Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1
suntwo
Traveler

Loc: Florida
Key West Nude Beach
      #1465817 - 12/31/12 05:52 PM (72.148.177.145)

Anyone know the status of the establishment of a nude beach in Key West? Going there soon. Awhile back this was a hot topic.

--------------------
Manawa iki ola pau'ole

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FreshAir
Traveler

Loc: Middle America
Re: Key West Nude Beach [Re: suntwo]
      #1465829 - 12/31/12 06:28 PM (174.74.112.169)

I would like to know as well. I was also checking out clothing optional charters in Key West and it appears there are several options...but pricey for just one couple.

WayneH
Traveler

Loc: Londonderry, N.H.
      #1465927 - 01/01/13 11:57 AM (75.68.41.204)

I wanted to wait a few hours to see if anyone had anything more up to date than I have. It would seem that a nude or clothing optional beach won't be forthcoming in the immediate future. Key West, as all are aware, is not known for it's beaches, unlike St. Martin. There are also logistics as to where this potential beach might have been. It is quite off the beaten path. There are no accommodations or restaurants anywhere near the proposed beach. Actually, none of Key West's beaches are near anything. Although I am a frequent visitor to Key West as well as a naturist, I could not see myself visiting this nude or clothing optional beach were it to become a reality. There is too much to do back in Old Town and around the rest of the island. I doubt that this idea will ever get off the ground. St. Martin/St. Maarten beaches are a destination. Key West beaches, nude or not, won't be.

Wayne <><

Unregistered

Re: Key West Nude Beach [Re: WayneH]
      #1467251 - 01/06/13 07:06 AM (173.71.72.109)

No nude beach but the bar on top of the Ram and Bull is a Nude Bar

BigMacIain
Traveler

Loc: Caledonia, ON, Canada
Re: Key West Nude Beach [Re: Anonymous]
      #1469014 - 01/11/13 07:07 PM (50.70.3.121)

OK, I'm curious. How does that work? You have to be wearing some clothes to get to the bar. Is there a cloak room where you leave your gear? (Trying to imagine a bunch of naked people in a bar holding totes with their street clothes.)

--------------------

rockhill
Traveler

Loc: North Texas
Re: Key West Nude Beach [Re: BigMacIain]
      #1469116 - 01/12/13 09:45 AM (75.9.40.246)

It is actually called the Garden of Eden and is on the third floor above the Bull & Whistle bar. Yes,you must be clothed on the street but then have the option to remove clothing while there. Sometimes your perception would be very accurate.Other times,(most?) only 1 or 2 people nude, the rest gawkers,or just non-nudist.

Edited by rockhill (01/12/13 01:08 PM)

Wcstflyer
Traveler

Loc: California/Florida
Re: Key West Nude Beach [Re: BigMacIain]
      #1469206 - 01/12/13 03:32 PM (142.136.5.119)

Quote:

BigMacIain said:
OK, I'm curious. How does that work? You have to be wearing some clothes to get to the bar. Is there a cloak room where you leave your gear? (Trying to imagine a bunch of naked people in a bar holding totes with their street clothes.)

We wear light tropical clothing and stuff them into an oversized purse my wife carries.

I mentioned our last trip to the Garden of Eden on a post below "Key West Trip Report" under United States & Canada so this is a bit of duplication. The rather unique clothing-optional establishment, three flights up off Duval Street, can be a roll-of-the-dice depending on any given night and the mix of the crowd. It is not a large rooftop bar by most measure, with a bar to the right as one enters from the Bull and Whistle access point. Across on the opposite side there are lounge chairs and a shower. For added entertainment there is body painting after 10 pm and the results are viewed for posterity as a greatest hits video on a TV at the bar.

One should not go there with anticipation of finding a crowd similar to that at a Florida nudist nightclub. Rather go with the flow and occasionally the bar entertainment becomes spontaneous at the most unsuspecting moments. For example we were there on a mid-December afternoon- not normally a peak time for revelry- when several young couples from a cruise ship stopped in. In a bit of a surprise, two of the females ended up disrobing to Sun themselves on deck lounges while their male counterparts were left at bar to drink heavily and create excuses for a decided lack of nudist courage. While my degrees are not in Behavioral Psychology I harken to the following memorable line from the 1987 movie Dragnet. Alexandra Paul (as 23-year-old Connie Swail) to Tom Hanks in the midst of fighting a gigantic animatronic anaconda: "Why is his so much bigger than yours?"

FreshAir
Traveler

Loc: Middle America
      #1473133 - 01/25/13 08:57 AM (174.74.112.169)

We did check out Garden of Eden. Don't know why I thought there was a pool, but there's not. We went during the day and thought it just wasn't us. There was one guy in the middle nude and a lady off to the right nude, kind of hidden behind a rail and 3 guys at the bar drinking fully clothed.

We found a beach where you can be nude. You can google Boca Chica Beach or I can provide directions if anyone is interested. It's not a clean beach as piles and piles of sea moss accumulate. It's about a mile or so walk in (easier walk than Happy Bay on St Maarten) and you cross an inlet which is about 30 yards wide so you'll need water shoes. You can cross at either low or hi tide. There are areas of sand amidst the piled moss where you can set up for the day. Some spots provide both plentiful sun and shade. While there are spots where you can get into the water, the beach in most spots is to rocky to get in but the cool ocean breeze keeps you comfortable. Not a great beach per se, but you are looking our over the ocean, you're nude and it's extremely relaxing. We went four days and enjoyed every one of them.

It was busier on the weekend with mostly guys, single and in pairs but all very friendly and a few couples. During the week, almost nobody but a few guys and a random couple. In any case, you're always very far away from anyone else.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 11701

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline