Traveltalkonline.com Forums

People Talk >> SXM People Talk

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Carol's Polls [Re: charlieh]
      #1592532 - 06/02/14 10:36 PM (72.61.37.28)

No, it is not pretty much automatic, it IS automatic. All you have to do is click the box that says "remember me" and you will be automatically logged in any time you come to the board. And regardless, any time you are logged in, you can go in and change your password and WRITE IT DOWN, so there is no possibility of not knowing what it is...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
charlieh
Traveler

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Re: Carol's Polls [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1592538 - 06/02/14 11:33 PM (67.232.31.137)

Quote:

Carol_Hill said:
No, it is not pretty much automatic, it IS automatic. All you have to do is click the box that says "remember me" and you will be automatically logged in any time you come to the board. And regardless, any time you are logged in, you can go in and change your password and WRITE IT DOWN, so there is no possibility of not knowing what it is...

Sounds right. I post on a lot of message boards and some are easier to deal with concerning passwords than others. I can't remember the last time I had to sign in here, so I agree with Carol on this.

For those of you who think there is ANY possible downside in registering - would like to have your reasons why.

Biturbo
Traveler

Loc: Royersford, PA (30m NW of Phil...
Re: Carol's Polls [Re: charlieh]
      #1592539 - 06/03/14 12:55 AM (72.78.206.213)

If you delete your cookies, which most do occasionally, all you have to do is double-click on the sign-in block, and you'll be signed in.

--------------------
"It's a magic kind of medicine, that no doctor could prescribe." JB

Angelface
Traveler

Loc: Washington, DC/SXM
      #1592656 - 06/03/14 06:24 PM (208.87.107.68)

Quote:

Carol_Hill said:
Just because you're registered, there is no way anyone would know who you are, unless YOU reveal information about yourself. All it takes is an email address, which email address is not known to anyone other than admins, unless YOU make it public. The reason to register at this point is to be able to participate in this board, period.

Yeah, I agree with this. For the first many years on this board, no one knew who I was. As time went on and I got more into social media things, I found I wanted to actually meet some of the people I met on the board. So now, just a few people know my real identity. But it's totally possible to register and still be anonymous! It's all about what you choose to reveal.

BTW Carol, loved the polls.

af

charlieh
Traveler

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Re: Carol's Polls [Re: Angelface]
      #1592678 - 06/03/14 08:13 PM (67.232.31.137)

Meeting people with similar interests tends to always be fun, and the internet certainly can help facilitate that. I've met over 1,000 people and actually had dinner and drinks with them via the college internet world - people from 10 different universities from Miami (Florida) to Arizona to Illinois and Maryland. Most of the folks are UNC and Kansas fans, but it you try, you can really reach out.

NJHarry
Traveler

Loc: New Jersey
      #1592739 - 06/04/14 08:38 AM (24.185.152.92)

Carol, thank you for posting the polls. I waited awhile to allow votes to accumulate and took the opportunity to review the votes and read the comments this morning. The comments were very interesting, especially the section on 'how long have you been coming.' This was a great idea and I hope more people will vote over the coming months and/or add their input to the posts.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Carol's Polls [Re: NJHarry]
      #1592747 - 06/04/14 09:13 AM (71.101.35.187)

As I said in the other thread, at some point I think I will put the polls in a separate forum, as after a couple of months, they will fall way down the forum, unless there are new responses.

Unregistered

Re: Carol's Polls [Re: pat]
      #1593063 - 06/05/14 12:18 PM (96.253.198.198)

Gee pat, I guess this makes you happy. I think any bias is bias. that said the decision is made... Yes there will be people that post poorly, but so can registered people... Remember.... You posts have no more bearing than someone that did not register, in fact!!!! Its all about your experience. and how you see things... Means nothing in the real world of St.M.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Re: Carol's Polls [Re: Anonymous]
      #1593065 - 06/05/14 12:30 PM (71.101.35.187)

Anon--No one said anything about anyone's opinion being any more valuable than anyone else's. If there was anything that prevented you from registering, then your gripe might have some credence. As it is, if you'd like to participate here, register.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 5766

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline