup! We're booked into 402 right on the beach. Looking forward to it....just wondering what or what not to pack. J&C

The villas at the beach level are great. We were there about a year ago and loved it. As Carol said, it's one of the most scenically beautiful resorts.

There's basically no dress code or requirement - you can be nude 24/7 if you wish (and it's almost always warm enough). At breakfast, some guys will be nude and take a towel to sit on, while others will wear shorts and a shirt or T-shirt; ladies tend to wear something light. Lunch is served at the beach bar, and most people are nude as they've gone straight from sunbeds/pool; again, some will wear a light cover-up. At dinner, some guys are nude, some will wear shorts/shirt; ladies at dinner often wear more "exotic" partywear, but some just stick to light cover-ups. Some couples explore the boundaries of good taste with "slut wear"!

From personal experience, all I've ever worn at Caribe is a light pareo wrap - easier to carry than a towel and can either be worn or sat on (if you don't have any, they sell them in the resort shop). My wife tended to wear pareos or sheer cover-ups. I tended to go barefoot most places, but trainers or sandals are a good idea if you want to explore the grounds.

The after-dinner entertainment can include dancing, and this might influence your choice of what to wear.

Although the resort has a beach, sea conditions aren't great for swimming, and I wouldn't bother taking anything like snorkel gear with you.

If you plan to go on any trips, you'll obviously need appropriate street clothes. I was once told of one regular Caribe visitor who would arrive in a cab, undress in reception and put his clothes in a carrier bag, then stay nude until a few minutes before his transfer back to the airport.

Although the grounds are sprayed, there can be an insect problem so make sure you take bug spray with you for evenings.

The DR is a very poor third-world country with high levels of crime and corruption. Despite that, most of the locals are cheery and pleasant. But don't risk exposing yourselves to unnecessary danger. Don't be tempted to rent a car in any circumstances. If you want to go out independently (as opposed to an organised excursion), ask reception to arrange a taxi driver for your entire trip, so that he stays with you. Only take as much cash as you might need if you go out. Don't take any precious jewellery/watches/etc.

Caribe is a very laid-back resort, if you relax into the pace of life there, you'll enjoy it immensely!

Unregistered

Re: Caliente Caribe aka Eden Bay in the DR [Re: tiger79]
      #1460844 - 12/08/12 10:09 AM (68.151.125.75)

Perfectly put Tiger79

We have been there twice. A lot depends on the mix or group of people there. Great place, wonderful staff.

We have always been there with nudist friends/groups, but that seems to be changing as the main market now is lifestyle groups.

IrieJim
Traveler

Re: Caliente Caribe aka Eden Bay in the DR [Re: Anonymous]
      #1461185 - 12/09/12 08:59 PM (68.53.59.6)

Thanks so much for the information. One more question related to cell phone usage. We have AT&T international. Will we be able to make and receive calls at the resort or should we plan to use Skype up at the main building?

--------------------
Are we there yet?

tiger79
Traveler

Loc: England
      #1461202 - 12/10/12 03:21 AM (86.154.15.68)

There is cell coverage, but as I recall the signal isn't great.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 2112

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline