Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1
Jaybird
Traveler

Loc: East Texas
Zipolite, Mexico
      #1486753 - 03/03/13 04:27 PM (74.197.222.163)

Just read an article in our local paper about Zipolite. Has anybody been there? Seems hard to get to but very inexpensive once you get there.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bugambilias
Traveler

Loc: Playa del Carmen, MX
Re: Zipolite, Mexico [Re: Jaybird]
      #1488986 - 03/09/13 03:27 PM (187.153.10.176)

Maybe because it is difficult to get there and not really worth all that trouble. It might be a little too rustic for a person who is not used to Mexico or over forty.

We have heard the accommodations are quite rustic and service can be expected in "a Mexican minute."

You might find it quite different, quaint and charming. I am only passing on what I have heard from people who have been there and only in language proper for a public forum.

Travel warnings with map.

--------------------
check out my blog

Canadianeh
Traveler

Loc: Canada
      #1489008 - 03/09/13 04:22 PM (70.72.196.132)

My wife and I have been there several times. Our daughter was on a 9 month program in Porto Escondido to teach Mexican children english and we were initially drawn to that town. We were very impressed with the town ( I think 5,000 to 10,000 people). Very clean streets and there seemed to be a level of pride in their surroundings that quite often isn't shown in other Mexican coastal places. Zipolite is about a 40 minute drive south from Porto Escondio ( I think it was ~ $ 10 cab ride if don't have a car ) so decided to have a look. You can also get there by flying to Hualtuco which is also about a 40 minute drive. To get to either Porto or Hualtuco I think you need to fly through Mexico City. We had read that Zipolite was a little bit hippie in its history and some of that still exists today - we used to be part of that era so kinda liked the vibes. We also read that it is also nude friendly on the beech so we decided to have a look. The nude people were mostly ~ 20 to 40 years of age and maybe 10 to a max of 20 people at any 1 time ). It is a really nice little town with some European influence via some of the restaurants. The main street is about the equivalent of 3 city blocks long with everything you might need for groceries, liquor, some limited clothing stores ( t-shirts etc.) and some really good dinner food restaurants. The accomodation is the weak part. Most of the accomodation is open air with fans and mosquito nets. The last time we were there about 2 years ago there was only 1 place on the beach with a pool. The pool was nice to go to once and a while but the beach is very long and broad and no problem strolling nude the entire length. We stayed at this place and the room we had was the only room with a fridge so that was handy rather than buying everything at the restaurant they had on site or in town. The place I'm referring to is calle "Nude" and can be found on line but it comes up in spanish so you'll need to use an online translator. There was also a new 3 story condo being built with a pool which wasn't necessarily a nude place but it was nicely done and I believe it was organized by some Canadians but I lost their info so don't know if rentals are available. It came with all the conveniences including full kitchen, AC, TV's etc. The Nude place was around $ 60 per night but I checked lately and it looks like its gone up to about $ 100 per night. We were there in the summer so it was probably cheaper for that reason also, but the summer night can be sticky to sleep so you might want to avoid the July - August period if thats an issue. There were a couple of other establishments on a hill overlooking the beach which I believe were also AC'd but we never looked at them as we didn't want to be that far from the beach. Overall, a very nice quite layed back place, nude friendly ( legally accepted ) with friendly people and yes there was a fair amount of tequila and mescal if and when needed. I think there was one other motel-like place on the beach but it was pretty basic and no kitchens to speak of. Check it out on the web and you'll see what I mean. I would be interested in the article you came across and maybe if you ever decide to go maybe we could plan to meet for a tequila or other embibement.

Jaybird
Traveler

Loc: East Texas
Re: Zipolite, Mexico [Re: Canadianeh]
      #1489192 - 03/10/13 01:01 PM (74.197.222.163)

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/02/26...ipolite-mexico/

Try this link. It is the same article that was in our local paper.

Canadianeh
Traveler

Loc: Canada
      #1489226 - 03/10/13 03:25 PM (108.181.109.208)

Pretty accurate description.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 3839

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline