Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)
DSSS
Traveler

Re: NC beaches [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1515555 - 06/16/13 02:40 PM (72.49.0.167)

We were at Playalinda Beach at the Canaveral National Seashore at Titusville, Florida last month. Used the north end of the beach nude with about 200 others on Memorial Day weekend. Almost everyone was nude. The park rangers road by on their quadrunner a few times without problems.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: Anonymous]
      #1529060 - 08/17/13 02:33 PM (68.68.136.46)

Whispering Pines is a great place to visit. The grounds are amazing and beautiful. Friendly people and great owners. The best part is the friendly people. Great place!

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: DSSS]
      #1529809 - 08/20/13 07:37 AM (69.72.61.183)

Quote:

DSSS said:
We were at Playalinda Beach at the Canaveral National Seashore at Titusville, Florida last month. Used the north end of the beach nude with about 200 others on Memorial Day weekend. Almost everyone was nude. The park rangers road by on their quadrunner a few times without problems.

You are at the mercy of the ranger(s) on duty at any given time. If the personel (rangers) change, which happens quite often at federal parks and property, YOU could be given a citation or arrested for being nude. That's a fact that I experienced at Canaveral National Seashore. SO BEWARE!
YOU ROLL THE DICE AND TAKES YOU CHANCES ANYWHERE THAT NUDITY IS NOT ALLOWED BY LAW.

CapeRobb
Traveler

Re: NC beaches [Re: Anonymous]
      #1529832 - 08/20/13 11:34 AM (184.74.98.127)

Have there been any citations issued this summer? We will be visiting the area after Labor Day for the first time. Is one more or less likely to have a problem with rangers at Apollo or Playalinda?

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: CapeRobb]
      #1529976 - 08/21/13 08:25 AM (69.72.61.224)

Quote:

CapeRobb said:
Have there been any citations issued this summer? We will be visiting the area after Labor Day for the first time. Is one more or less likely to have a problem with rangers at Apollo or Playalinda?

I don't know if citations were issued this summer or last summer or the summmer before that. It's a guessing game. No one can say positively that you will or will not have a problem. If nudity is against the law and you are nude, you are breaking the law. It's really that simple.

It's like speeding in your car past the posted speed limit. Sometimes we can get away with it, but sometimes we get a ticket. It's all fun and games until an intolerant cop is having a bad day. That's the best analogy that I can think of.

Becareful what you read on the internet. I was on the AANR site and found the Canaveral area designated as nude friendly and tolerant. I took this to mean that I would not have a problem. I was wrong. We were warned by a ranger that nudity was not allowed or tolerated while he was on duty...and he wasn't very nice about it. That was before we attempted to disrobe.

After the experience I contacted the AANR. I told them what and who we encountered. They acknowledged that, yes, they knew of this ranger and he was a problem.
But! They did not post of any problems of this area on their website, before or after the incident. WHY?!?! A simple disclaimer of being nude at these places is at your own risk should be present on all websites with an nude agenda to protect the unsuspecting.

This incident was a few years ago, but the bad experience has been burned into my memory banks.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 85968

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline